ImageImageImageImageImage

PIF's Sheldon McClellan Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

PIF's Sheldon McClellan Thread 

Post#1 » by fishercob » Sat Oct 8, 2016 1:18 pm

Kid can play. Deserves to make the team. Deserves his own thread too.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,869

Re: PIF's Sheldon McClellan Thread 

Post#2 » by payitforward » Sun Oct 9, 2016 1:21 am

Fair enough. But... how'd I get in there? I can't play. I don't deserve to make the (any!) team. And I already have plenty of threads...

Hey, I might write a song. I'll call it...

SHELDON'S BLUES

Don't know what they did to you
I know what they did to me
Didn't take me in Round 2
Would they have took me in Round 3?

Guy out there tells me I can play
What do you think he means?
H#ll I knew that anyway
Only ones don't know are the teams

I take the ball to the cup
When that Wiz uni I wear
Got nowhere to go but up
Please tell me how to get there

You know my name is Sheldon
& I'm sitting here chillin'
But because I can't be held in
Best you call me Mr. McClellan

...like that :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#3 » by montestewart » Sun Oct 9, 2016 1:26 am

If millie shows up, you have to deal with him.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#4 » by payitforward » Sun Oct 9, 2016 2:06 am

"millie" -- wow... I'd totally forgotten about millie. I'd even forgotten about Hands.

I wish Hands was back here, actually. We need some comic relief, and I'd love to see him talk his way out of the predictions he made for how we were going to start our championship window this year (!) etc. etc. etc. :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#5 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Oct 9, 2016 7:01 am

Gotta study up on this young man ...

Sent from my LG-H345 using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: PIF's Sheldon McClellan Thread 

Post#6 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Oct 9, 2016 7:02 am

payitforward wrote:"millie" -- wow... I'd totally forgotten about millie. I'd even forgotten about Hands.

I wish Hands was back here, actually. We need some comic relief, and I'd love to see him talk his way out of the predictions he made for how we were going to start our championship window this year (!) etc. etc. etc. :)

I still don't like what happened with hands. IMO the board is certainly not better minus his contributuons, good and not so.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PIF's Sheldon McClellan Thread 

Post#7 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Oct 9, 2016 7:03 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
payitforward wrote:"millie" -- wow... I'd totally forgotten about millie. I'd even forgotten about Hands.

I still don't like what happened with hands. IMO the board is certainly not better minus his contributuons, good and not so.

Leaving that typo. Seems fitting.

Bye bye Beal.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#8 » by payitforward » Sun Oct 9, 2016 1:54 pm

It's kind of an interesting question, isn't it?

I don't think a board like this is better automatically just because someone like hands is gone, even tho his posts were not exactly textbook examples of objectivity or sustained thinking, and he rewrote his own history in his mind in order never to be wrong even when it was plain to see in the posts themselves that he was usually completely wrong.

It's great to have a cast of characters -- a bunch of folks with very different styles. Each with foibles of course, and each with strengths of one or another kind. It can go to far, of course. And maybe Hands went too far -- tho it never felt that way to me.

I'm guessing that once mods chastened him and he failed to respond, his fate was sealed.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#9 » by closg00 » Sun Oct 9, 2016 2:49 pm

If you're missing Hands, you can get plenty of him over at Bullets Forever.
RealGM

Post#10 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:16 am

payitforward wrote:

It's kind of an interesting question, isn't it?

I don't think a board like this is better automatically just because someone like hands is gone, even tho his posts were not exactly textbook examples of objectivity or sustained thinking, and he rewrote his own history in his mind in order never to be wrong even when it was plain to see in the posts themselves that he was usually completely wrong.

It's great to have a cast of characters -- a bunch of folks with very different styles. Each with foibles of course, and each with strengths of one or another kind. It can go to far, of course. And maybe Hands went too far -- tho it never felt that way to me.

I'm guessing that once mods chastened him and he failed to respond, his fate was sealed.

:nod:
Bye bye Beal.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#11 » by payitforward » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:08 pm

closg00 wrote:If you're missing Hands, you can get plenty of him over at Bullets Forever.

No, I meant to say that I miss him being here. I have no interest in looking for god knows what he's saying elsewhere. I liked him as part of our "cast of characters" is all.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#12 » by payitforward » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:11 pm

Sheldon is going to have a big night tonight -- I guarantee it! And this thread is going to blow up.

Ditto Ochefu, and he'll be complaining he doesn't have his own personal thread. We're forcing him to be a minor character in McClellan's.

Who among you is brave enough to start a Daniel Ochefu thread, I ask? Who will carry forward the Ochefu banner?
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#13 » by fishercob » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:37 pm

payitforward wrote:Sheldon is going to have a big night tonight -- I guarantee it! And this thread is going to blow up.

Ditto Ochefu, and he'll be complaining he doesn't have his own personal thread. We're forcing him to be a minor character in McClellan's.

Who among you is brave enough to start a Daniel Ochefu thread, I ask? Who will carry forward the Ochefu banner?

Read on Twitter

That Jason Smith signing, man.....
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,053

Post#14 » by queridiculo » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:44 pm

fishercob wrote:That Jason Smith signing, man.....

Incredible right?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#15 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:56 pm

fishercob wrote:
payitforward wrote:Sheldon is going to have a big night tonight -- I guarantee it! And this thread is going to blow up.

Read on Twitter

That Jason Smith signing, man.....

Ernie saw that Dat said Smith is strictly a center, so they realized there was no room for Ochefu.

Actually, I'm only half kidding - no green font for that.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,155

Post#16 » by AFM » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:59 pm

He's not strictly a basketball player
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#17 » by closg00 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:51 pm

queridiculo wrote:

Incredible right?

Such a fricking Grunfeld move, Grunfeld nutted over locking-up Orlando's cast-offs and tossing a 2nd round pick.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#18 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:35 pm

closg00 wrote:
queridiculo wrote:

Incredible right?

Such a fricking Grunfeld move, Grunfeld nutted over locking-up Orlando's cast-offs and tossing a 2nd round pick.

Kind of ironic - he signed a Jason Smith because he didn't believe in his ability to find and develop a Daniel Ochefu.

Not saying Ochefu is anything special, but he'd probably end up playing better than Smith over the life of Smith's contract.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
payitforward
RealGM

Post#19 » by payitforward » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:27 am

Three guys had to go. House and Ware are obvious cuts, and if we keep either of them it'd be ridiculous. The other cut needs to come from the group of McClellan, O'Bryant, Eddie & Ochefu.

Eddie has some $ guaranteed -- why I will never know, as he is obviously not an NBA player. Despite the little bit of $ it'd cost us, he is the one to cut.

I'd say of those 4, btw, that Ochefu is likely the most valuable prospect. He has legit size, and he had legit numbers in a big role in college. McClellan is already 24, and he's a 2, a relatively easier position to fill than a 4 or 5.

Given our GM, we'll keep the obvious cut (Eddie) and drop Ochefu, who will go on to have a solid NBA career.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#20 » by payitforward » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:30 am

fishercob wrote:Kid can play. Deserves to make the team. Deserves his own thread too.

Fish, you must have a crystal ball -- http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/39610/nba-rumor-central-sheldon-mcclellan-has-good-chance-to-stick-with-wizards

Return to Washington Wizards