ImageImageImageImage

options to replace romo?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

options to replace romo? 

Post#1 » by shagadelic45 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:30 pm

no that romo is out injured, yet again, who candallas trade for and/or sign in free agency or after cuts?
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Re: options to replace romo? 

Post#2 » by boogiesdad » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:26 am

Only one QB that comes to mind that could step in and be mobile, but that also has experience....sad, but its Michael Vick
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:13 pm

Is A.J. McCarron of the Bengals available?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:40 pm

Won't be Shaun Hill...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:17 pm

boogiesdad wrote:Only one QB that comes to mind that could step in and be mobile, but that also has experience....sad, but its Michael Vick

If I was the commisioner, Michael Vick would not even be in the NFL. Send him back to jail.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Sep 1, 2016 12:20 am

Kansas city is dangling Aaron Murray. You guys know anything about him?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#7 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 4, 2016 6:33 pm

Looks like Sanchez is the guy. Meh. If the Cowboys are down to their 4th QB it might as well be Dirty Sanchez. He'll help us get a better draft pick.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 6, 2016 2:36 pm

No wonder we are the laughing stock of the NFL at times. This is the result of giving away all those past draft choices that set us back and the salary cap hell we were in thanks to Jerry. yes, Steven finally got us out of salary cap hell, but we still are behind the curve with depth.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 7, 2016 5:16 pm

And Mark "butt fumblin" San Cheeze isn't the answer.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Sep 9, 2016 4:13 pm

Just saw and heard Trent Silfer tell everyone on first take that Tony Romo will not get back on the field again as Cowboy qb. He thinks Prescott is the real deal.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#11 » by Mr B » Fri Sep 9, 2016 4:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Just saw and heard tell everyone on first take that Tony Romo will not get back on the field again as Cowboy qb. He thinks Prescott is the real deal.

Yea a lot of "experts" are saying that. I don't believe it. Once he's healthy he'll get back on the field.

Just for the sake of the conversation though, let's say Dak balls out and continues to look extremely good and makes it obvious he's the long term answer at QB. If he is he needs to play. Would the Cowboys do Romo like the Niners did Joe Montana? Make him backup Dak next year (since Romo's contract demands he be on the team next year)? Then find a team to trade him to the following year if he still wants to play.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Sep 9, 2016 9:37 pm

So who out there would be dumb enough to pick up his contract.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#13 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:35 am

If Brees hadn't resigned and had decided to retire instead I would have though New Orleans. Peyton and Romo are still friends. Brees got an extension though so there goes that idea. Miami maybe? The Cardinals?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#14 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:25 pm

Well - if his "injury" issues continue to put him on the bench, the question of "picking up his contract" will be a moot point. At some point, his wife is going to ask him if he ever wants to play golf again.

Dude can't even pick up his kids. That speaks volumes.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:53 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Just saw and heard tell everyone on first take that Tony Romo will not get back on the field again as Cowboy qb. He thinks Prescott is the real deal.

Yea a lot of "experts" are saying that. I don't believe it. Once he's healthy he'll get back on the field.

Just for the sake of the conversation though, let's say Dak balls out and continues to look extremely good and makes it obvious he's the long term answer at QB. If he is he needs to play. Would the Cowboys do Romo like the Niners did Joe Montana? Make him backup Dak next year (since Romo's contract demands he be on the team next year)? Then find a team to trade him to the following year if he still wants to play.
What happens if we can find a trader before next season starts?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:34 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

What happens if we can find a trader before next season starts?

I don't think they would trade him mis season. First, his trade value is low because of his injury history. Also I don't think he could pass a physical before the trade deadline. If (huge if) he is traded, the earliest I could see it happening is during the off season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:54 pm

You may be correct but I can't see Romo going anywhere unless he goes to a really good team with a chance at the big dance. He doesn't have much time left, imho. Just can't see him going any place that desperately need a QB just to get beat up with nothing on the horizon.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#18 » by Mr B » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:03 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:You may be correct but I can't see Romo going anywhere unless he goes to a really good team with a chance at the big dance. He doesn't have much time left, imho. Just can't see him going any place that desperately need a QB just to get beat up with nothing on the horizon.

Yea he definitely won't be going to some scrub team. Although I heard someone talking about potential teams that might be interested in trading for him in the off season and they brought up the Rams. I actually think that would be a perfect fit for him. They have good weapons on offense and one of the best young defenses in the league. Not sure about their OL though. Whatever it looks like they would. Red to beef it up a bit with Romo at the helm.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:06 am

That's kinda funny after all the moves they made to draft Goff.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#20 » by Mr B » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:28 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:That's kinda funny after all the moves they made to draft Goff.

Yup, Golf is clearly not ready.

Return to Dallas Cowboys