UNCNYC wrote:REVENGE IS LIKE THE SWEETEST JOY NEXT TO GETTIN

I aint a killa but don't push me
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Re: GAME THREAD: Carolina Panthers vs Denver Broncos 

Post#65 » by bleu » Fri Sep 9, 2016 5:32 am

Had the game DVR'd and just finished it. ****. You know what though, given how sloppy and undisciplined the team played, having a game against the Super Bowl Champs on their field come down to a missed field goal is better than it should have been. I like a lot of things I saw from the team, but the defensive secondary needs to step it up and the team as a whole needs to get their **** together and play much tighter than they did tonight.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Week 1: Panthers vs Broncos 9/8 8:30PM EST 

Post#66 » by bleu » Fri Sep 9, 2016 5:44 am

Sorry to leave you fellas here alone tonight. Had the game on DVR and just got to it. Bitter doesn't even describe that one, but at the end of the day we lost a game to a very good team. Now hopefully Cam comes back 100% and they put it behind them.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Post#67 » by El Turco » Fri Sep 9, 2016 8:48 am

UNCNYC wrote:REVENGE IS LIKE THE SWEETEST JOY NEXT TO GETTIN

Looks like you aint getting either
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,067

Post#68 » by therealbig3 » Fri Sep 9, 2016 10:13 am

jwise44 wrote:Holy crap I slept through the game! Looks like cam played good sucks they lost

Eh, not really. He was wildly inconsistent, the Broncos defense pretty much had his number...again. The Panthers scored 3 points in the 2nd half, and that came late in the 4th when they had already lost the lead.

This is basically the same Broncos team from last year. Crappy QB who's just trying to not suck too badly, with a dominant defense. They should win 10+ games and be a nightmare matchup for anyone. That defense will give anyone problems, and whenever they get a halfway decent game out of their QB, they're almost unbeatable.

Winning ugly and looking hella lucky in the process was the story of their season last year. That's pretty much what every win looked like.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#69 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Sep 9, 2016 11:59 am

Cam got the hell beat out of him. That's what a quality defense can do.

And I'm sure Redskins fans are chuckling at the idea of Gano being a "clutch" kicker. He's not. That was a "yak" of the highest order.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by bleu » Fri Sep 9, 2016 1:33 pm

Nothing but respect for the Broncos defense. They are an incredibly solid group, and they made sure Cam never had much time to throw unless he worked for it and made it himself. The Panthers O-Line isn't great, but I don't think many teams are going to be able to beat that pass rush. Cam DID get dinged in the head a few times that went uncalled and that sure didn't help the Panthers down the stretch. But I'm not one for excuses, hell of a game by the Broncos D.

It's over though, and now I get to enjoy a Saturday full of college football and a Sunday full of NFL, so I couldn't be happier.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,050

Post#71 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 9, 2016 2:24 pm

bleu wrote:Nothing but respect for the Broncos defense. They are an incredibly solid group, and they made sure Cam never had much time to throw unless he worked for it and made it himself. The Panthers O-Line isn't great, but I don't think many teams are going to be able to beat that pass rush. Cam DID get dinged in the head a few times that went uncalled and that sure didn't help the Panthers down the stretch. But I'm not one for excuses, hell of a game by the Broncos D.

It's over though, and now I get to enjoy a Saturday full of college football and a Sunday full of NFL, so I couldn't be happier.

Tough loss with a missed FG after making it on the kick where they had called a timeout. But it IS a road loss to the defending champs, so not a bad loss, and out of conference, so shouldn't impact playoff seeding much.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 42,929

Post#72 » by JDR720 » Fri Sep 9, 2016 6:13 pm

well that didn't go well, next up is the 49ers.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,278

Post#73 » by Hornet Mania » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:36 pm

Not too worried, honestly. The most surprising thing to me was how well Siemian played, even his turnovers weren't really awful decision just tipped balls and one underthrow when he had a chance to make a play. Carolina lost by 1 on the road to an amped-up defending champ with improved QB play (at least for this one game).

Gano is going to hit that FG a little over 50% of the time. If he had made it all anyone would be talking about is "Omg, Cam was so clutch taking those hits and he made that ballsy-as-hell throw to Ginn to get into FG range. He's really matured" but instead it's all "Lmao, Newton still overrated, got owned again." Prisoners of the moment.

Still expect something between 10-6 and 13-3, win the division and then see how things shake out in the playoffs. If they struggle to put the Niners away next week maybe my antennas will go up, but right now I feel like we're a contender and it all comes down to January just like I did three days ago.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by bleu » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:31 pm

Hornet Mania wrote:Gano is going to hit that FG a little over 50% of the time. If he had made it all anyone would be talking about is "Omg, Cam was so clutch taking those hits and he made that ballsy-as-hell throw to Ginn to get into FG range. He's really matured" but instead it's all "Lmao, Newton still overrated, got owned again." Prisoners of the moment.

I couldn't agree more here, I think this is dead on. If there's anything that's concerning to me it's that our defense was pretty shaky at times, I thought the offense was pretty great overall. Benjamin looked great in his return (all of the receivers looked great really), Greg Olsen was, well, Greg Olsen. Running backs did what they were asked. Offensive line wasn't great, but they were going up against an unbelievable defense. I thought Cam did pretty well, especially considering how many times he got beamed in the head.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#75 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:05 pm

the Panthers will be 2-4 to start the season
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#76 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:35 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:the Panthers will be 2-4 to start the season

:lol: I hope your right.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,278

Post#77 » by Hornet Mania » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:41 pm

Carolina next 5 games:

-Niners
-Vikings (maybe Bradford's first game)
-1 game apiece vs entire NFC South

Maybe if the competition was tougher it would be different, but 2-4 vs that schedule is very unlikely. Three of those five will be in Carolina including the two most difficult games on paper (Vikings/Bucs). They're a different team in Charlotte, 10-0 last year including completely dismantling Arizona in what everyone expected to be a contest of relative equals. It would be major cause for concern if the Panthers don't come out of this early stretch with a winning record. I expect 4-2, but 5-1 would really put an early stranglehold on the division and it's not impossible with that slate.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#78 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:56 pm

Hornet Mania wrote:

Carolina next 5 games:

-Niners

Maybe if the competition was tougher it would be different, but 2-4 vs that schedule is very unlikely. Three of those five will be in Carolina including the two most difficult games on paper (Vikings/Bucs). They're a different team in Charlotte, 10-0 last year including completely dismantling Arizona in what everyone expected to be a contest of relative equals. It would be major cause for concern if the Panthers don't come out of this early stretch with a winning record. I expect 4-2, but 5-1 would really put an early stranglehold on the division and it's not impossible with that slate.

2-4,3-3 at best. They will lose to the Saints and either Minn or Atlanta or both.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by bleu » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Hornet Mania wrote:

Carolina next 5 games:

-Niners

Don't even bother, you're talking to a guy who (still) thinks the Vikings will win the Super Bowl, and that the Saints and Falcons are the 4th and 7th best teams in the league.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#80 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:27 pm

bleu wrote:
Hornet Mania wrote:

Carolina next 5 games:

-Niners

Don't even bother, you're talking to a guy who (still) thinks the Vikings will win the Super Bowl, and that the Saints and Falcons are the 4th and 7th best teams in the league.

I never said win. I said- get there. I dont know that Saints ,Falcons will be 4,7,specifically..but top 12 somewhere.
And what team just lost game one..the Panthers. everyone/the majority thought they were a definite winner.
so you are talking to a guy that was already correct from the get go. :D

Return to Carolina Panthers