ImageImageImageImage

Elliot, Morris, McFadden, Dunbar & Comp pick.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:14 pm

So we have 5 running backs now. Wow, just wow. And now another TE. Sorry Mr. B. If I knew Jerry was gonna do this, I wish we had wasted our 2nd pick and a comp to move up and get Lynch instead. You know, a need. :crazy:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#2 » by Mr B » Sun May 1, 2016 4:30 am

I don't think all 5 backs make the team. Especially not if they are going to keep 3 QB's. Also they have a glut of OL and DL. I think they keep 4 RB's Max.

And as much as I would have liked Lynch I'm glad they stuck to the chart and didn't overpay. Be prepared though, if Lynch has any kind of success this year he is going to go hard after a QB in the 1st round next draft. And from what I hear it's a weaker QB class.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Re: Elliot, Morris, McFadden, Dunbar & Comp pick. 

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon May 2, 2016 12:36 am

Can we get anything for McFadden and Dunbar? Perhaps make a trade down the road. I want to put them on the immediate expendable list. I kinda like that kid they drafted in the 6th round.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon May 2, 2016 1:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Can we get anything for McFadden and Dunbar? Perhaps make a trade down the road. I want to put them on the immediate expendable list. I kinda like that kid they drafted in the 6th round.

Honestly - I don't see much of a market for either. Recall that Dunbar shopped himself around prior to resigning with Dallas. Clearly were no takers of significance then so I can't imagine anyone dropping a draft pick for him. And DMF is a 30 year old RB in a league where that isn't much of a commodity.

I still see Dunbar on the 8 week DL and McFadden looking for another team come Week 1.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon May 2, 2016 9:40 pm

I'm talking post draft here. Trade or let go, perhaps a draft pick for next year. I don't want Dunbar here and I never wanted McFadden here. I see no future for wither one, nor do I want either one now we have Elliot.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mr B » Tue May 3, 2016 6:15 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm talking post draft here. Trade or let go, perhaps a draft pick for next year. I don't want Dunbar here and I never wanted McFadden here. I see no future for wither one, nor do I want either one now we have Elliot.

I've been preaching that for a while now. Both are injury prone. DMC has a roster bonus coming up and neither can play ST. The 3rd and 4th running backs HAVE to play ST. I'm hoping that Jackson has a good camp and makes the team because of his ST play and that they can find a smallish RB that can return kicks and do some of the things Dunbar can do.

There's basically no trade value for DMC or Dunbar.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue May 3, 2016 12:10 pm

Even Morris said as much yesterday... and he did it in a far more responsible and mature manner than Sam Bradford ever has (gotta get an Iggle dig in whenever and wherever I can...). If I were a betting man, I'd lay odds McFadden gets released early in camp if he even goes there at all. Wouldn't be the first time the Cowboys let a guy go to give him a legitimate shot of hooking on with another team.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jun 2, 2016 9:11 pm

At least if we get rid of McFadden, it will free up some $$$$ for much more defensive help.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:25 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:Even Morris said as much yesterday... and he did it in a far more responsible and mature manner than Sam Bradford ever has (gotta get an Iggle dig in whenever and wherever I can...). If I were a betting man, I'd lay odds McFadden gets released early in camp if he even goes there at all. Wouldn't be the first time the Cowboys let a guy go to give him a legitimate shot of hooking on with another team.
There was a reason we signed Morris and it didn't make any sense to me to keep DMC, especially after we drafted Elliot. Injury prone DMC has to be the odd man out. let him go to free up some money or make a trade if possible. We need defense man.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mr B » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:55 am

I think they'll be able to trade DMC towards the end of camp. He'll be getting ready to come back from his injury ands one team will have an injury, it happens every year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:31 am

His trade value just went out the window. there's a reason we signed Morris. Cut the crap and drama. Put him up for trade now or just cut him.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Yep. Tell me the last time a trade was made near the end of training camp involving a guy like DMC.

I'll wait.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#13 » by Mr B » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:18 pm

Likely he'll be traded at the end of camp. He'll be healthy at that point. No way they keep 5 RB's. I'm thinking they keep Elliott, Morris, Jackson, and one of the FB's.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 2, 2016 4:46 pm

We are obviously going with Elliot and Morris as our main guys. And I love that one, two punch. We desperately need some LB and D-line help. I hope that is the plan.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Aug 2, 2016 6:03 pm

Heard a terrific interview with Morris yesterday. What a good dude. It's gonna be real easy to root for him. He "gets it".
Mr B
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mr B » Wed Aug 3, 2016 6:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:We are obviously going with Elliot and Morris as our main guys. And I love that one, two punch. We desperately need some LB and D-line help. I hope that is the plan.

Don't rule out Darius Jackson winning that backup role. Everything I've been hearing is he's really pushing Morris. He's also already a better receiver out of the backfield than Morris, and he plays ST. He also will likely get the most carries in pre-season, especially with Elliott tweaking his hamstring yesterday.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#17 » by Mr B » Wed Aug 3, 2016 6:09 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:Heard a terrific interview with Morris yesterday. What a good dude. It's gonna be real easy to root for him. He "gets it".

Yea he's definitely not your typical pro athlete. He still drives the 1991 Mazda he bought for like $200 his freshman year in college. He said guys are amazed that he doesn't have another car beside that one.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 4, 2016 4:02 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:We are obviously going with Elliot and Morris as our main guys. And I love that one, two punch. We desperately need some LB and D-line help. I hope that is the plan.

Don't rule out Darius Jackson winning that backup role. Everything I've been hearing is he's really pushing Morris. He's also already a better receiver out of the backfield than Morris, and he plays ST. He also will likely get the most carries in pre-season, especially with Elliott tweaking his hamstring yesterday.

If he's the Rb we were talking about after the draft,I really do like that guy. Wasn't he one of those 6th round draft choices we took?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#19 » by Mr B » Thu Aug 4, 2016 4:14 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

If he's the Rb we were talking about after the draft,I really do like that guy. Wasn't he one of those 6th round draft choices we took?

Yup, got him right before drafting Gathers. Out of Eastern Michigan if I'm remembering right. The kid has some moves, and is really fast! He's also a big back and is a good receiver out of the backfield. With Elliott nursing his hamstring and McFadden injured we are going to see a ton of Jackson in the pre season. He wears #34.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 4, 2016 3:03 pm

Yea. I saw some of the vetting they did on him after the draft. We may have something in this kid. I like his motor and he looks like the serious type. I like what I see from him so far.

Return to Dallas Cowboys