Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

First Playoff Rankings are out. 

Post#1 » by Latrell » Wed Nov 2, 2016 12:12 am

1.Alabama
2.Clemson
3.Michigan
4.Texas A&M

Washington rightfully left out of the Top 4.

Come at me 'Dawgs' fans ;)
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Re: First Playoff Rankings are out. 

Post#2 » by bleu » Wed Nov 2, 2016 1:51 am

Thanks for posting this, I was about to come do the same thing.

I can see an argument that Washington should be out (although I personally think they should be in), however no way in HELL should Texas A&M be in that fourth spot. No way. Even if it's not Washington, I would put Louisville or Ohio State in there before A&M.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Latrell » Wed Nov 2, 2016 1:53 am

SEC > Big 10 and ACC.

I guess they figure those conferences don't deserve 2 teams over the SEC.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#4 » by El Turco » Wed Nov 2, 2016 2:27 am

I don't buy Washington as a top 4 either but doesn't really matter, a&m is going to lose another game and fall out eventually.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#5 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 2, 2016 5:27 am

The committee chairman represents Texas Tech & coincidentally another Texas school (A&M), just happens to get in...I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. Totally justified :roll:

:censored: you so called college "Committee" & your playoff system! Total :censored:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#6 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 2, 2016 5:28 am

Latrell wrote:1.Alabama
2.Clemson
3.Michigan
4.Texas A&M

Washington rightfully left out of the Top 4.

Come at me 'Dawgs' fans ;)

**** the SEC :lol:

We all know college football & the NCAA is a fraud. :P
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#7 » by studcrackers » Wed Nov 2, 2016 4:07 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:The committee chairman represents Texas Tech & coincidentally another Texas school (A&M), just happens to get in...I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. Totally justified :roll:

:censored: you so called college "Committee" & your playoff system! Total :censored:

You really think there's a school in the big 12 that would support a&m? Lol

This'll all be sorted out in a month. The committee has proven the only ranking that matters is the last one. Til then, they just want people talking
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#8 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 2, 2016 5:11 pm

studcrackers wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The committee chairman represents Texas Tech & coincidentally another Texas school (A&M), just happens to get in...I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. Totally justified :roll:

You really think there's a school in the big 12 that would support a&m? Lol

This'll all be sorted out in a month. The committee has proven the only ranking that matters is the last one. Til then, they just want people talking

Which is why, this is a joke. A completely flawed system. They need to expand the number of teams. Every conference champion should qualify.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#9 » by goober » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:12 am

Penn state ranked at 12 was pretty weird
El Turco

Post#10 » by El Turco » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:42 pm

they beat the greatest team ever assembled, it is fair imho

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by bleu » Thu Nov 3, 2016 5:27 pm

Goober wrote:Penn state ranked at 12 was pretty weird

Besides A&M being ranked criminally high at #4, this was the other ranking that I was blown away by. I have no personal grudge with Penn State, and I know that there are a few Penn State fans on this board so take no offense. But that is WAY too damn high for them. I get that there will always be criticism of the committee, no matter how they rank the teams. But this is a sign of absolute utter incompetence. Yes, I get that they beat Ohio State. I get it. Nice win. But they also lost to Pitt and got absolutely annihilated by Michigan. Then they were able to squeak out wins over powerhouses Temple and Minnesota. One win does not make a season.

It's actually a disgrace how badly they've overlooked the Pac 12. Just because most of their games come on after your bedtime does not mean that there is only one top-15 team in the conference.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Latrell » Thu Nov 3, 2016 9:00 pm

bleu wrote:

Besides A&M being ranked criminally high at #4, this was the other ranking that I was blown away by. I have no personal grudge with Penn State, and I know that there are a few Penn State fans on this board so take no offense. But that is WAY too damn high for them. I get that there will always be criticism of the committee, no matter how they rank the teams. But this is a sign of absolute utter incompetence. Yes, I get that they beat Ohio State. I get it. Nice win. But they also lost to Pitt and got absolutely annihilated by Michigan. Then they were able to squeak out wins over powerhouses Temple and Minnesota. One win does not make a season.

It's actually a disgrace how badly they've overlooked the Pac 12. Just because most of their games come on after your bedtime does not mean that there is only one top-15 team in the conference.

No, the Pac 12 is just trash. Sorry but it's true. So is the Big 12.

The only real conferences this year are the SEC, B10 and ACC.
El Turco

Post#13 » by El Turco » Sat Nov 5, 2016 5:37 pm

there are legitimate gripes with the committee but i do love how they treated baylor few years ago and how they are treating washington now for being cowards when it comes to scheduling out of conference games.

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by bleu » Sat Nov 5, 2016 5:55 pm

Arda K wrote:there are legitimate gripes with the committee but i do love how they treated baylor few years ago and how they are treating washington now for being cowards when it comes to scheduling out of conference games.

Wait a minute. Texas A&M scheduled UCLA (given it looked like they may be a decent team when they scheduled them), and Prairie View A&M, New Mexico State, and UTSA...
El Turco

Post#15 » by El Turco » Sat Nov 5, 2016 5:58 pm

yeah ucla was the preseason pac12 favorites iirc, at the very least they are a program with a pulse

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 5, 2016 8:29 pm

Latrell wrote:SEC > Big 10 and ACC.

I beg to differ. Outside of Alabama, ACC and Big ten are the best college football conferences this year.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Latrell » Sat Nov 5, 2016 9:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I beg to differ. Outside of Alabama, ACC and Big ten are the best college football conferences this year.

Why?

People always say how the SEC is so top heavy and a one team league what the hell makes the ACC any different?

2 great teams in Clemson and Louisville. Then you have UNC who's pretty good and FSU who's at 3 losses.

Everyone else is mediocre or straight trash.

Tennessee, A&M, Florida, LSU, Auburn, even Arkansas are at way better than most of the ACC.

B10 I'll give you is very strong. I think Ohio State and Michigan are better than the 2nd and 3rd best SEC team.

Wisconsin and Nebraska are about on par with the Florida's, Auburn's and A&M's of the world.

And yes I know Wisconsin beat LSU but it was a close game.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by bleu » Sat Nov 5, 2016 9:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Totally agree. Nobody is going to argue that Alabama isn't the top team in college football, but below that you get a lot of meh. Good teams, but no great teams. The Big 10 has at least two great teams, as does the ACC. Alabama takes the SEC up a notch, but as a whole I really don't think that they are any better than the B1G, and maybe just slightly better than the ACC.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Latrell » Sat Nov 5, 2016 9:18 pm

bleu wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Totally agree. Nobody is going to argue that Alabama isn't the top team in college football, but below that you get a lot of meh. Good teams, but no great teams. The Big 10 has at least two great teams, as does the ACC. Alabama takes the SEC up a notch, but as a whole I really don't think that they are any better than the B1G, and maybe just slightly better than the ACC.

SEC isn't as top heavy as the B10 but I believe it's a deeper conference overall. Meaning the games week to week are tougher as there are no completely useless teams like Rutgers in the SEC.

Worst SEC team is Mizzou at 2-6. Next worse is 4-5. (Ole Miss who was ranked all year)

In the B10 you have a couple of 2-6 teams and a bunch of 3-5 teams.

B10 better at the top but overall the SEC is deeper.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 5, 2016 9:23 pm

bleu wrote:

I agree, but you have to admit, the Pac 12 is weak this year.

Return to NCAA Football