Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident

Moderator: TyCobb

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident 

Post#1 » by TyCobb » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:37 pm

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/09/jose-fernandez-dies-in-boating-accident.html

In stunning and tragic news, one of baseball’s preeminent young stars, Marlins right-hander Jose Fernandez, died in a boating accident early Sunday morning, the team has confirmed. Fernandez was 24.

“The Miami Marlins organization is devastated by the tragic loss of Jose Fernandez. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at a very difficult time,” the club said in a statement.

As a result of Fernandez’s death, the Marlins have canceled their game against the Braves on Sunday. Fernandez was among three men who were found dead after a Coast Guard Patrol spotted an overturned boat off Miami Beach at 3:30 a.m. ET. The 32-foot boat the group was on had a “severe impact” with a jetty, Lorenzo Veloz of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission told the Associated Press. There’s “no indication of alcohol or illegal drugs involved,” the Coast Guard said (via ESPN.com and Adam Kuperstein of NBC 6).

_____

Sick to my stomach. :-? RIP
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,752

Re: Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident 

Post#2 » by Snakebites » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:43 pm

Yeah, this one really floored me when I pulled up ESPN this morning. What a sad day.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:11 pm

Wow, not much of a baseball fan, but saw the headline and am still floored. RIP, this is really really saddening.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#4 » by El Turco » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:22 pm

horrible
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,787

Post#5 » by Stannis » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:47 pm

RIP
Free Palestine
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#6 » by Mr. E » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:28 pm

Twice the legal blood-alcohol level & he had cocaine in his system. We should be thankful that he didn't harm more people than he did.

For some reason people's logic goes out the door when it comes to watercraft. Driving a boat while intoxicated is still very dangerous. Too many people think that it's safer because they are on the water and not on the road.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#7 » by El Turco » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:41 pm

tbf he may not have been driving it
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
thizznation
Starter
And1: 778

Post#8 » by thizznation » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:51 am

Mr. E wrote:Twice the legal blood-alcohol level & he had cocaine in his system. We should be thankful that he didn't harm more people than he did.

For some reason people's logic goes out the door when it comes to watercraft. Driving a boat while intoxicated is still very dangerous. Too many people think that it's safer because they are on the water and not on the road.

Could you stop speculating and jumping to conclusions? He reportedly wasn't the one driving the boat. Have some respect for the man and his family before you start admonishing him while spinning speculative conclusions.
Mew
Junior
And1: 388

Post#9 » by Mew » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:26 pm

thizznation wrote:
Mr. E wrote:Twice the legal blood-alcohol level & he had cocaine in his system. We should be thankful that he didn't harm more people than he did.

Could you stop speculating and jumping to conclusions? He reportedly wasn't the one driving the boat. Have some respect for the man and his family before you start admonishing him while spinning speculative conclusions.

It's the internet, people love to talk trash sitting from their glass house and act like they've never made a mistake, it's normal.

My brother actually played a few AAU tournaments with Jose, you never ever heard anything bad about him, class act, RIP.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#10 » by Mr. E » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:20 pm

Mew wrote:
thizznation wrote:

It's the internet, people love to talk trash sitting from their glass house and act like they've never made a mistake, it's normal.

My brother actually played a few AAU tournaments with Jose, you never ever heard anything bad about him, class act, RIP.

People driving/boating while intoxicated hits way too close to home for me to try to pretend to be objective.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Mew
Junior
And1: 388

Post#11 » by Mew » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:24 pm

Mr. E wrote:
Mew wrote:
thizznation wrote:Could you stop speculating and jumping to conclusions? He reportedly wasn't the one driving the boat. Have some respect for the man and his family before you start admonishing him while spinning speculative conclusions.

People driving/boating while intoxicated hits way too close to home for me to try to pretend to be objective.

At least you're honest about it, my cousin was killed by a drunk driver, and I get that people despise it and all, but most people that drink, have driven drunk in their lives, and so far the information out there is that Jose wasn't driving the boat anyway.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#12 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Now Yordano Venture dies in a car accident.. my gooodness...RIP
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Post#13 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:48 pm

Jesus

Return to The General MLB Board