Week 2 thoughts

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,311

Week 2 thoughts 

Post#1 » by Homerclease » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:29 pm

2-0!

Sloppy, sloppy game by the offense. Moved the ball at will but shot themselves in the foot with untimely drops and silly turnovers. Cruz is still shaking off the rust but you can see the glimpses of his former self starting to shine through. Shepard becoming more and more comfortable in the NFL. Run game took a step backwards but also give credit to the saints for showing up on the defensive end.

The real story was the defense. Wow! Fantastic job containing Brees and company holding them to only 13 points. The defense has only relented 2 touchdowns in 2 games against two fairly strong offensive teams. Secondary really had a game today led by Jenkins and Collins each making some huge plays!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Week 2 thoughts 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:48 pm

Defense?

Didn't see that as a 16-13 game, but I'm impressed there. Actually like how they've played mostly through 2 weeks.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,311

Post#3 » by Homerclease » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:15 pm

Huge contributions from Apple, Shepard and Thompson as well, very nice to see from the rookie class. Would still like to see BJ Goodson, Perkins and Jerel Adams get their shot too. Donnell had a costly TD drop today and has a tendency to cough up the rock as well.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#4 » by bondom34 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:45 am

Homerclease wrote:Huge contributions from Apple, Shepard and Thompson as well, very nice to see from the rookie class. Would still like to see BJ Goodson, Perkins and Jerel Adams get their shot too. Donnell had a costly TD drop today and has a tendency to cough up the rock as well.

Saw a lot of people question taking Apple that early. Still really soon but through 2 games he's been very solid.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Gandalf
Junior
And1: 159

Post#5 » by Gandalf » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:31 am

He did make some mistakes but also some very good plays, mistakes will happen, he's a rookie after all..but I think he has a lot of potential. Another nail biting game, the offense was not good, Odell needs to step up his game, I can remember 2 catches a prime Odell would complete. The D was top.
MJ #23 G.O.A.T.
#FireHoiberg #FireGarPax
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 153

Post#6 » by Lost in LA » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:43 pm

That is a game we would have lost last year...small steps ..offensive line looks iffy

Return to New York Giants