Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Re: Get to Know Your Thunder Fans! 

Post#41 » by bondom34 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:02 pm

Welcome aboard!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
oken
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Post#42 » by oken » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:23 pm

hello. i've been following this forum for nearly a year now and finally decided to join as a user. i am Turkish and try to follow NBA since my university years where we would follow the bulls-jazz rivalry throughout our night crammings for finals. i was a stockton fan back then possibly due to his down to earth looks and reachable attitude and we Turks have a tendency to side with the weaker ones. I followed Jazz while Memo Okur was playing there, cheered for Magic while Hedo reached the finals and now I am following OKC since Kanter joined last year. I believe OKC has been the best choice for him with the organization's extra effort to make him feel home and feel involved. I am also fan of Kanter because of his political stance against current Turkish president who would possibly get him tried at court for just some of tweets about him. So go OKC, go Kanter, do your best there and never return to Turkey.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#43 » by Andre Roberstan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:25 pm

oken wrote:hello. i've been following this forum for nearly a year now and finally decided to join as a user. i am Turkish and try to follow NBA since my university years where we would follow the bulls-jazz rivalry throughout our night crammings for finals. i was a stockton fan back then possibly due to his down to earth looks and reachable attitude and we Turks have a tendency to side with the weaker ones. I followed Jazz while Memo Okur was playing there, cheered for Magic while Hedo reached the finals and now I am following OKC since Kanter joined last year. I believe OKC has been the best choice for him with the organization's extra effort to make him feel home and feel involved. I am also fan of Kanter because of his political stance against current Turkish president who would possibly get him tried at court for just some of tweets about him. So go OKC, go Kanter, do your best there and never return to Turkey.

Welcome!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by bondom34 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:41 pm

oken wrote:hello. i've been following this forum for nearly a year now and finally decided to join as a user. i am Turkish and try to follow NBA since my university years where we would follow the bulls-jazz rivalry throughout our night crammings for finals. i was a stockton fan back then possibly due to his down to earth looks and reachable attitude and we Turks have a tendency to side with the weaker ones. I followed Jazz while Memo Okur was playing there, cheered for Magic while Hedo reached the finals and now I am following OKC since Kanter joined last year. I believe OKC has been the best choice for him with the organization's extra effort to make him feel home and feel involved. I am also fan of Kanter because of his political stance against current Turkish president who would possibly get him tried at court for just some of tweets about him. So go OKC, go Kanter, do your best there and never return to Turkey.

Welcome!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,269

Post#45 » by Jstock12 » Fri Jul 1, 2016 9:02 pm

I'm a Lithuanian and a Raptors fan (because of Valanciunas). I support Lithuanian teams, so naturally OKC is now my team as well :-) The only Lithuanian team that was very hard to root for was the Houston Rockets last year :-D
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#46 » by Andre Roberstan » Fri Jul 1, 2016 9:15 pm

Jstock12 wrote:I'm a Lithuanian and a Raptors fan (because of Valanciunas). I support Lithuanian teams, so naturally OKC is now my team as well :-) The only Lithuanian team that was very hard to root for was the Houston Rockets last year :-D

Welcome! We're much more fun than the Rockets :nod:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by bondom34 » Fri Jul 1, 2016 10:08 pm

Jstock12 wrote:I'm a Lithuanian and a Raptors fan (because of Valanciunas). I support Lithuanian teams, so naturally OKC is now my team as well :-) The only Lithuanian team that was very hard to root for was the Houston Rockets last year :-D

Glad to have you, and yep, its easier to root for OKC! :lol:
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,548

Post#48 » by ken6199 » Mon Jul 4, 2016 9:22 pm

dbrandon wrote:

I see you, and raise you with the all offense no defense line up of Dmo/Anderson/Beasley/Harden/Gordon!

And hey Jstock12, check this out.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1440103
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,269

Post#49 » by Jstock12 » Mon Jul 4, 2016 9:37 pm

ken6199 wrote:
dbrandon wrote:

I see you, and raise you with the all offense no defense line up of Dmo/Anderson/Beasley/Harden/Gordon!

And hey Jstock12, check this out.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1440103

Hahaha, well... I didn't say I hate the Rockets, only that they weren't easy to root for last year, and judging from a lot of posters on Clutchfans, they didn't enjoy that trainwreck much either :lol: I would still like DMo to stay a Rocket just because of the very active fanbase you have.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,548

Post#50 » by ken6199 » Mon Jul 4, 2016 9:45 pm

Jstock12 wrote:Hahaha, well... I didn't say I hate the Rockets, only that they weren't easy to root for last year, and judging from a lot of posters on Clutchfans, they didn't enjoy that trainwreck much either :lol: I would still like DMo to stay a Rocket just because of the very active fanbase you have.

Was half kidding;-)

Welcome to our team board (or clutchfans) anytime. One thing I can say is - Captain Hook is *by far* the most loved player here in Houston. Fan favorite. Dude hustles, got big heart, smart and skilled, and on top of that, he has a very humorous twitter account!

Spoiler:
Sorry to all OKC fans for hijacking the thread. Down year in Houston, had to fight for neutral fans :D
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Wescowood
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#51 » by Wescowood » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:54 pm

Long time lurker so I thought I would go ahead and sign up. I've been a fan of the thunder since day one. I don't have what you would call a favorite player. I just enjoy watching them play. Wes
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by bondom34 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:10 am

Wescowood wrote:Long time lurker so I thought I would go ahead and sign up. I've been a fan of the thunder since day one. I don't have what you would call a favorite player. I just enjoy watching them play. Wes

Welcome!
Wescowood
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#53 » by Wescowood » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:33 am

Thanks for the welcome bondom.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,073

Post#54 » by Patches Perry » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:40 pm

I've been living in Oklahoma City since 2006. Before that, I lived 21 years (my whole life to that point) in Southern California. Thunder have been my favorite team since their day 1 in 2008. Honestly though I consider myself more of a general NBA fan than a fan of a specific team. Most fans around here are diehard Thunder fans, casual NBA fans. I’m the opposite. I’m a diehard NBA fan, casual Thunder fan.

Thanks for the welcome bondom34.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by bondom34 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:42 pm

Patches Perry wrote:I've been living in Oklahoma City since 2006. Before that, I lived 21 years (my whole life to that point) in Southern California. Thunder have been my favorite team since their day 1 in 2008. Honestly though I consider myself more of a general NBA fan than a fan of a specific team. Most fans around here are diehard Thunder fans, casual NBA fans. I’m the opposite. I’m a diehard NBA fan, casual Thunder fan.

Thanks for the welcome bondom34.

Glad to see you drop by man!
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#56 » by shakendfries » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Hey- I think you guys might enjoy this video

:rock:
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
FloridaHoosier
Starter
And1: 1,083

Post#57 » by FloridaHoosier » Mon Oct 3, 2016 7:34 pm

New fan here, although I've always liked your team. Hoosier basketball fan so love Victor Oladipo. Ticked off Magic fan because they traded him, but husband bought me league pass so I will be watching all your games! Go Thunder!
"Don't let the pressure exceed the pleasure." "Try not to suck."
"I don't vibrate at that frequency." ~ Joe Maddon
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 7:44 pm

FloridaHoosier wrote:New fan here, although I've always liked your team. Hoosier basketball fan so love Victor Oladipo. Ticked off Magic fan because they traded him, but husband bought me league pass so I will be watching all your games! Go Thunder!

Welcome!

Glad to have another Big Ten fan aboard :D.
Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Post#59 » by Osirus89 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:40 am

:) Hello all,
Been an OKC fan since around the lockout and posted other places but the communities dried up. Glad I found this site. Looking forward to talking hoops with everyone!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by bondom34 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:45 am

Osirus89 wrote::) Hello all,
Been an OKC fan since around the lockout and posted other places but the communities dried up. Glad I found this site. Looking forward to talking hoops with everyone!

Welcome aboard!

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder