ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Free Agent Talk 

Post#1 » by BW32 » Wed Jul 6, 2016 10:28 pm

Dubbsy wrote:A writer from Dallas said that there is a growing sense that Avi Lee will return to the Warriors.

I hope not!!!

Him and West cannot play together what so ever.

I think the idea is to fill the C position by committee so that Dray doesn't have to get worned down in the regular season. I would still rather get more size and length since we have West already at hand but I get why they would consider Dave.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,902

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#2 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jul 6, 2016 10:43 pm

Lakers612 wrote:Hey guys... Wolves just signed Brandon Rush to a one year $3.5M contract..

Was hoping you guys could provide insight on him. Is he the definition of a 3 & D guy? (looks like he shot above 40% from 3 last season)

Yes, he is a 3 and D guy. Two years ago he was really strugling coming back from injury but last year he started returning to form. When Barnes went down with his ankle injury, Rush stepped in and played well. He is a hard worker too, every game I went to the last two years he was always one of the first to arrive and last to leave shoot around.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#3 » by wco81 » Thu Jul 7, 2016 1:54 am

Coxy wrote:
Dubbsy wrote:A writer from Dallas said that there is a growing sense that Avi Lee will return to the Warriors.

I hope not!!!

Him and West cannot play together what so ever.

I'd welcome David Lee back with open arms, and I'm 100% certain the players would as well.

Tough thing for David Lee would be to see his teammates, some of whom he played with years ago, getting these humongous contracts while he's on a minimum deal.

But he may not be getting many offers elsewhere.

He may have to sit on the end of the bench a lot of the games.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#4 » by cdubbz » Thu Jul 7, 2016 10:55 pm

I feel we missed out on Marshall Plumlee - he signed with the Knicks. All the Plumlee brothers are solid.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
RichmondWarrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#5 » by RichmondWarrior » Thu Jul 7, 2016 11:39 pm

Ian Clark and Mo Buckets reportedly want to come back next season on the veteran minimum.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#6 » by Commodor » Fri Jul 8, 2016 4:54 pm

Sooo with Clark signing last night, the line up as currently constructed is;

Curry/Livingston/Clark
Klay/McCaw
KD/Iggy
Green/West/Looney
Zaza/Jones

So 12/15 roster spots taken as of today.

Lets get Randy Foye to be SG insurance in front of McCaw.

Then lets get a back up center to fill the gap while Jones recovers from surgery. Tyler Zeller? Brandon Bass? Vegas Leaguer? I'd love Miles Plumlee as the #3 center personally but probably out of our $$ range.

If we decide to keep the full 15 i'd say bring on Caron Butler. But having some roster flexibility would be nice if any other vets shake loose around the waiver deadline.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#7 » by watch1958 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 5:11 pm

Wish they could hook Udoh for the minimum. Polished his game a little in Euro. Still the same basic stuff, better blocker than rebounder, limited offensive game. But it would be nice to have a healthy mobile big who can switch out and leap and move, especially with the weapons they have now.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#8 » by wco81 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 7:13 pm

Plumlee signed with Knicks I think.
Whirrun
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#9 » by Whirrun » Sat Jul 9, 2016 5:13 pm

I think GS should go all in for Larry Sanders. Convince him to sign a 1 year deal at the MLE, and tell him that should he perform he'll get a sweeter deal next off season.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#10 » by marthafokker » Sat Jul 9, 2016 6:30 pm

Whirrun wrote:I think GS should go all in for Larry Sanders. Convince him to sign a 1 year deal at the MLE, and tell him that should he perform he'll get a sweeter deal next off season.

MLE? What MLE are you talking about?

And what sweeter deal for 2017? GSW might have to decide on keeping either Iggy or Livingston after Curry and KD get their max.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#11 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:47 am

Interesting.... Just turned on the Warriors' Summer League game.... Early in the second half, ESPN's Tom Penn (formerly in the Blazers' front office) is part of the announcing team. They were remarking how the Warriors have done a great job finding and developing talent, as well as getting guys on good deals such as Pachulia's. Penn said that he was talking to Jerry West earlier today, and West said "We're not done yet..... We've got somebody pretty good that's coming soon." I may have slightly mis-phrased it, but the implication was that there is a specific good player who is about to sign on.

We'll see.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,451

Post#12 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:56 am

ChuckDurn wrote:Interesting.... Just turned on the Warriors' Summer League game.... Early in the second half, ESPN's Tom Penn (formerly in the Blazers' front office) is part of the announcing team. They were remarking how the Warriors have done a great job finding and developing talent, as well as getting guys on good deals such as Pachulia's. Penn said that he was talking to Jerry West earlier today, and West said "We're not done yet..... We've got somebody pretty good that's coming soon." I may have slightly mis-phrased it, but the implication was that there is a specific good player who is about to sign on.

We'll see.

Ray Allen? :lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:58 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:Interesting.... Just turned on the Warriors' Summer League game.... Early in the second half, ESPN's Tom Penn (formerly in the Blazers' front office) is part of the announcing team. They were remarking how the Warriors have done a great job finding and developing talent, as well as getting guys on good deals such as Pachulia's. Penn said that he was talking to Jerry West earlier today, and West said "We're not done yet..... We've got somebody pretty good that's coming soon." I may have slightly mis-phrased it, but the implication was that there is a specific good player who is about to sign on.

We'll see.

Allen's not what we need. Already have 2 back-up SG's in Clark and McCaw, we have greater needs elsewhere.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,451

Post#14 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:02 am

ChuckDurn wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

We'll see.

Allen's not what we need. Already have 2 back-up SG's in Clark and McCaw, we have greater needs elsewhere.

Totally agree. Lol Just throwing a name out there. Taking those earlier rumors into account. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,644

Post#15 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:07 am

Whats everyone thoughts on maybe adding Jimmer as one of our end of the bench guys? I think he might be kinda solid for us
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#16 » by mos_def » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:07 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Whats everyone thoughts on maybe adding Jimmer as one of our end of the bench guys? I think he might be kinda solid for us

Why? He was a bad defender in college and probably still is if he made the NBA
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,644

Post#17 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:37 am

mos_def wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Whats everyone thoughts on maybe adding Jimmer as one of our end of the bench guys? I think he might be kinda solid for us

Most guys on the endof the bench dont play anyway. Jimmer has the possibility of getting hot and making a few 3s though.
RichmondWarrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#18 » by RichmondWarrior » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:15 am

ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
mos_def wrote:

Most guys on the endof the bench dont play anyway. Jimmer has the possibility of getting hot and making a few 3s though.

More than just his defense (which is consistently bad), even his offense these days is very inconsistent. If you're consistently horrible on one end of the court (to the extent that the rest of the team needs to compensate for you), you need to be very good/consistent on the other end. I'd pass.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,566

Post#20 » by Profound23 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Larry Sanders would be perfect for the Warriors. He doesn't need his touches....just rebounding and shot blocking.

Return to Golden State Warriors