All Advertising Questions

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 227

Re: All Advertising Questions 

Post#281 » by CR Reina » Thu Sep 1, 2016 10:44 pm

The Draft Kings video lasted about five days. It was the first time we've run a campaign with automatic video and will likely be the last.
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#282 » by Natural11 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Using realgm on mobile is brutal for me. Constant pop-ups. Doesn't happen on any other site.
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 227

Post#283 » by CR Reina » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:38 pm

We have informed the ad network about this issue and they're working on resolving it.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#284 » by BadWolf » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:19 pm

Natural11 wrote:Using realgm on mobile is brutal for me. Constant pop-ups. Doesn't happen on any other site.

this kind? https://imgur.com/gallery/Dd0U9
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#285 » by Natural11 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:59 am

BadWolf wrote:
Natural11 wrote:Using realgm on mobile is brutal for me. Constant pop-ups. Doesn't happen on any other site.

this kind? https://imgur.com/gallery/Dd0U9

Yeah, those are the worst. Lately I've been getting more Google play popups.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,626

Post#286 » by Howard Mass » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:07 pm

Like CR Reina said above, we are working on this.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,761

Post#287 » by Duffman100 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Ad code is always the worst. I've been a developer for years now and ad code is always sketchy and ****. Written by 'developers'.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#288 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Ad code is always the worst. I've been a developer for years now and ad code is always sketchy and ****. Written by 'developers'.

Anything written for Java or Flash is sketchy to me.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,761

Post#289 » by Duffman100 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:40 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:Ad code is always the worst. I've been a developer for years now and ad code is always sketchy and ****. Written by 'developers'.

They're writing custom javascript now that isn't namespaced, using global variables when it shouldn't...

just garbage.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,164

Post#290 » by tsherkin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:06 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:

Java like the full programming suite Java, or Java like the javascript SSSL?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#291 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:10 pm

tsherkin wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Actually, I am not against Javascript like how vulnerable Flash is. Mainly, just how often these formats can be compromised. SSL as well as JQuery have been used for attacks in the past and still do.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#292 » by tsherkin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:23 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
tsherkin wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Actually, I am not against Javascript like how vulnerable Flash is. Mainly, just how often these formats can be compromised. SSL as well as JQuery have been used for attacks in the past and still do.

Any programming language can be vulnerable if the code is poorly written. Avoiding the Eval() statement, ensuring that your variables have the proper scope, being fully aware of the code in whatever library components you're using, error trapping, memory management, input sanitization, there are tons of different angles from which code needs to be considered in order for it to be properly secure, and that translates across all of them.

Wasn't getting huffy, was just trying to clarify what you meant by "Java," because the full language versus the scripting language are of course not the same thing. :)
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#293 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:06 pm

tsherkin wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
tsherkin wrote:

Any programming language can be vulnerable if the code is poorly written. Avoiding the Eval() statement, ensuring that your variables have the proper scope, being fully aware of the code in whatever library components you're using, error trapping, memory management, input sanitization, there are tons of different angles from which code needs to be considered in order for it to be properly secure, and that translates across all of them.

Wasn't getting huffy, was just trying to clarify what you meant by "Java," because the full language versus the scripting language are of course not the same thing. :)

I have used Java in many occasions and even Flash. I have just noticed in the past when I used to utilize browsers without protections, that I got ad-ware infesting my PC's from RealGM using both Java and Flash.

But, I am not a web designer by trade even though I have an IT degree, just did it on the side for business's for years. Also, fluent in Oracle. But, I have become a Controls Engineer as my current trade designing for PLC's for Energy Management. I still design some sites on the side for small to medium business's when approached. I just did a Wordpress site and it is not fun as I hate Wordpress. I could do create entire site using notepad more easily. Just not my favorite thing to do anymore.

Currently, I only use (1) browser that is used exclusively for RealGM with Java and Flash disabled due to the amounts of Ad-Ware here.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#294 » by tsherkin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:04 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I have used Java in many occasions and even Flash. I have just noticed in the past when I used to utilize browsers without protections, that I got ad-ware infesting my PC's from RealGM using both Java and Flash.

Commonly used languages get exploited more. Same reason why Windows has more viruses and malware than other operating systems, right? We've definitely had a host of concerns and issues with the advertising over the last little while, which is why we've got these various threads here in the Feedback forum, so the admin team can do whatever they are able to in order to mitigate the troubles.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#295 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:18 pm

tsherkin wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I have used Java in many occasions and even Flash. I have just noticed in the past when I used to utilize browsers without protections, that I got ad-ware infesting my PC's from RealGM using both Java and Flash.

Commonly used languages get exploited more. Same reason why Windows has more viruses and malware than other operating systems, right? We've definitely had a host of concerns and issues with the advertising over the last little while, which is why we've got these various threads here in the Feedback forum, so the admin team can do whatever they are able to in order to mitigate the troubles.

I haven't had any problems with any Ad's for a while now since I disabled Flash and Java on this browser. All works swell!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#296 » by tsherkin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:40 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I haven't had any problems with any Ad's for a while now since I disabled Flash and Java on this browser. All works swell!

Indeed. I had the usual assortment of ad-blockers enabled and have no problems except when I browse to the site on a mobile platform, where I do not have such defenses. Unfortunately, we've known about these issues for a while, and while the admin teams continues to bust hump and do whatever they can to handle the situation, the problems persist. They're doing everything in their power at the moment, so we'll see how things develop.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,626

Post#297 » by Howard Mass » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Hopefully all will be fixed soon.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
mikestar
Junior
And1: 105

Post#298 » by mikestar » Fri Oct 7, 2016 3:00 pm

Worst mobile experience that I've ever encountered. :banghead:
Melwing
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#299 » by Melwing » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:15 am

CR Reina wrote:The Draft Kings video lasted about five days. It was the first time we've run a campaign with automatic video and will likely be the last.

I guess it wasn't the last, huh?

edit: I wish I could get out of the habit of coming here, but it's hard. I really do hope you guys are getting huge $ from this Draft Kings BS, because it genuinely is frustrating.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#300 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:34 pm

I do my best not to use ad blockers as I don't pay for this site and the owners deserve to have an income. Having said that ads on this site slow down and/or freeze my computer where ads on other sites I visit do not. In the time I opened this page and wrote this comment my page has not finished loading.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"

Return to Feedback and Suggestions