AFC West Competition

Moderator: bwgood77

matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

AFC West Competition 

Post#1 » by matt131 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:01 am

Both Kansas City and Denver looked beatable tonight. Both teams have tremendous defenses, though, that can get after the quarterback. But, given some protection, I think Rivers could pick them apart. Peyton looked decent on their final drive, but he looks like he could be taken down this year. Chiefs offense looks strong, but I feel like we could put up more points than them. Either way, I think tonight showed that, despite their victory, the Broncos are not in complete control of the AFC West. I think the Chiefs and Chargers have a very good shot at taking down the Broncos this year.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Re: AFC West Competition 

Post#2 » by Revived » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:57 pm

I think Broncos and Chiefs will give the Chargers O line fits.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,066

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:37 pm

The division is up for grabs, but we need offensive line improvement and to cut out stupid mistakes.
Revived
RealGM

Post#4 » by Revived » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:35 pm

This team just looks bad. Injuries, terrible coaching and horrible in game decisions and executions.

To get blown out by Minnesota and an average sophomore QB is well....embarrassing.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:28 pm

Minnesota's qb didn't do a thing. It was all their running game and D. They need to run Gordon more and stop the stupid penalties and turnovers. I wish they'd have some bigger balls when it came to going for it on 4th down or doing an occasional trick play.

I think Rivers really misses Gates as well.
Revived
RealGM

Post#6 » by Revived » Thu Oct 1, 2015 11:56 am

You hit the nail on the head, McCoy needs to coach with more balls. His conservative play calling is getting annoying with Charger fans everywhere.

Chargers screwed up on hiring him over Arians.

And damn this O line is made of glass. Every damn season O line suffers s**t load of injuries. Rivers snaps the ball and their in the back field in 2 seconds.

Chargers defense knew Minnesota's just gonna run the ball and they still couldn't stop it and force Bridgewater to throw the ball.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:02 am

matt131 wrote:Both Kansas City and Denver looked beatable tonight. Both teams have tremendous defenses, though, that can get after the quarterback. But, given some protection, I think Rivers could pick them apart. Peyton looked decent on their final drive, but he looks like he could be taken down this year. Chiefs offense looks strong, but I feel like we could put up more points than them. Either way, I think tonight showed that, despite their victory, the Broncos are not in complete control of the AFC West. I think the Chiefs and Chargers have a very good shot at taking down the Broncos this year.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

What do you think of the division this year? Tougher? What are your thoughts on this year's team and Bosa?
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,796

Post#8 » by SK21209 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:36 am

I think they could improve substantially and still finish last in the division. None of the others blow me away at all, but I think all three might have a lower floor than the Chargers do. All I really want to see is McCoy coach with more conviction and our young guys (Gordon, Bosa, Henry, etc.) show some promise.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:23 pm

SK21209 wrote:I think they could improve substantially and still finish last in the division. None of the others blow me away at all, but I think all three might have a lower floor than the Chargers do. All I really want to see is McCoy coach with more conviction and our young guys (Gordon, Bosa, Henry, etc.) show some promise.

Yes, I agree. It's gonna be tough but I never really count the Chargers out. It was good to see Gordon score a 40 yard td or something in the first preseason game so hopefully he will have more confidence. Also nice to see the first unit dominate the Cardinals first unit. That was surprising. I follow the Cards fairly closely too being from Phoenix.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#10 » by bleu » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:32 pm

The AFC West is going to be very, very tough this year. I mean, it's been tough for a while, but this season especially it's going to be hard. I think that the biggest keys for San Diego to be able to make it out of there alive is winning their out-of-conference games, and winning their home divisional games. I have a very hard time seeing them going to Oakland, Kansas City, or Denver and coming away with a win. However getting those opponents at home makes them much more possible to win. Aside from the Division, their schedule isn't particularly tough, they won the lottery by drawing the AFC South. All 4 of those are winnable, but the Texans on the road will be tough. I see 9 or 10 games on their schedule that they could very possibly win.
OnceUponADime
Senior
And1: 399

Post#11 » by OnceUponADime » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:59 pm

I think Oakland will take the division with SD/KC coming in close 2nd.

I hope we can at least take a wildcard spot.

I think the Broncos Super Bowl hangover will doom their season.

Return to Los Angeles Chargers