[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Cousins

Moderator: LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: Cousins 

Post#421 » by LyricalRico » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:36 pm

FreeBalling wrote:Where are the Cousins bashers? At least recognize Quality play when you see it.

This! Kirk is have an all-time season for a Skins QB. Sure, he had a hugely embarrassing play that will be on blooper reels forever, but he rebounded by leading the team to victory. Captain Kirk is here to stay!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#422 » by Ruzious » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:32 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
FreeBalling wrote:Where are the Cousins bashers? At least recognize Quality play when you see it.

This! Kirk is have an all-time season for a Skins QB. Sure, he had a hugely embarrassing play that will be on blooper reels forever, but he rebounded by leading the team to victory. Captain Kirk is here to stay!

I sure hope he does stay. Every week his price has gone up. The Skins need to ante up, because losing him would be devastating. Franchising might be an option, but I'd take a chance and pay the money long-term to keep him.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#423 » by Kanyewest » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:58 am

I was looking for this thread on the Wizards board and eventually found it.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#424 » by LyricalRico » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Kanyewest wrote:I was looking for this thread on the Wizards board and eventually found it.

Excellent! :D

How do you feel about Captain Kirk and the team moving forward?
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#425 » by Kanyewest » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:17 am

LyricalRico wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:I was looking for this thread on the Wizards board and eventually found it.

Excellent! :D

How do you feel about Captain Kirk and the team moving forward?

I thought there was a chance that Cousins could turn it around. I wasn't as sure as CCJ though. I'm pleasantly surprised that Cousins is a decent starting quarterback although he could further cement that status (or blow it) in the playoffs. Jordan Reed has made Cousins look a lot better although if Washington finds a solid running game and improve its secondary then Washington could think about being a contender. Although I am still holding out a bit of hope that Washington can be competitive for the remainder of the season- hopefully for a couple of playoff games.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#426 » by FreeBalling » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:21 am

I imagine Cousins comments to our RG3 are like this. Give it a chance

https://youtu.be/8iOpUdsMeqM

The mods must have no ide how hard it is to log in.... You guys suck..............................................

My MSIS degree smells the stink. Un **** your self.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#427 » by FreeBalling » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:05 am

TGW can you relate to this?

https://youtu.be/8iOpUdsMeqM

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/8iOpUdsMeqM[/YouTube]
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#428 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:24 pm

Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins has spent the offseason driving his conversion van to Atlanta, prepping for a trip to the Super Bowl, followed by one to London for promotional work, and then another quick trip back to San Francisco.

What he’s not worried about just yet is his next contract. Besides, he’s already done his part to earn the next one; now it’s up to the Redskins and his agent to get one completed.

“I don’t have any expectations,” Cousins said at the Washington Auto Show Wednesday night. “I just go forward knowing my job was to play football the best I could and whatever I do on the field will speak for itself.

“I just play football and try to find completions and avoid sacks and protect the football and win games. Hopefully I can do that at a high level. We’ll let the rest take care of itself.”

<snip>

For Cousins, though, the focus remains on the field. He and his wife, Julie, are staying in her parents’ basement this offseason in Atlanta.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/23335/redskins-qb-kirk-cousins-wants-to-avoid-being-flash-in-the-pan
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#429 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:35 pm

LOL, living in his wife's parents' basement. And he's going to sign a contract guaranteeing him 10's of millions of dollars. You like that!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#430 » by Ruzious » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Sounds like the Skins are playing hardball in the Cousins negotiations. I think they'll regret it if they don't make a long-term deal with him THIS offseason. Yes, they can franchise him and "force" him to sign a 1 year deal for 20 mil, but... if they go that route next year, it becomes absurd money - 27 million. Plus, if they try to sign him long-term next offseason, the price goes way up - as the NFL salary cap is also going up a lot. My suggestion here is basically what it is with RG3 - stop playing games and do what's best for everyone sooner rather than later. The longer you wait, the more likely it is that you're going to shoot yourself in your damn foot.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#431 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 5, 2016 12:48 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:SPEAKING OF ELWAY, that is whose organization had expressed interest in KIRK Cousins.

Cousins met with Bills coach Chan Gailey and quarterbacks coach David Lee during his Buffalo visit. The Chiefs sent QB coach Jim Zorn to East Lansing to conduct a workout and film session. Cousins visited Denver last week and met with coach John Fox, executive vice president of football operations John Elway, general manager Brian Xanders and a regional scout.

"It seems like a great organization and great place to be if that's where I end up," said Cousins, who also caught up with Broncos receiver and former Spartan Mark Dell.

Cousins, who said he would watch the draft tonight with his family in Holland, would welcome a chance to learn the NFL game under new Denver starter Peyton Manning.

"Certainly being his backup would have its challenges at times,
because I know he is a demanding person and that's part of the reason he's so successful. But I think some of the things I'd learn would be invaluable," Cousins said.

Mike Shanahan really has messed up. This kid wants to be a starter and would have been ideally suited to play behind a legend like Payton. He would have gotten to watch the BEST work. Now, Cousins goes to a town where he might be perceived to be the bad guy. Griffin has to try to destroy him, but IMO it could be that Cousins adapts to the Shanahan's offense really well.

Prediction: Griffin could struggle and Shanahan is going to prefer this young man, who appears to be very solid as well.

I read this comparison somewhere else but it is Heath Schuler vs Gus Frerotte all over again.

I said that in 2012, four years and a few days ago. Who's still the QB in DC?

:reporter:
Bye bye Beal.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#432 » by W. Unseld » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:28 pm

CCJ--I see you're saying your predicted Cousins would be the starter--are you standing by the Shuler vs. Ferrotte comparison? That really lowers my expectations (please don't headbutt a wall Kirk)
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#433 » by W. Unseld » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:52 pm

If I've learned one thing from thinking a bunch of NBA guys got overpaid LAST year, it's that it's better to overpay now then overpay later. Really wish the Skins had taken that tactic with Cousins, even if he's a little worse than last year (they did nothing to address the line and the WRs are either old or rookies) he's still better than 75% of the guys playing the position.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#434 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:27 pm

W. Unseld wrote:If I've learned one thing from thinking a bunch of NBA guys got overpaid LAST year, it's that it's better to overpay now then overpay later. Really wish the Skins had taken that tactic with Cousins, even if he's a little worse than last year (they did nothing to address the line and the WRs are either old or rookies) he's still better than 75% of the guys playing the position.

Makes sense, although we can't be sure how much of this is Captain Kirk betting in himself. Maybe a different guy with similar credentials takes a deal sooner rather than later?

Of course, the saving grace of NFL contracts over NBA deals is the limited guarantees and the ability to renegotiate when necessary. So I'm not really worried about paying Cousins next year.
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Cousins 

Post#435 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Sep 2, 2016 2:27 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:http://www.freep.com/article/20120501/SPORTS18/205010424/michigan-state-kirk-cousins-nfl-draft?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CSports" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is it the most controversial fourth-round NFL draft pick ever?

That's what many pundits were making Washington's choice of Michigan State's Kirk Cousins sound like, since the Redskins already had used the No. 2 overall pick on Baylor's Robert Griffin III:

Cousins' outlook
Cousins, on Dan Patrick's show Monday morning, said he is ready to make the best of the situation and avoid the dreaded quarterback controversy some are predicting.

"My job is to help the Redskins win football games, so whatever that may be, I'm going to keep an open mind, and I know my opportunity will come sooner or later," he said.

• Peter King, SI.com: "Worst pick, offense: Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State."

• Don Banks, SI.com: "I keep trying to discern the master plan, but I just can't see the wisdom of it. It strikes me as the wrong move, at the wrong time, by the wrong team."

• Will Brinson, CBSSports.com: "Unless the NFL is suddenly going to start using the same rules as a two-quarterback fantasy league, the decision to grab Kirk Cousins doesn't make any sense."

• Gregg Rosenthal, NFL.com: "The Redskins believe Cousins can be a good backup. That's not a luxury in today's NFL; it's a requirement."

• Todd McShay, ESPN Radio, thinks Cousins could end up as one of those coveted backup QBs down the road: "This might be the best thing that ever happened to Kirk Cousins' career."

My opinion: I believe in generating as much positive energy as possible. Cousins want an opportunity but he won't get it in Washington. "RG III is the quarterback", said by Shanahan says that because the Redskins evaluated him so, he's going to be handed the starting QB. I think the young man is a rookie who is full of unknowns and he has not proven a thing in the NFL.

Also, "RG III is the quarterback", says to Cousins "You are not." But when is the opportunity going to come? When Griffin gets hurt. The Redskins seem to be implying there is no possibility Griffin struggles at all. Even if he does, the QB that Shanahan said is too good to pass up isn't the man, right?

Besides, Griffin will get the snaps in practice and Cousins won't. Right?

To me it is beyond stupid to draft a young man and extinguish his dreams, or, to make Griffin look over his shoulder at another rookie.

Four years ago I even said Cousins would get his opportunity when RG3 gets hurt.

Sent from my LG-H345 using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#436 » by Ruzious » Tue Sep 6, 2016 3:26 pm

Who knew Cousins would get the job because RG3 just couldn't play a standard NFL system - worst pocket instincts ever - even worse than his sliding instincts?

I still hear a lot of national people saying Cousins is just a game manager and no more than an average starting QB. And they correctly point out that the Skins didn't beat any winning teams last year. Well, he'll just have to win more games this year. I have little doubt that he'll pass for more yards and TD's this season.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#437 » by TGW » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:03 am

Cousins is getting destroyed in the media, and rightfully so. He's garbage.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
RealGM

Post#438 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:12 am

Moot point.

Colt McCoy ...

Sent from my LG-H345 using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#439 » by Kanyewest » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Cousins finally beat a winning team... yay.
RealGM

Post#440 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:09 am

TGW wrote:Cousins is getting destroyed in the media, and rightfully so. He's garbage.

:dontknow:
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Football Team