ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: ijspeelman

FrontPageNews
Starter
And1: 1,474

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#21 » by FrontPageNews » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:06 pm

BallinBen wrote:What would Cavs fans think of Westbrook and Illyasova for Love, Shumpert, a first and a second.

I think OKC would take a star that they can have long term over Westbrook, they also get a guard to replace Westbrook, as well as some fillers. The Cavs get a dominant true point guard that plays both ends. Illyasova is mostly for salary matching and he's a stretch 4 to "replace" Love. With Westbrook this could be your lineup-

Westbrook
Kyrie
Dunleavy
LeBron
TT

I'd take it. But I don't think there's any way OKC does. I highly doubt they view love as a star.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,089

Post#22 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:02 pm

FrontPageNews wrote:
BallinBen wrote:What would Cavs fans think of Westbrook and Illyasova for Love, Shumpert, a first and a second.

I think OKC would take a star that they can have long term over Westbrook, they also get a guard to replace Westbrook, as well as some fillers. The Cavs get a dominant true point guard that plays both ends. Illyasova is mostly for salary matching and he's a stretch 4 to "replace" Love. With Westbrook this could be your lineup-

Westbrook
Kyrie
Dunleavy
LeBron
TT

I'd take it. But I don't think there's any way OKC does. I highly doubt they view love as a star.

Yeah I have no idea how Kyrie, LBJ and Westbrook fit together. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't and Wesbrook would leave next summer.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#23 » by Coeur » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:10 am

Gary harris, wilson chandler, joffrey L, 2 1sts
For
Love
FrontPageNews
Starter
And1: 1,474

Post#24 » by FrontPageNews » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:33 am

Coeur wrote:Gary harris, wilson chandler, joffrey L, 2 1sts
For
Love

This deal gets laughed at my Griffin.

We can care less about picks.
ninjamilk23
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,132

Post#25 » by ninjamilk23 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:06 am

Cavs should try getting a legit center. I think losing Mozgov will hurt them in the long run. I think Cavs should try and trade for Nerlens Noel. Philly will most likely move him once Embiid and Okafor are both healthy.
Sometimes I'll start a sentence and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#26 » by Dupp » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:17 am

ninjamilk23 wrote:Cavs should try getting a legit center. I think losing Mozgov will hurt them in the long run. I think Cavs should try and trade for Nerlens Noel. Philly will most likely move him once Embiid and Okafor are both healthy.

Mozgov didn't do anything last year we don't need a centre. Main competition is the Warriors and TT can feast on them.

We'll take Noel for peanuts though
blazeyo
Sixth Man
And1: 1,864

Post#27 » by blazeyo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:12 pm

Dupp wrote:
ninjamilk23 wrote:Cavs should try getting a legit center. I think losing Mozgov will hurt them in the long run. I think Cavs should try and trade for Nerlens Noel. Philly will most likely move him once Embiid and Okafor are both healthy.

Mozgov didn't do anything last year we don't need a centre. Main competition is the Warriors and TT can feast on them.

Cavs wasted 2 1sts for Mozgov and one of them was extremely valuable.
They didn't even need him, It was a bad move.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#28 » by Dupp » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:42 pm

blazeyo wrote:
Dupp wrote:

Nah we made the finals it was a great trade. Neither pick was very valuable.
blazeyo
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by blazeyo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:21 pm

Dupp wrote:
blazeyo wrote:
Dupp wrote:

Nah we made the finals it was a great trade. Neither pick was very valuable.

Look at that Memphis pick again, it's protected 1-5 in 2017, 1-5 in 2018, unprotected in 2019, it's a really good pick since Memphis are going to rebuild soon enough.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,089

Post#30 » by jbk1234 » Tue Nov 1, 2016 6:00 am

blazeyo wrote:
Dupp wrote:

Cavs don't make the finals that first year w/o Mozgov.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#31 » by JonFromVA » Sat Jan 7, 2017 4:34 pm

blazeyo wrote:Look at that Memphis pick again, it's protected 1-5 in 2017, 1-5 in 2018, unprotected in 2019, it's a really good pick since Memphis are going to rebuild soon enough.

Yep, it could turn in to a very nice pick, or it could end up a 2nd rounder. tbd

In the mean time Griff continues to exhibit championship tunnel vision, and it's hard to complain as he's delivered.

Ferry and Grant wanted to win every trade and couldn't pull off what needed to be done to put the team over the top in LeBron's last go 'round, but hey, at least Grant provided the fuel (future picks) that Griff would need.
blazeyo
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by blazeyo » Sat Jan 7, 2017 9:27 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
blazeyo wrote:Look at that Memphis pick again, it's protected 1-5 in 2017, 1-5 in 2018, unprotected in 2019, it's a really good pick since Memphis are going to rebuild soon enough.

Yep, it could turn in to a very nice pick, or it could end up a 2nd rounder. tbd

In the mean time Griff continues to exhibit championship tunnel vision, and it's hard to complain as he's delivered.

Ferry and Grant wanted to win every trade and couldn't pull off what needed to be done to put the team over the top in LeBron's last go 'round, but hey, at least Grant provided the fuel (future picks) that Griff would need.

He had tons of assets to work with and he didn't use them to full potential, that's just how it is.
Cleveland fans love him and what he has done but seriously, even the protections on the pick and the terms don't make sense.
It's top 10 protected for 2019 and top 10 for 2020 if it's not conveyed, then it turns into 2 2nds in 2021 and 2022 so now they can't even trade their 2021 pick. It's obvious that he is trying to acquire assets while still trying to keep the luxury tax as low as possible but I can't help but wonder if they could have pulled off Thabo aswell or a better player on using that pick if they removed the protections (that are not needed btw since there is no way they are going to be in the top 10 even if Lebron gets injured) and it also makes the pick worse for cleveland right now because like I said, they can't trade the 2021 pick unless they rework it.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#33 » by gflem » Sun Jan 8, 2017 1:56 am

The only thing left to do is use the TPE to get a backup big (Nurkic?) and a backup vet PG. The Cavs have a 3-4 year window to keep winning titles and have to keep up with GSW so they shouldn't be worried in the least about future picks.
When their window does close we can worry about the mess at that point, until then its win now mode with every move they make. For me, I wont mind the clean up that is necessary in the future I will just enjoy the team being defending champs and serious contenders for the next 3-4 years.
reborn123
Pro Prospect
And1: 780

Post#34 » by reborn123 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:21 am

Marc Gasol for Frye and Shumpert and 3 unprotected 1st round draft picks next decade
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#35 » by sportscrazy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Cavs send (Their Choice Of Iman Shumpert OR Channing Frye) + Tristan Thompson + Cedi Osman to New York for Carmelo Anthony + Kyle O'Quinn?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#36 » by Dupp » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:23 am

sportscrazy wrote:Cavs send (Their Choice Of Iman Shumpert OR Channing Frye) + Tristan Thompson + Cedi Osman to New York for Carmelo Anthony + Kyle O'Quinn?

We rolling with a front court of Kevin love vs the warriors? Goodbye any advantage. TT is way too valuable to us, particularly for this matchup.
Bulls03
General Manager
And1: 1,825

Post#37 » by Bulls03 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Bulls get: Thompson, Shumpert, 1st round pick

Cavs get: Wade and Lopez
Dupp
RealGM

Post#38 » by Dupp » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:41 am

Bulls03 wrote:Bulls get: Thompson, Shumpert, 1st round pick

Cavs get: Wade and Lopez

Nah Thompson isnt going anywhere.
nbaagentprodigy
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#39 » by nbaagentprodigy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:29 am

Only way Cavs should do Melo for Love is if Cavs get an unprotected 1st this year and get cash to cover the increase in tax but I highly doubt the Knicks would accept.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#40 » by eathb_au » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:18 am

Jameer Nelson for Kay Felder.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers