ImageImageImageImage

State of Cowboys Union?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#121 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:50 am

By the way, trading for Brady wouldn't happen. Garoppolo is hurt now (sprain AC joint in throwing shoulder). Also Dak is still playing really well. Neither team has incentive to do a trade like that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Post#122 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 4, 2016 2:06 am

So is D. Lawrence ready to go this weekend? It would be nice to see the D-line start getting better pressure on the opposing QB's.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#123 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:40 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:By chance did you guys happen to see the piece in the Dallas Morning News yesterday on Dak Prescott? I'm away but when I get to a computer I need to post the link to that and also his comments at a camp with high school kids over the weekend.

Hope we can develop him. Because the kid drips leadership. Big time.

Have to give credit where credit is due !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#124 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:You just THOUGHT our defense was going to suck BJJ. We are about to redefine "suck".

What was the music they played on Frasier that referred to having egg on face, lol.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#125 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Or leadership. I'm pissed Romo came to camp so heavy. He's never looked so fragile to me. Thoughts?

And still looks fragile and will always be. Time to move on from the Romo era and there has to be a way we can get out of his cap hit next year, there just has to be a way.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#126 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:47 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:You just THOUGHT our defense was going to suck BJJ. We are about to redefine "suck".

What was the music they played on Frasier that referred to having egg on face, lol.

I do love it when I'm wrong. Especially on this subject. That's half the fun of being a fan. Imagine if we were right all the time.

You know. Like Ernie. :lol:
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#127 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:12 pm

The defense has looked better but they are still a long way away from being championship caliber. They had almost zero pass rush yesterday. Rodgers had a ton of time in the pocket with no rush. The secondary must have played outstanding because in spite of having a ton of time (sometimes up to 20 seconds) Rodgers couldn't find an open guy to get the ball to.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#128 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:36 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I do love it when I'm wrong. Especially on this subject. That's half the fun of being a fan. Imagine if we were right all the time.

You know. Like Ernie. :lol:

But I was just as wrong as you. Outside the secondary, I had no faith in this defense going into the season.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#129 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:51 pm

Mr B wrote:The defense has looked better but they are still a long way away from being championship caliber. They had almost zero pass rush yesterday. Rodgers had a ton of time in the pocket with no rush. The secondary must have played outstanding because in spite of having a ton of time (sometimes up to 20 seconds) Rodgers couldn't find an open guy to get the ball to.

No doubt. Until we see BJJ's wish granted and get a legitimate DT (or - a stellar DE), it's going to be painful watching games like that where he stands back there - and stands... and stands.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell has got into Claiborne. All the sudden, he looks more than competent. He looks like a legitimate NFL Cornerback.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#130 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:39 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:The defense has looked better but they are still a long way away from being championship caliber. They had almost zero pass rush yesterday. Rodgers had a ton of time in the pocket with no rush. The secondary must have played outstanding because in spite of having a ton of time (sometimes up to 20 seconds) Rodgers couldn't find an open guy to get the ball to.

No doubt. Until we see BJJ's wish granted and get a legitimate DT (or - a stellar DE), it's going to be painful watching games like that where he stands back there - and stands... and stands.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell has got into Claiborne. All the sudden, he looks more than competent. He looks like a legitimate NFL Cornerback.

Health is the main reason. He's had injury after injury since he was drafted. Hell when he was drafted he already had a problem with his wrist. Then it's just been a series of injuries one after another. He started off last year playing really well too but the rest of the defense was so bad that it was just a matter of time before he started playing bad too. It also helps that that team is almost always playing with a lead this year. It's much easier to defend when the other team is having to pass to catch up.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#131 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:48 pm

Defensive line appears to be the most apparent flaw till Heath and/or Lee goes down. Then we will also see how weak we are at LB with no depth.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#132 » by Mr B » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:37 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Defensive line appears to be the most apparent flaw till Heath and/or Lee goes down. Then we will also see how weak we are at LB with no depth.

Looking forward to the draft they should be drafting in the lower part of each round (25-32 range). All of the elite pass rushers should be off the board by then. They might however be able to get them a pretty elite MLB. I know they need DL help but I have these visions of them playing with another stud MLB. A guy in the Luke Kuechly mold. Basically we need to add pro bowl MLB that can go sideline to sideline, can cover and most importantly, can stay on the field.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#133 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:49 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Looking forward to the draft they should be drafting in the lower part of each round (25-32 range). All of the elite pass rushers should be off the board by then. They might however be able to get them a pretty elite MLB. I know they need DL help but I have these visions of them playing with another stud MLB. A guy in the Luke Kuechly mold. Basically we need to add pro bowl MLB that can go sideline to sideline, can cover and most importantly, can stay on the field.

Someone like Jaylon Smith?

I'm sorry.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#134 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:46 pm

Can never have enough stud LB's imho.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#135 » by Mr B » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:27 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Defensive line appears to be the most apparent flaw till Heath and/or Lee goes down. Then we will also see how weak we are at LB with no depth.

I'm sorry.

First I don't have any faith that Jaylon is ever going to play again. At least nowhere near the level he played at Notre Dame. But if by some miracle he does and gets back to that elite level of play, I'd prefer he play the SAM instead of the MIKE.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#136 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:51 am

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I'm sorry.

First I don't have any faith that Jaylon is ever going to play again. At least nowhere near the level he played at Notre Dame. But if by some miracle he does and gets back to that elite level of play, I'd prefer he play the SAM instead of the MIKE.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that feeling.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#137 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Not much negativity to report so far on our bye week. things still going well for us. But if there is anything note worthy to report it would be this. Dez should stay in football and not try anything in Culinary arts.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#138 » by Mr B » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Not much negativity to report so far on our bye week. things still going well for us. But if there is anything note worthy to report it would be this. Dez should stay in football and not try anything in Culinary arts.

Lol, I'm not going to lie I've cut my fingers as well chopping veggies and I'm actually a pretty good cook. At least he did it while cooking for his family and not out at some strip club.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#139 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:49 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Not much negativity to report so far on our bye week. things still going well for us. But if there is anything note worthy to report it would be this. Dez should stay in football and not try anything in Culinary arts.

Lol, I'm not going to lie I've cut my fingers as well chopping veggies and I'm actually a pretty good cook. At least he did it while cooking for his family and not out at some strip club.

Cutting your fingers at a strip club indicates to me an extremely poor selection in strip clubs. Not that Dallas isn't known for one or two avoidable ones.

I believe the Doll House is closed.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#140 » by Mr B » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Cutting your fingers at a strip club indicates to me an extremely poor selection in strip clubs. Not that Dallas isn't known for one or two avoidable ones.

I believe the Doll House is closed.

When I was in my 20's I used to go all the time and trust me, there's more than 1 or 2 avoidable ones. Haha. Don't know how many of them are still open but there were quite a few sketchy ones.

Return to Dallas Cowboys