Bears @ Colts

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Bears @ Colts 

Post#1 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Oct 9, 2016 6:15 pm

So far into the second quarter and barring some drastic changes I dont see Alshon being back next year and I think Cutler has played his last game as a Bear barring Hoyer getting injured .

Hoyer looks extremely competent
Meredith looks great
Howard is a stud

Royal is playing for money I dont know what Alshon is playing for at this point because he is not making his presence felt at all.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: RE: Bears @ Colts 

Post#2 » by heir_jordan22 » Sun Oct 9, 2016 7:17 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:So far into the second quarter and barring some drastic changes I dont see Alshon being back next year and I think Cutler has played his last game as a Bear barring Hoyer getting injured .

Hoyer looks extremely competent
Meredith looks great
Howard is a stud

Royal is playing for money I dont know what Alshon is playing for at this point because he is not making his presence felt at all.

I'm rolling all over the floor

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: Bears @ Colts 

Post#3 » by heir_jordan22 » Sun Oct 9, 2016 8:11 pm

Alston Jeffery was completely wide open in the end zone on the last offensive play and Hoyer didn't look his way. I'm sure that happened multiple times throughout the game. Hoyer three to Meredith the most because he's most comfortable with him because they're both backups

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Bears @ Colts 

Post#4 » by City of Trees » Sun Oct 9, 2016 8:53 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:Alston Jeffery was completely wide open in the end zone on the last offensive play and Hoyer didn't look his way. I'm sure that happened multiple times throughout the game. Hoyer three to Meredith the most because he's most comfortable with him because they're both backups

Common theme on offense today: Hoyer not looking Jeffery's way.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Post#5 » by patryk7754 » Sun Oct 9, 2016 8:56 pm

Haven't been able to see the last couple of games. Has the play calling improved at?
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#6 » by patryk7754 » Sun Oct 9, 2016 9:06 pm

Hoyer won't be our starter long. He might start a couple games while cutler is cleared but he'll be extremely mediocre or just bad eventually and cutler will be put back in.

As for Jeffery leaving its not happening. White out for the season twice in his two year career. No way we're letting Alson walk.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#7 » by CjayC » Sun Oct 9, 2016 9:27 pm

I think Hoyer played good outside of that play at the end. Meredith was killing it and Jeffery had a solid game as well with around 5 catches for 77 yards. Where is the need to get him involved when there is a collective team effort that was actually working? Obviously would rather go out on the sword and lob something up for Jeffery on that 4th down play, but other than that they played good.

Give Connor Barf, Logan Paulsen, and Bobbie Massie their pink slips ASAP though. They are stealing money.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#8 » by patryk7754 » Sun Oct 9, 2016 10:52 pm

CjayC wrote:I think Hoyer played good outside of that play at the end. Meredith was killing it and Jeffery had a solid game as well with around 5 catches for 77 yards. Where is the need to get him involved when there is a collective team effort that was actually working? Obviously would rather go out on the sword and lob something up for Jeffery on that 4th down play, but other than that they played good.

Give Connor Barf, Logan Paulsen, and Bobbie Massie their pink slips ASAP though. They are stealing money.

I think Massie should be playing guard but that is irrelevant since we have the two best.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#9 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:38 am

patryk7754 wrote:Hoyer won't be our starter long. He might start a couple games while cutler is cleared but he'll be extremely mediocre or just bad eventually and cutler will be put back in.

As for Jeffery leaving its not happening. White out for the season twice in his two year career. No way we're letting Alson walk.

I dont see them going back to Cutler unless Hoyer gets injured .There were some silly penalties that kept us from scoring 40 points today . What Hoyer is doing is a bonus and we dont need him to do it every game we just need him to be competent and allow the rest of the players the chance to grow .

Alshon wants top 5 money but hes going to have to produce better to get it . Hoyer missed him several times but Alshon also takes plays off . I want him to stay but unless he takes less than top 5 money hes gonna be traded unless he goes nutz the next 10 games.

The offense just got better and better as teh game went on the playcalling was pretty good . What we saw today was the growing pains of determining who the ball can go to in key situations . On one redzone play we audibled to a play in which had a receiver isolated in a corner route and it was prefect the only issue was it ended up being royal that was running it instead of alshon :nonono: . Those are the wrinkles we have to iron out .

We lost but I was very pleased with some of things I saw especially on offense .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#10 » by Susan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:01 am

Jordan Howard looks like somebody who will be here for a long time. He's a playmaker.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#11 » by patryk7754 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:53 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:Hoyer won't be our starter long. He might start a couple games while cutler is cleared but he'll be extremely mediocre or just bad eventually and cutler will be put back in.

I dont see them going back to Cutler unless Hoyer gets injured .There were some silly penalties that kept us from scoring 40 points today . What Hoyer is doing is a bonus and we dont need him to do it every game we just need him to be competent and allow the rest of the players the chance to grow .

Alshon wants top 5 money but hes going to have to produce better to get it . Hoyer missed him several times but Alshon also takes plays off . I want him to stay but unless he takes less than top 5 money hes gonna be traded unless he goes nutz the next 10 games.

The offense just got better and better as teh game went on the playcalling was pretty good . What we saw today was the growing pains of determining who the ball can go to in key situations . On one redzone play we audibled to a play in which had a receiver isolated in a corner route and it was prefect the only issue was it ended up being royal that was running it instead of alshon :nonono: . Those are the wrinkles we have to iron out .

We lost but I was very pleased with some of things I saw especially on offense .

I just don't see us sticking with a guy who is going to be signing one year contracts for the of his career
CjayC
RealGM

Post#12 » by CjayC » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:11 am

I'd sign Hoyer to a 2-3 year deal as a backup in a millisecond. We've seen worse at backup, lets be real. Trade Cutler for a bag of dorito's at this point. It hasn't all been his fault, but they just don't need that narrative hanging around the team anymore at this point.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#13 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:29 am

CjayC wrote:I'd sign Hoyer to a 2-3 year deal as a backup in a millisecond. We've seen worse at backup, lets be real. Trade Cutler for a bag of dorito's at this point. It hasn't all been his fault, but they just don't need that narrative hanging around the team anymore at this point.

That's true...

But one has to wonder how the locker room would react since Jay is voted a team captain ... Was this formality or is it guys really like and respect him? By trading Cutler mid season could Fox lose a few players in the locker room?

Maybe it holds no weight but imo its worth bringing up.

CjayC
RealGM

Post#14 » by CjayC » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:21 am

City of Trees wrote:
CjayC wrote:I'd sign Hoyer to a 2-3 year deal as a backup in a millisecond. We've seen worse at backup, lets be real. Trade Cutler for a bag of dorito's at this point. It hasn't all been his fault, but they just don't need that narrative hanging around the team anymore at this point.

That's true...

But one has to wonder how the locker room would react since Jay is voted a team captain ... Was this formality or is it guys really like and respect him? By trading Cutler mid season could Fox lose a few players in the locker room?

Maybe it holds no weight but imo its worth bringing up.

I don't think he's ever been accused of being a bad teammate by his own peers(Not color commentators and media that are body language experts), but you'd probably find a varying degree of answers about his ability to play QB if you were to talk to his teammates off the record.

As far as him being a "C" there's not really too many choices on that side of the ball. There's Long and Jeffery, as the other options and Long seems like the kind of guy to rally behind his QB because that's what a good Lineman is supposed to do. Just about everybody else on that side of the ball is super young so they may not feel it's their place to speak on him or hasn't been around the team long enough to formulate an opinion(Massie, Sitton, Miller to a lesser extent).

Return to Chicago Bears