Highlights of Bosa's return

Moderator: bwgood77

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Highlights of Bosa's return 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:08 am

Who's mostly at fault? Looks like they are talking again. Hopefully any ill will dissipates and he signs soon and can play in the next preseason game.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Re: What are your thoughts on the Bosa situation? 

Post#2 » by bleu » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:22 pm

I've posted this in other similar threads, and I'll echo it here. This whole thing is so stupid and childish. Stupid on the part of the Bosas in the sense that he's a Rookie and hasn't done a thing to prove his NFL worth yet, and the Chargers are still offering him a very standard Rookie contract so he should just swallow his pride and sign on. He and his family haven't handled it very well either, which I'm sure they'll regret down the road. Stupid on the part of the Chargers because it really doesn't hurt them to just give the kid his money up front. Is it really worth having your "star rookie" sit out for most of camp to hold your position on this? Either way, at this point I think it will really hurt Joey to have missed this much time, and later on in the season (if they're not already), I think both sides will regret this a lot.
OnceUponADime
Senior
And1: 399

Post#3 » by OnceUponADime » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:02 pm

I think both sides share some blame but mostly I'm on Bosa's side only because he's asking for a contract that all other top 5 picks have gotten in the past since the new CBA.

This is embarrassing for the Chargers to go through a horrific season like last year and then to not even reap the reward (top 3 pick in the draft) from the draft.

At the time I didn't like the Bosa pick and this hasn't made me like him any better. I wonder if the Chargers are kicking themselves for not taking Buckner, Ramsey or one of the top LTs in the draft instead.
Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Post#4 » by Wiscfan92 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:33 pm

Today's announcement from the team indicates they are nowhere near a deal. Feel for all you Charger fans out there. If/when this deal gets done, this kid better bring it.
Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:41 am

Wiscfan92 wrote:Today's announcement from the team indicates they are nowhere near a deal. Feel for all you Charger fans out there. If/when this deal gets done, this kid better bring it.

I really thought after that announcement he would sign not too long after that...because he really has no choice. If he sits out he loses money and his agents are not going to get what they want, but they certainly are not going to want to wait a year or be fired...even if he did sit out the draft and wait...he wouldn't go first round after sitting out. Zero upside for Bosa holding out any longer...not only for the Chargers but mostly for him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Highlights of Bosa's return 

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 4, 2016 4:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Chargers