Post#1 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 1, 2016 3:48 pm

Trap game...

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: 2016 Week 9 - in the City of Champions 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 1, 2016 3:53 pm

As of today, Cowboys are number 1 seed and everything would have to run through big D !!
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 1, 2016 3:56 pm

Yep. And the last time the Cowboys were the #1 seed... 2007. We both know how that worked out.

#KeepChoppingWood
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Nov 4, 2016 1:30 am

Trap game Huh, lol. I think we go to Cleveland and take care of business. then we will find out what we need on defense when we play the Steelers the following weeks. Bell, Rothleisburger and brown will expose all of our weakness in that game.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#5 » by Mr B » Sat Nov 5, 2016 12:25 am

This definitely has all the makings of a trap game. Cowboys riding high after a big win, Browns with nothing to lose, and Cowboys wearing Blue jerseys. Plus the Cowboys have always laid an egg against and inferior foe (when they've been good). History tells us this will be a loss.

What makes me think they will win is the fact that Dak struggled against the Eagles, so did the OL. At least for 3 quarters they did. Because of that I think they come out fired up. Dak has already been saying that he's focusing on his mechanics this week. Also I think Zeke has a legit chance to hit 200 yards in this game.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Nov 5, 2016 2:10 pm

Mr B wrote:This definitely has all the makings of a trap game. Cowboys riding high after a big win, Browns with nothing to lose, and Cowboys wearing Blue jerseys. Plus the Cowboys have always laid an egg against and inferior foe (when they've been good). History tells us this will be a loss.

What makes me think they will win is the fact that Dak struggled against the Eagles, so did the OL. At least for 3 quarters they did. Because of that I think they come out fired up. Dak has already been saying that he's focusing on his mechanics this week. Also I think Zeke has a legit chance to hit 200 yards in this game.

Worst run defense in the league (Browns) and it isn't close. The game plan should be really simple. Pound the rock and pound it all afternoon. If they don't have 40 carries Sunday...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 5, 2016 2:11 pm

Finally, we get to wear our blue jerseys this year! However, the navy road jersey' we have worn since 1981, we've done quite well with them over the years. We never beat Cleveland in our old, original royal blue jerseys which were my favorite and best road jerseys we ever had. That's where I got my screen name from. In all honesty, we seemed to have a hard time when we had to wear our original royal blue jersey uniforms, but you still can't argue with the over all success we had from 1966 to 1981 when having them as our road uniforms. The very last game we wore those jerseys was the 1981 NFC Championship vs, the Egals. Haven't seen them since. We have worn our very original throwbacks a few times over the years, but I hate them and never liked them. But I have noticed the new updated throwbacks we wear once in a while are actually white and navy instead of the white and royal blue which were our very original uniforms we wore between 1960 and 1964.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#8 » by Mr B » Sat Nov 5, 2016 4:20 pm

Thanksgiving will be the only other time that we will be wearing the blue jerseys this year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 5, 2016 5:17 pm

I'm in the Cowboy minority on this one. I'm probably one of the few Cowboy fans that would want to play in our dark jerseys at home, preferably the ones we wore between 1964 -1981 that are the exact opposite of the white jerseys we still wear today.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mr B » Sat Nov 5, 2016 7:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm in the Cowboy minority on this one. I'm probably one of the few Cowboy fans that would want to play in our dark jerseys at home, preferably the ones we wore between 1964 -1981 that are the exact opposite of the white jerseys we still wear today.

I love the look of the blue jerseys but it seems that more often than not the end up losing when wearing them.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 6, 2016 6:04 pm

I wonder now that Cleveland kept Hayden and traded for Collins from New England this week, if they will be a pain in the ass for our offense.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Nov 6, 2016 9:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I wonder now that Cleveland kept Hayden and traded for Collins from New England this week, if they will be a pain in the ass for our offense.

Guess not. Collins sure couldn't cover Witten.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 7, 2016 5:38 am

Nevertheless, its off to Pittsburgh.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:13 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm in the Cowboy minority on this one. I'm probably one of the few Cowboy fans that would want to play in our dark jerseys at home, preferably the ones we wore between 1964 -1981 that are the exact opposite of the white jerseys we still wear today.

I love the look of the blue jerseys but it seems that more often than not the end up losing when wearing them.

Well, we are 2-0 in our blue jerseys so far this year. Except for a few injuries, the Cowboy ship has no leaks in it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:19 pm

I guess this is the perfect thread for this one. I see the NFL network is doing a piece on the real America's Team I believe this upcoming Wednesday. Hopefully all those haters and non believers in the general board will tune in and learn something.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mr B » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:21 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I guess this is the perfect thread for this one. I see the NFL network is do a piece on the real America's Team I believe this upcoming Wednesday. Hopefully all those haters and non believers in the general board will tune in and learn something.

Yea I posted on the board that it is coming in Wednesday, in case they all want to see it. Lol
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:38 pm

O.k., lol. I've decided to stay in here. Can't enjoy talking Cowboys in the general forum. Funny, isn't it? Can't talk Cowboy football in the general forum without all those haters getting upset. Didn't realize it till just a few weeks ago. For two years when we were not doing so well, they kept their feeling hidden. Soon as we have success, the true colors of those haters take flight. At least in here I can be joyous without being call a homer, or going over board with excitement and attacked at every angle. After almost 2.5 years at this site, I can finally see why the football sites don't grow. The Packer site does well in here however. Every other site I used to belong to, the Cowboys forum was always one of the biggest rooms if not the biggest with activity and posters. I wish it was extremely infested with Cowboy poster in here so I won't have to stray to the general board ever again. I'm thinking about checking out something you posted me a few days ago.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#18 » by Mr B » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:47 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:O.k., lol. I've decided to stay in here. Can't enjoy talking Cowboys in the general forum. Funny, isn't it? Can't talk Cowboy football in the general forum without all those haters getting upset. Didn't realize it till just a few weeks ago. For two years when we were not doing so well, they kept their feeling hidden. Soon as we have success, the true colors of those haters take flight. At least in here I can be joyous without being call a homer, or going over board with excitement and attacked at every angle. After almost 2.5 years at this site, I can finally see why the football sites don't grow. The Packer site does well in here however. Every other site I used to belong to, the Cowboys forum was always one of the biggest rooms if not the biggest with activity and posters. I wish it was extremely infested with Cowboy poster in here so I won't have to stray to the general board ever again. I'm thinking about checking out something you posted me a few days ago.

Cowboys Zone is another board that has heavy traffic from what I hear. I've never posted there though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:O.k., lol. I've decided to stay in here. Can't enjoy talking Cowboys in the general forum. Funny, isn't it? Can't talk Cowboy football in the general forum without all those haters getting upset. Didn't realize it till just a few weeks ago. For two years when we were not doing so well, they kept their feeling hidden. Soon as we have success, the true colors of those haters take flight. At least in here I can be joyous without being call a homer, or going over board with excitement and attacked at every angle. After almost 2.5 years at this site, I can finally see why the football sites don't grow. The Packer site does well in here however. Every other site I used to belong to, the Cowboys forum was always one of the biggest rooms if not the biggest with activity and posters. I wish it was extremely infested with Cowboy poster in here so I won't have to stray to the general board ever again. I'm thinking about checking out something you posted me a few days ago.

Cowboys Zone is another board that has heavy traffic from what I hear. I've never posted there though.

Wow, your right. Heavy traffic is an under statement. I would never have to leave the Cowboy forum. Just what I'm looking for, thank you.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#20 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:36 pm

No problem. I hear they don't take too kindly to criticism of the team though. Just fyi

Return to Dallas Cowboys