Teams that will surprise this year

Moderator: bwgood77

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Teams that will surprise this year 

Post#1 » by bleu » Sat Nov 5, 2016 4:45 am

Who do you think are the most underrated teams that will turn some heads this season?

Just a few that come to mind for me:

San Diego State - I'm a big mid-major guy. I love watching the underdogs. San Diego State is going to cause some problems for the big boys this year. They're always one of the top mid-majors, but I expect them to spend quite a bit of time in the top 25 this season, and to win a crazy number of games. Malik Pope is a monster, and he is in for a big season.

Maryland - Seems weird that Maryland is underrated. But in the pre-season AP poll they were ranked #25, and they should be much higher. They lost a lot of guys last year, but they are also a deep team who will fill in those spots quickly. Melo Trimble returns, and he is looking to boost his draft stock. I expect him to be in the running for B1G player of the year.

I will add a few more later, but let me hear some of you guys' teams.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Teams that will surprise this year 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Sat Nov 5, 2016 4:54 am

Ahem....

Seriously though Penn State may be a spoiler. Chambers is recruiting really well and has a great class coming up. Hoping for NITs this year but could annoy some teams.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#3 » by Kolkmania » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:08 pm

bleu wrote:Who do you think are the most underrated teams that will turn some heads this season?

Just a few that come to mind for me:

San Diego State - I'm a big mid-major guy. I love watching the underdogs. San Diego State is going to cause some problems for the big boys this year. They're always one of the top mid-majors, but I expect them to spend quite a bit of time in the top 25 this season, and to win a crazy number of games. Malik Pope is a monster, and he is in for a big season.

Maryland - Seems weird that Maryland is underrated. But in the pre-season AP poll they were ranked #25, and they should be much higher. They lost a lot of guys last year, but they are also a deep team who will fill in those spots quickly. Melo Trimble returns, and he is looking to boost his draft stock. I expect him to be in the running for B1G player of the year.

I will add a few more later, but let me hear some of you guys' teams.

Malik Pope 2 DNP's, injured again?
shakejunt
Junior
And1: 50

Post#4 » by shakejunt » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:57 am

Saint mary's
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#5 » by shawn_hemp » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:56 am

Minnesota
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:48 am

N.C. State
JimmyButler21
Starter
And1: 1,569

Post#7 » by JimmyButler21 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:33 am

Middle Tennessee State is the best mid-major in college basketball sans Gonzaga. Reggie Upshaw Jr., Giddy Potts, JaCorey Williams are going to be fun to watch in March.

Return to NCAA Basketball