ImageImage

Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion

Moderator: SD2042

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion 

Post#241 » by El Turco » Mon Oct 3, 2016 7:30 pm

patriots yet to be tested by a good team, who knows how good they are. giving up 16 to an one dimensional team missing its best offensive player is no crowning achievement.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,051

Post#242 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 8:30 pm

Arda K wrote:patriots yet to be tested by a good team, who knows how good they are. giving up 16 to an one dimensional team missing its best offensive player is no crowning achievement.

The Bills might be a lot better than people think. They lost to the undefeated Ravens, a good Jets team (despite their 9 to performance against KC) and then easily beat the Cardinals and Patriots, two teams who people thought were super bowl contenders.

You could say they've played the toughest schedule in the league.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#243 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Oct 3, 2016 11:08 pm

Arda K wrote:patriots yet to be tested by a good team, who knows how good they are. giving up 16 to an one dimensional team missing its best offensive player is no crowning achievement.

so, in other words the Coach and the rest of Patriots suck then.

it was a divisional loss at home with a team one game behind them. The Pats need to worry
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#244 » by bleu » Mon Oct 3, 2016 11:17 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

it was a divisional loss at home with a team one game behind them. The Pats need to worry

You're mr. history, right? The Patriots have won their division 12 out of the past 13 years. They've had 10+ win seasons 13 years straight. They are currently 3-1 after starting two quarterbacks who had practically no prior NFL experience, and are now bringing back one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game of football, along with the top TE in the game. The New England Patriots have no reason to worry.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#245 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Oct 3, 2016 11:42 pm

bleu wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

You're mr. history, right? The Patriots have won their division 12 out of the past 13 years. They've had 10+ win seasons 13 years straight. They are currently 3-1 after starting two quarterbacks who had practically no prior NFL experience, and are now bringing back one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game of football, along with the top TE in the game. The New England Patriots have no reason to worry.

you do realize the Pats loss at home was first in a long time,right?
The last time the Pats were held to a goose egg in New England was in 1993, back when Bill Parcells was the coach and Drew Bledsoe was under center.

They are currently 3-1 after starting two quarterbacks who had practically no prior NFL experience,

and you just accept it as no monkey business? that obviously means bullcrappola is happening. No one is that good or that lucky,that often.Especially with 2 rookie QBs.

They've had 10+ win seasons 13 years straight

which means their pretty little QB is now 13 years older,not as fast and not as good.Thats not to be debated. When you are jock and 13 years older,it means you arent remotely as good as a few years before.You are slower and you are tired and beat up.
along with the top TE in the game.

he's been useless up to now.

this wont be the Patriots year. the decline is now and it was visible in the conference championship last year when Brady couldnt hit crap the whole first 3 qtrs.

Belichick breaking something was a sign of the end of it all
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion - Giants at Vikings, 8:30 ET, ESPN 

Post#246 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 3, 2016 11:50 pm

I'll wait till I see a decline in Brady before I agree with you. Whether you love or hate him, Brady is still as good as he ever was imho.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#247 » by bleu » Tue Oct 4, 2016 12:14 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
and you just accept it as no monkey business? that obviously means bullcrappola is happening. No one is that good or that lucky,that often.Especially with 2 rookie QBs.

Yes, I accept the truth. I don't just ignore it or write it off. The Patriots are so good that they are 3-1 after starting two very young, very overlooked, very inexperienced quarterbacks. It's not luck. It's a sign that they are not to be messed with.

which means their pretty little QB is now 13 years older,not as fast and not as good.Thats not to be debated. When you are jock and 13 years older,it means you arent remotely as good as a few years before.You are slower and you are tired and beat up.

Look at the long-lasting quarterbacks of NFL history. Peyton Manning had a VERY solid 13th season. He threw for 4700 yards and 33 touchdowns. And still won a Super Bowl in his 18th. Tom has plenty of life left in him, and one game last season doesn't change that. Brady had 4770 yards and 36 TD's last year, and you think that the Patriots are going to be worse off now that he is returning? :rofl:

he's been useless up to now.

Yeah, cause he's been injured...he didn't play in the first two games, played just 14 snaps week 3 (mostly as a decoy), and only ran pass routes 13 times last week. He will be back in full swing now that Brady is returning.

this wont be the Patriots year. the decline is now and it was visible in the conference championship last year when Brady couldnt hit crap the whole first 3 qtrs.

Belichick breaking something was a sign of the end of it all

I hate the Patriots as much as anyone. But sometimes you've just gotta take a step back from what you THINK about them, and look at facts. You're always saying "it has nothing to do with feeling", but you never back things up with actual facts or stats.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#248 » by studcrackers » Tue Oct 4, 2016 12:21 am

have the vikings always done that clapping thing before games or did they steal that from the iceland soccer team?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#249 » by hermes » Tue Oct 4, 2016 12:40 am

i think its something new, i remember stories about it before week 2 that they got someone to teach the fans an icelandic chant
hermes
RealGM

Post#250 » by hermes » Tue Oct 4, 2016 12:44 am

fumble!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#251 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Oct 4, 2016 12:46 am

studcrackers wrote:have the vikings always done that clapping thing before games or did they steal that from the iceland soccer team?

Sounds like the stole it along with about 50 other teams...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
hermes
RealGM

Post#252 » by hermes » Tue Oct 4, 2016 12:52 am

td! :clap:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#253 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 4, 2016 12:53 am

hermes wrote:i think its something new, i remember stories about it before week 2 that they got someone to teach the fans an icelandic chant

What's with the "Skol" obsession? lol
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
hermes
RealGM

Post#254 » by hermes » Tue Oct 4, 2016 12:59 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
hermes wrote:i think its something new, i remember stories about it before week 2 that they got someone to teach the fans an icelandic chant

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2010/6/27/1540257/what-does-skol-mean
Anyway, at the end of the battle, Viking warriors would decapitate the king or leader of the tribe/army they had just vanquished and that night would drink from his skull--spelled skoll--as a sign of respect for the fallen opponent. It was only then, Viking warriors believed, could an opponent who had fought valiantly be allowed into Valhalla.

In battle, Vikings would urge each other forward by yelling "SKOLL" to one another. By doing so, they were telling each other to keep it up so they could drink from the skull (and the top of a lopped off skull looks roughly like a..wait for it...BOWL!!) of the Vanquished that night.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#255 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 4, 2016 1:02 am

hermes wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2010/6/27/1540257/what-does-skol-mean
Anyway, at the end of the battle, Viking warriors would decapitate the king or leader of the tribe/army they had just vanquished and that night would drink from his skull--spelled skoll--as a sign of respect for the fallen opponent. It was only then, Viking warriors believed, could an opponent who had fought valiantly be allowed into Valhalla.

In battle, Vikings would urge each other forward by yelling "SKOLL" to one another. By doing so, they were telling each other to keep it up so they could drink from the skull (and the top of a lopped off skull looks roughly like a..wait for it...BOWL!!) of the Vanquished that night.

:lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#256 » by bleu » Tue Oct 4, 2016 1:06 am

Let's goooo Vikes! I'm not hopping on the bandwagon, but I do love watching them play. I wouldn't mind seeing them do well this season, especially now that AP is injured. I can't wish much good will on him.

Also, I don't care much for the Giants.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#257 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 4, 2016 1:11 am

bleu wrote:Let's goooo Vikes! I'm not hopping on the bandwagon, but I do love watching them play. I wouldn't mind seeing them do well this season, especially now that AP is injured. I can't wish much good will on him.

Also, I don't care much for the Giants.

Amen to that !!!!!!!!
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#258 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Oct 4, 2016 1:17 am

I hate rooting for the Queens. But I really like Mike Zimmer and really want the Gints to come back to the pack.

So I shall quietly nod in approval.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#259 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 4, 2016 1:26 am

A lot of people got their panties all wet early in the year. The same issues the Giants had last year on defense are starting to resurface and show its ugly head again.
hermes
RealGM

Post#260 » by hermes » Tue Oct 4, 2016 1:31 am

rudolph td! :clap:

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers