ImageImageImageImageImage

The Amazingly Suck Theodore Leonsis Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#1241 » by AFM » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:27 pm

Honestly I've drunk texted my ex girlfriends less embarrassing schiet. What a loser.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1242 » by montestewart » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:30 pm

AFM wrote:Never, he's going for that Verizon center monopoly. We are probably going to have to wait 40 years for him to kick the bucket, maybe less if he keeps stuffing Gyros in his mouth, maybe he'll choke and hit a coffee table a la George W Bush.
I'll probably still be alive in 40 years, unfortunately the majority of the posters on here won't. RIP.

Tancun Ted could always have one of these Final Destination 3 accidents

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCrfP-yQNG8[/youtube]
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#1243 » by Halcyon » Fri Jul 1, 2016 12:08 am

What an embarrassment.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#1244 » by TGW » Fri Jul 1, 2016 3:23 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#1245 » by pineappleheadindc » Fri Jul 1, 2016 3:56 am

This is proof that Ted has surrounded himself with yes men, as any low achieving (comparative to potential), insecure, think-skinned "leader" does.

When you cite urinal cakes and red-painted stairs as "progress", and you're not a writer for The Onion, yeah that means you're a douchebag. And a pretty poor performing one at that.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
Endless Loop
Sophomore
And1: 174

Post#1246 » by Endless Loop » Fri Jul 1, 2016 1:51 pm

Have read this awesome board for many years, but never posted. But today I just had to vent.

With the Wizards, there's usually two sides to the coin. For instance I'd agree that the Morris trade was stupid, but you can at least argue the opposite side. For Ernie, that sort of deal is beautiful, because a really accurate assessment of the deal will take a few years to become apparent, since there's the question of who would that #1 pick have been, and how would he have turned out.

But the current state of this team is unambiguously a disaster, and there's just no two ways about it. It's a profound strategic failure. If Ted isn't careful here, we're can look forward to at least 4-5 years of, at best, a struggle to make the playoffs.

In hopes of signing a guy who won't even talk to them, the Wizards emptied the cupboard, leaving only 5 players under contract, at a time when 15 teams have max cap space. Every team has pressure to fill seats and be competitive now. But the supply of decent free agents is small. It means that it's guaranteed that for the next couple of years free agents will be overpaid versus what you'd pay for them after things settle down. Way overpaid.

The Wizards obviously should have stocked up a year ago with market-priced talent, so they'd have had trade assets because they'd have what are now decent contracts to sell. If KD had been willing to come here, there would have been no problem making room.

But here we are. Five guys under contract in a year when every free agent will cost a ton.

Looking forward, I would worry that Wall won't return when his contract is up. That's almost assured. There's no way the Wizards will rise above mediocrity for the next couple of years, after which Wall should have no reason whatsoever to think that things will improve. After all, this is a team that's kept one of the worst GMs in the NBA on board forever. It's clearly a team that can't conceive and execute on a realistically achievable strategy.

This is 100% on Ted. Ernie is just what he's always been- a guy who is pretty darn good at saving his own skin at the expense of the team.

Ted, just stand back and look at this disaster. Five guys under contract in the priciest free agent offseason ever. Is there any ambiguity about what all these years of Ernie has achieved? I never thought I'd say it, but Snyder is soooooo much better as an owner than you. Ernie persuaded you to go all in on this free agent class. How's that working out? Will there be consequences?

I'd have fired Ernie years ago, but given the current situation, I'd fire him... today.

And last thing, Ted. Ernie, ever interested in saving his own skin, will surely overpay now for some over the hill free agent, so as to achieve a year or two more of mediocrity. Then Wall will leave, you will fire Ernie, and it'll be a complete reboot, while you keep pay for the last 2-3 years of free agent underachievement you bought this summer. Unless you prevent your GM from doing anything stupid this summer, you're looking at no less than 5 years of suckitude. Good work, dude. Give Ernie a raise.

I've kept season tickets through years of this. No more. I'm voting with my wallet. See ya.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,033

Post#1247 » by daoneandonly » Fri Jul 1, 2016 1:56 pm

Endless Loop wrote:Have read this awesome board for many years, but never posted. But today I just had to vent.

With the Wizards, there's usually two sides to the coin. For instance I'd agree that the Morris trade was stupid, but you can at least argue the opposite side. For Ernie, that sort of deal is beautiful, because a really accurate assessment of the deal will take a few years to become apparent, since there's the question of who would that #1 pick have been, and how would he have turned out.

But the current state of this team is unambiguously a disaster, and there's just no two ways about it. It's a profound strategic failure. If Ted isn't careful here, we're can look forward to at least 4-5 years of, at best, a struggle to make the playoffs.

In hopes of signing a guy who won't even talk to them, the Wizards emptied the cupboard, leaving only 5 players under contract, at a time when 15 teams have max cap space. Every team has pressure to fill seats and be competitive now. But the supply of decent free agents is small. It means that it's guaranteed that for the next couple of years free agents will be overpaid versus what you'd pay for them after things settle down. Way overpaid.

The Wizards obviously should have stocked up a year ago with market-priced talent, so they'd have had trade assets because they'd have what are now decent contracts to sell. If KD had been willing to come here, there would have been no problem making room.

But here we are. Five guys under contract in a year when every free agent will cost a ton.

Looking forward, I would worry that Wall won't return when his contract is up. That's almost assured. There's no way the Wizards will rise above mediocrity for the next couple of years, after which Wall should have no reason whatsoever to think that things will improve. After all, this is a team that's kept one of the worst GMs in the NBA on board forever. It's clearly a team that can't conceive and execute on a realistically achievable strategy.

This is 100% on Ted. Ernie is just what he's always been- a guy who is pretty darn good at saving his own skin at the expense of the team.

Ted, just stand back and look at this disaster. Five guys under contract in the priciest free agent offseason ever. Is there any ambiguity about what all these years of Ernie has achieved? I never thought I'd say it, but Snyder is soooooo much better as an owner than you. Ernie persuaded you to go all in on this free agent class. How's that working out? Will there be consequences?

I'd have fired Ernie years ago, but given the current situation, I'd fire him... today.

And last thing, Ted. Ernie, ever interested in saving his own skin, will surely overpay now for some over the hill free agent, so as to achieve a year or two more of mediocrity. Then Wall will leave, you will fire Ernie, and it'll be a complete reboot, while you keep pay for the last 2-3 years of free agent underachievement you bought this summer. Unless you prevent your GM from doing anything stupid this summer, you're looking at no less than 5 years of suckitude. Good work, dude. Give Ernie a raise.

I've kept season tickets through years of this. No more. I'm voting with my wallet. See ya.

I understand the Wiz fans disappointment, but if it makes you feel better, at this stage at least you are in a much better situation than my Mavs. The Mavs have just as many players under contract, and none of them are anywhere near the level of Wall, Gortat, or even Porter, at least the talent you do have is young and can be built upon.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#1248 » by tontoz » Fri Jul 1, 2016 2:07 pm

daoneandonly wrote:I understand the Wiz fans disappointment, but if it makes you feel better, at this stage at least you are in a much better situation than my Mavs. The Mavs have just as many players under contract, and none of them are anywhere near the level of Wall, Gortat, or even Porter, at least the talent you do have is young and can be built upon.

The Wizards will never be in a better situation than the Mavs as long as Grunfeld is our GM. He has had the job 13 years and the most wins the Wizards have had in that time is 46.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#1249 » by TGW » Fri Jul 1, 2016 2:17 pm

The Mavs have won a championship in recent history, and they beat that beeyatch Lebron on top of it. I think anyone on this board would trade our roster for a sliver of that.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#1250 » by closg00 » Fri Jul 1, 2016 2:57 pm

The Mavs are also in the running for Whiteside and other top FA's, FA's that laugh when Ernie is calling.

Edit: Whiteside is staying in Miami.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#1251 » by pineappleheadindc » Fri Jul 1, 2016 8:34 pm

Endless Loop wrote:Have read this awesome board for many years, but never posted. But today I just had to vent.

This, above, is an amazing post. Please stick around this board and drop your insights on all things Wizards often.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"

- Yoda
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#1252 » by Jay81 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 8:01 pm

I want Ted to suffer unimaginable franchise pain. I am no longer the same fan of this team i used to be so frankly i could care less about what happens. Here is what i want

1. Beal to keep missing large chunks of seasons
2. For Wall to depart in 2 years to Philly or some other rival as a max free agent
3. to miss the playoffs while Ted pays Brooks large money for being the guy who was suppose to get us Durant lol
4. I want the average attendance to sink to about 9,000 fans a game and ratings to plummet

there is probably more but this is enough for now.....thanks for nothing you gutless owner
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,351

Post#1253 » by doclinkin » Tue Jul 5, 2016 9:41 pm

First post, 13 +1's and counting, instant hall of fame.

Some people bide their time until they really have something to say.

Welcome on boards Loopy.
Earth2Ted
Junior
And1: 58

Post#1254 » by Earth2Ted » Wed Jul 6, 2016 12:02 am

I've spent the better part of 2 years thinking, would there have been any difference if Pollin were still here? But after the past week, for the first time, I feel like Abe would've done better with this year's free agency.

I think, when KD turned us down, Abe would have looked at Horford and said, that guy's our next Big E- we have to get him. He would have gotten personally involved, pulled out all his experiences with the 70's Unseld-Hayes teams, and that evening before, when David Aldridge was saying Horford maybe was leaning toward us over the Celt's, would have found a way to close the deal.

I could be completely wrong about that fantasy, but the point is- Ted is making me nostalgic for the Abe Pollin era- and I never thought that would happen in a million years.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#1255 » by closg00 » Wed Jul 6, 2016 2:13 pm

The jig is up guys. Coach Brooks is locked-up for 5 years and Ernie is almost done rebuilding the roster for Brooks to work with for the next few years. Ernie, the steady hand of Ted, will be around for years to monitor and "manage" the new group as most are locked-up for 4-years.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#1256 » by payitforward » Wed Jul 6, 2016 2:33 pm

doclinkin wrote:

First post, 13 +1's and counting, instant hall of fame.

Some people bide their time until they really have something to say.

Welcome on boards Loopy.

Ditto -- one post and you nail it.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#1257 » by payitforward » Wed Jul 6, 2016 2:38 pm

The only way I can make sense of the Nicholson/Smith/Burke acquisitions is that Ted specifically told Ernie to spend very little money. He's praised the acquisition of Morris in those terms: i.e. we didn't overspend.

But, in that case why $64m for a backup Center? I really do not get it. It's not that Ernie made "bad" moves -- he made senseless moves.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#1258 » by verbal8 » Wed Jul 6, 2016 4:16 pm

payitforward wrote:But, in that case why $64m for a backup Center? I really do not get it. It's not that Ernie made "bad" moves -- he made senseless moves.

At any other position adding a player similar in production/cost to Mahinmi would make sense. Even a scoring PG could play with Wall enough to justify the cost. However using the biggest offseason asset(significant cap space) in a way that adds little depth doesn't make much sense.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#1259 » by Dark Faze » Wed Jul 6, 2016 6:49 pm

payitforward wrote:The only way I can make sense of the Nicholson/Smith/Burke acquisitions is that Ted specifically told Ernie to spend very little money. He's praised the acquisition of Morris in those terms: i.e. we didn't overspend.

But, in that case why $64m for a backup Center? I really do not get it. It's not that Ernie made "bad" moves -- he made senseless moves.

we've all heard the criticisms from Wall about not putting up with another year of 1 year contract guys again---which was absolutely the way to go given the **** tier players available this off-season

so clearly ernie was mandated to say eff it and fill out the team with the remaining cap the best he could after Horford bailed on and here we are

worst part of it is that there aren't any miracle acquisitons left to make outside of trades...even if EG gets sacked a new GM will struggle to fix this

we just cemented the wall era as going down with a whimper--having never acquired that second all-star
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#1260 » by BigA » Sat Jul 9, 2016 5:45 pm

Return to Washington Wizards