Image ImageImage Image

OT: The next President of the United States: ★★★ Donald Trump ★★★

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Who are you voting for?

Trump
22%
Hillary
50%
Jill Stein
9%
Gary Johnson
4%
Other
5%
Not Voting
11%

Total votes: 82

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: OT: The next President of the United States: ★★★ Donald Trump ★★★ 

Post#1861 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:23 am

Susan wrote:

Well, considering some of these things are mentioned in his document outlining his first 100 days in office, yes.

Well, only build the wall, or actually the document states he will "introduce legislation to Congress to fund and begin construction of a wall on the southern border"

Other than that, there is no mention of any of those other things in there.

the only thing that comes close is this and I actually have zero problem with it....
* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

the deportation thing reads like this...
* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

I also have no problem whatsoever with this. Notice only CRIMINAL ILLEGALS are mentioned.

My biggest problem with his 100 day contract is his eagerness to remove some regulations when it comes to coal and fracking. MountainTop Removal should be stopped immediately, IMO. Immediately. Same with much of the fracking going on. Christ, we're having F'ing big ass earthquakes in places like OK and who knows if it has something to do with all this fracking. All I know is it scares the hell out of me. We need to learn more about what's going on down there and the consequences.

Trump's renegade stance on environmental issues like these are the things people should be more concerned with. Not some lewd comments he made and all the Bill Clintonesque accusations. The guy's a creep and that is one thing. Let's not let him F up the environment. He did once say he believed climate change is a hoax put on by the Chinese. I'm all for getting rid of a lot of unnecessary regulations especially outdated and defunct ones still in place of which there are many. But Trump speaks like he wants a blanket removal of ANY regulations and THAT scares me.

These things are huge to me. Other than the above I kind of like the rest of what he lists in his 100 day contract. Surprisingly, no stop and frisk or anything like that in there. Obviously, the above things alone are reason enough to be afraid of him.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#1862 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:34 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Susan wrote:

Well, considering some of these things are mentioned in his document outlining his first 100 days in office, yes.

Well, only build the wall, or actually the document states he will "introduce legislation to Congress to fund and begin construction of a wall on the southern border"

the only thing that comes close is this and I actually have zero problem with it....
* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

I also have no problem whatsoever with this. Notice only CRIMINAL ILLEGALS are mentioned.

My biggest problem with his 100 day contract is his eagerness to remove some regulations when it comes to coal and fracking. MountainTop Removal should be stopped immediately, IMO. Immediately. Same with much of the fracking going on. Christ, we're having F'ing big ass earthquakes in places like OK and who knows if it has something to do with all this fracking. All I know is it scares the hell out of me. We need to learn more about what's going on down there and the consequences.

Trump's renegade stance on environmental issues like these are the things people should be more concerned with. Not some lewd comments he made and all the Bill Clintonesque accusations. The guy's a creep and that is one thing. Let's not let him F up the environment. He did once say he believed climate change is a hoax put on by the Chinese. I'm all for getting rid of a lot of unnecessary regulations especially outdated and defunct ones still in place of which there are many. But Trump speaks like he wants a blanket removal of ANY regulations and THAT scares me.

These things are huge to me. Other than the above I kind of like the rest of what he lists in his 100 day contract. Surprisingly, no stop and frisk or anything like that in there. Obviously, the above things alone are reason enough to be afraid of him.

Yeah, I'm definitely concerned about his stance on Climate Change being a hoax.

But still also concerned about the people he has or will surround himself with that will want to take civil liberties away from minorities. Pence for example is very anti-LGBT.

I guess we will see what happens.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: RE: Re: OT: The next President of the United States: ★★★ Donald Trump ★★★ 

Post#1863 » by kyrv » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:44 am

RedBulls83 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
Susan wrote:

But still also concerned about the people he has or will surround himself with that will want to take civil liberties away from minorities. Pence for example is very anti-LGBT.

The climate change thing is a big concern for sure. Pence's job should be done, but who he has around him is another huge concern. He has much bigger fish to fry than worrying about gay marriage.

And as JV said, fracking we need to find out more about. Some scary anecdotal stuff.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: RE: Re: OT: The next President of the United States: ★★★ Donald Trump ★★★ 

Post#1864 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:58 am

kyrv wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

The climate change thing is a big concern for sure. Pence's job should be done, but who he has around him is another huge concern. He has much bigger fish to fry than worrying about gay marriage.

And as JV said, fracking we need to find out more about. Some scary anecdotal stuff.

Their were bigger issues back during the Bush presidency yet the far right was life concerned about gay marriage. You just never know.

Also who he appoints to supreme Court will be an issue. Having majority support of congress, he might get no push back if it's a awful choice.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#1865 » by kingkirk » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:13 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Good enough. I was wrong to criticize them. Stay peaceful and speak your mind all night long then.

I understand why so many don't want to wait. Are people afraid that Trump is going to start signing executive orders on inauguration day to take away civil rights, hunt down and deport 15 million illegal aliens, build a wall, take health insurance away from 20 million people, ban gay marriage, abortion and start bombing countries he doesn't like. It doesn't work that way and there would be a revolution if he tried.

It's cool to say all these thing won't happen, but the man just won an election spouting off all those things you just mentioned. And you wonder why people were protesting? You just listed it!

They're protesting because your country is not united. It's the Divided States of America, and people are appalled that a man that said so much vicious ****, the stuff you listed, which targets so many minority groups, was able to become the most powerful man in the world.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#1866 » by TimRobbins » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:47 am

It's very easy to blame Hillary's loss on "racism" and "misogyny". IT's very easy not to take any responsibility. It's a lot more difficult to do some introspection and realize Hillary was a terrible candidate. The US isn't a monarchy and there's a reason we have term limits. You do not get to bypass term limit by having your spouse run for presidency.

It's also very easy to say "let's not deport anybody" and somehow say deporting illegal immigrants is "racist". But what about the thousands of communities these immigrants decimated? What about the Millions of unemployed we have here? Who speaks for them? The reality is that this country can only produce a finite amount of unskilled jobs. When you allow millions of unskilled workers into an economy that cannot supply enough jobs, you're going to have a bunch of unemployed and very frustrated people. When you don't have enough jobs, you need to first take care of the native population. With all the sympathy I have to illegal immigrants (who are decent people who just want to better their lives), if deporting them means less unemployment for natives, it HAS to be done. Yes, it's going to be difficult, but my sympathies go to those who are hopelessly unemployed before those who came in illegally.

Being righteous and politically correct at the expense of others is always easy. Making the difficult decisions is hard.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#1867 » by musiqsoulchild » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:53 am

If you somehow think that Democrats lost, then you are not reading this election result correctly.

Progress lost. Thats the real loser. And USA lost yesterday. The clock has turned back by about 70 years.
For love, not money.
The 6ft Hurdle
Lead Assistant
And1: 493

Post#1868 » by The 6ft Hurdle » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:08 am

TimRobbins wrote:It's very easy to blame Hillary's loss on "racism" and "misogyny". IT's very easy not to take any responsibility. It's a lot more difficult to do some introspection and realize Hillary was a terrible candidate. The US isn't a monarchy and there's a reason we have term limits. You do not get to bypass term limit by having your spouse run for presidency.

It's also very easy to say "let's not deport anybody" and somehow say deporting illegal immigrants is "racist". But what about the thousands of communities these immigrants decimated? What about the Millions of unemployed we have here? Who speaks for them? The reality is that this country can only produce a finite amount of unskilled jobs. When you allow millions of unskilled workers into an economy that cannot supply enough jobs, you're going to have a bunch of unemployed and very frustrated people. When you don't have enough jobs, you need to first take care of the native population. With all the sympathy I have to illegal immigrants (who are decent people who just want to better their lives), if deporting them means less unemployment for natives, it HAS to be done. Yes, it's going to be difficult, but my sympathies go to those who are hopelessly unemployed before those who came in illegally.

Being righteous and politically correct at the expense of others is always easy. Making the difficult decisions is hard.

The sad thing is if it was the 'urban' unemployed you were talking about, people would just tell them to get more skills or to not go to college for a useless degree.
TLDR: Current Pulse Readings (9/2/22)
Bulls: :pray:
UCLA Basketball: :dontknow:
UCLA Football: Chip Kelly magic time
Cubs: Uh, 2016
Blackhawks: Uh, 2015
Bears: Poor Justin Fields
FC Barcelona: Economic levers :dontknow: :cheesygrin:
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#1869 » by TimRobbins » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:24 am

The 6ft Hurdle wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:It's very easy to blame Hillary's loss on "racism" and "misogyny". IT's very easy not to take any responsibility. It's a lot more difficult to do some introspection and realize Hillary was a terrible candidate. The US isn't a monarchy and there's a reason we have term limits. You do not get to bypass term limit by having your spouse run for presidency.

The sad thing is if it was the 'urban' unemployed you were talking about, people would just tell them to get more skills or to not go to college for a useless degree.

I am talking about all the unskilled unemployed people in this country. Both Urban and Rural. Illegal immigration has destroyed all of these people. White, Black, Latino or whatever. Anybody who doesn't have skills is getting royally screwed and lets not pretend this isn't a planned policy. The people at the top get cheap labor while the people at the bottom remain jobless, hopeless and are reduced to drugs and violence.

That's Hillary Clinton's America. Talking big about "human rights" and "ideals" while her only ideal is to enrich herself (and her friends) at the expense of the people in the bottom.

And yeah, after she leaves them unemployed with no possible prospect of finding a decently paying job, she throws foodstamps at them and calls herself a "champion" of the people.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1870 » by GimmeDat » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:27 am

On one end, there's the story of the Trump supporters attacking that Muslim, on the other end, there's this -

(going to put it in spoilers, basically a older Trump supporter being beat up)

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

:nonono:

Scary the amount of division right now.
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#1871 » by TimRobbins » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:28 am

musiqsoulchild wrote:If you somehow think that Democrats lost, then you are not reading this election result correctly.

Progress lost. Thats the real loser. And USA lost yesterday. The clock has turned back by about 70 years.

The only person who lost yesterday was Hillary Clinton (and her pack of cronies). Let's not make this anything dramatic.

Progress is fine. Nothing material will change, other than the fact we'll have fewer laws that enrich the corporate sector.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#1872 » by SHO'NUFF » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:32 am

TimRobbins wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:If you somehow think that Democrats lost, then you are not reading this election result correctly.

The only person who lost yesterday was Hillary Clinton (and her pack of cronies). Let's not make this anything dramatic.

Progress is fine. Nothing material will change, other than the fact we'll have fewer laws that enrich the corporate sector.

This is no doubt a win for America. The clock hasn't turned back 70 years. This is a proud moment to be an American. This is when change officially starts. Yes i really believe that.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,303

Post#1873 » by coldfish » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:36 am

TheSuzerain wrote:The problem I have with the "Well, the percentage of white's is the same as Romney!" notion, is that Romney was a very qualified Governor, who by all accounts was a great person (Mormon). There were reasons to vote for that guy.

It should be rather alarming and/or telling that the white vote pretty broke the same way despite the seismic difference in candidate quality and character.

There was a lot of talk of the supposed "moderate" right that couldn't stomach voting for Trump. Obviously that was bull.

And don't even get me started on the Evangelicals...

What is funny is that Romney lost with that percentage. If you look at the numbers, Trump actually did better with minorities than Romney. Beyond that, the candidate quality between 2012 and 2016 for the democrats was also "seismic". Democrats don't want to hear this but apparently Hillary was driving away people even faster than Trump was.

Democrats have their heads in the sand on the racism thing. That's all they want to see. This election had a race based component, but that isn't what flipped it. As I have been saying, what flipped this election was a number of democratic strongholds that strongly went for Obama (meaning they aren't racist) switching to go for Trump. It was largely economic based.

Instead of having a discussion about the real why's and policy directions, we have this constant discussion about racism that had virtually nothing to do with the outcome of the election.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,756

Post#1874 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:51 am

Nonsense. USA did not lose because Trump won, this is rhetorical bull dookie. America was losing long before Trump even considered running. America is losing because of the utter crap of candidates this country had to vote on since the 2000 began (Bush/Gore, Kerry, HRC, Obama, Romney, Trump) have been pure crap.What's happening now has been building up for a long time and it started during this current regime (and even before then). This is a knee jerk reaction just like the rest of America has been going through. Trump is an idiot, and I did not want him in the office, but that was because he was bored billionaire who wanted to try something new. Progress lost a long time ago.

I remember being told to sit down, shut up and color when Barack was taking office. They told the other side of the aisle to give the man a chance before you speak out. I don't give a crap what the idiot said on the campaign (politicians says things on the campaign that sometimes never gets done once elected), it is what he is going to do once in the office that I will be watching. If he screws up then I will join the cause but until then, I am not joining the idiots who think America lost when Trump won.
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#1875 » by TimRobbins » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:00 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:hunt down and deport 15 million illegal aliens, build a wall,

You mean try to enforce the law and help the most desperate people in this country? Yeah, I fully expect and hope he'll make an effort to deport unskilled immigrants. That's something that needs to be done.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,756

Post#1876 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:01 pm

The reality is that had Dems cut ties on Hilary instead of keeping a stupid promise made 8 years ago, and put there force behind Bernie Sanders, there is a great chance that Bernie whips the floor with Trump and democrats keep the White House. So stop blaming Trump for the incompetency of the Democrats. The election was in the Dems hands and they drop the ball.
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#1877 » by TimRobbins » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:The reality is that had Dems cut ties on Hilary instead of keeping a stupid promise made 8 years ago, and put there force behind Bernie Sanders, there is a great chance that Bernie whips the floor with Trump and democrats keep the White House. So stop blaming Trump for the incompetency of the Democrats. The election was in the Dems hands and they drop the ball.

Why not Elizabeth Warren? If you want a woman, that's the one to take.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,220

Post#1878 » by Red8911 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:10 pm

All these protests were bound to happen no matter the result. If let's say Hillary won, trump supporters would do the same if not worse.America is clearly divided on this. These hillary supporters though need to come to terms that trump is the president and they can't do anything about it just wasting their time. Also I'm hearing such ridiculous things about how people are "scared" of trump. There's no reason anyone should be scared,America needs to wake up and stop being ignorant.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#1879 » by musiqsoulchild » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:24 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:

Nonsense. USA did not lose because Trump won, this is rhetorical bull dookie. America was losing long before Trump even considered running. America is losing because of the utter crap of candidates this country had to vote on since the 2000 began (Bush/Gore, Kerry, HRC, Obama, Romney, Trump) have been pure crap.What's happening now has been building up for a long time and it started during this current regime (and even before then). This is a knee jerk reaction just like the rest of America has been going through. Trump is an idiot, and I did not want him in the office, but that was because he was bored billionaire who wanted to try something new. Progress lost a long time ago.

I remember being told to sit down, shut up and color when Barack was taking office. They told the other side of the aisle to give the man a chance before you speak out. I don't give a crap what the idiot said on the campaign (politicians says things on the campaign that sometimes never gets done once elected), it is what he is going to do once in the office that I will be watching. If he screws up then I will join the cause but until then, I am not joining the idiots who think America lost when Trump won.

Not "when" but how.

How he went about with his campaign is the real loss for USA.
For love, not money.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#1880 » by musiqsoulchild » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:27 pm

coldfish wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:The problem I have with the "Well, the percentage of white's is the same as Romney!" notion, is that Romney was a very qualified Governor, who by all accounts was a great person (Mormon). There were reasons to vote for that guy.

It should be rather alarming and/or telling that the white vote pretty broke the same way despite the seismic difference in candidate quality and character.

There was a lot of talk of the supposed "moderate" right that couldn't stomach voting for Trump. Obviously that was bull.

And don't even get me started on the Evangelicals...

What is funny is that Romney lost with that percentage. If you look at the numbers, Trump actually did better with minorities than Romney. Beyond that, the candidate quality between 2012 and 2016 for the democrats was also "seismic". Democrats don't want to hear this but apparently Hillary was driving away people even faster than Trump was.

Democrats have their heads in the sand on the racism thing. That's all they want to see. This election had a race based component, but that isn't what flipped it. As I have been saying, what flipped this election was a number of democratic strongholds that strongly went for Obama (meaning they aren't racist) switching to go for Trump. It was largely economic based.

Instead of having a discussion about the real why's and policy directions, we have this constant discussion about racism that had virtually nothing to do with the outcome of the election.

The policy direction that Trump is promising is inherently anti-immigrant and anti-minority.

Systemic racism is also racism.
For love, not money.

Return to Chicago Bulls