ImageImageImageImage

options to replace romo?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

Re: options to replace romo? 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:15 am

Being seeing more talk about a possible trade again. i can't see it this season at all. But if there is, I hope we get a first round draft choice out of the deal. 2 first rounders in the upcoming draft would also be nice. And you all know what I want to do with that, lol.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#22 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:39 am

It can't happen this year even if they wanted to. The trade deadline has passed. It will definitely be before the draft. The main teams possibly interested are Broncos, Cardinals, Jets, and Bears.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#23 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:26 pm

Mr B wrote:It can't happen this year even if they wanted to. The trade deadline has passed. It will definitely be before the draft. The main teams possibly interested are Broncos, Cardinals, Jets, and Bears.

Out of those choices... I almost have to believe the Broncos would be at the top although you wonder what Elway is thinking regarding his team. I'm not sure that's a button he wants to push.

Cardinals make a ton of sense. They have weapons and a crying need for a play making QB. Palmer is clearly not viable anymore. Only drawback there is playing the Seahawks twice a year and we have seen how brutal those games are. Can Tony make it 16 games?

Jets have a need at QB but do they have a handle for what they have in Hackenburg and Petty (as I posted in another thread - there is no way in hell Fitzpatrick is back there next season)? Bears just need to blow that damn thing up on offense.

I lean Cardinals.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:11 pm

I totally agree with Otis. Its Denver or Arizona. No way in hell he goes to a half ass or rebuilding team.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:08 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:It can't happen this year even if they wanted to. The trade deadline has passed. It will definitely be before the draft. The main teams possibly interested are Broncos, Cardinals, Jets, and Bears.

Out of those choices... I almost have to believe the Broncos would be at the top although you wonder what Elway is thinking regarding his team. I'm not sure that's a button he wants to push.

Cardinals make a ton of sense. They have weapons and a crying need for a play making QB. Palmer is clearly not viable anymore. Only drawback there is playing the Seahawks twice a year and we have seen how brutal those games are. Can Tony make it 16 games?

Jets have a need at QB but do they have a handle for what they have in Hackenburg and Petty (as I posted in another thread - there is no way in hell Fitzpatrick is back there next season)? Bears just need to blow that damn thing up on offense.

I lean Cardinals.

After thinking about it a little more, and I'm not sure of his contact, but I think the perfect place for Romo to go is Kansas City when you really think about it.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#26 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:34 am

I think Andy Reid has the guys he likes at QB.

If the teams I mentioned I definitely think Denver is the best option. More so for Tony. Their 1st will be a low 1st so that's what I would expect (on the high end) for Romo. I also would ask for Trevor Simien.

The Cards are a good option too. It is a very tough division but so is the AFC West. Fitzgerald would LOVE Romo. They also have a good enough defense to compete for a title. From the Cardinals I would be looking at getting their 2nd round pick for Romo.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:42 am

I can't see Romo going to the Bears or Jets. He would last a half season with the beating he would get behind those lines. Been hearing some talk about the possibility of Houston. That would make sense when you think about it. I guess they don't like Osweiller much, lol.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#28 » by Mr B » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:43 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I can't see Romo going to the Bears or Jets. He would last a half season with the beating he would get behind those lines. Been hearing some talk about the possibility of Houston. That would make sense when you think about it. I guess they don't like Osweiller much, lol.

I don't think there is anyway they could afford both Osweiler and Romo. Osweiler is in the 1st year of his contract and I'm pretty sure the cap hit for cutting him would be too huge to absorb Romo's contract. Another team I've been hearing though is Kansas City. Romo would be an upgrade over Alex Smith. They also have a good cheap backup in Foles. They have weapons for Romo to throw too and have a solid OL. Romo for their 1st would work for me. The Cowboys would still need to find a backup for Dak though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:58 pm

I just can't see Romo going to some of the places being mentioned in the general forum.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I just can't see Romo going to some of the places being mentioned in the general forum.

I sure as hell don't see CHI, NYJ... or DEN. He would be an absolute upgrade in KC or ARI on teams that are close to winning right now.

And - I still won't dismiss him staying here. I know it sounds crazy and I know it doesn't make sense and I know Jerry does things none of us agree with which is why I won't dismiss it.

Not until Romo's gone.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:15 pm

I am in exact agreement with you on this one !
Mr B
RealGM

Post#32 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:45 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I just can't see Romo going to some of the places being mentioned in the general forum.

I sure as hell don't see CHI, NYJ... or DEN. He would be an absolute upgrade in KC or ARI on teams that are close to winning right now.

And - I still won't dismiss him staying here. I know it sounds crazy and I know it doesn't make sense and I know Jerry does things none of us agree with which is why I won't dismiss it.

Not until Romo's gone.

He would have to take a HUGE paycut. You can't have your backup QB making $20 mil a year. He would literally have to take at very least a $15 mil paycut to stay in Dallas. And even $5 mil a year would be a bit much for a backup QB. It's possible but not likely. I think there is a greater chance he retires than remaining in Dallas as the backup.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 pm

Mr B wrote:I think Andy Reid has the guys he likes at QB.

If the teams I mentioned I definitely think Denver is the best option. More so for Tony. Their 1st will be a low 1st so that's what I would expect (on the high end) for Romo. I also would ask for Trevor Simien.

The Cards are a good option too. It is a very tough division but so is the AFC West. Fitzgerald would LOVE Romo. They also have a good enough defense to compete for a title. From the Cardinals I would be looking at getting their 2nd round pick for Romo.

3 defensive picks in the first 2 rounds, huuummmm. I see where you are going here. I like it.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#34 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:37 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I think Andy Reid has the guys he likes at QB.

3 defensive picks in the first 2 rounds, huuummmm. I see where you are going here. I like it.

Not only 3 defensive picks in the 1st two rounds but they will also be adding Jaylon Smith. Who according to Gil Brandt, the nerve in his knee has started firing. He won't see the field this year but he should be ready for training camp next year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:33 pm

All I know after yesterday, and I also mentioned way back when we signed him, I HOPE IT ISN'T MARK SANCHEZ.
jackwindham
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Post#36 » by jackwindham » Wed Jan 4, 2017 9:30 am

If Romo ends up with limited options, then he might not have much of a choice but to play behind those sub par offensive lines. Also, there is a chance that those teams could use the draft and free agency to solidify their blocking since they know that Romo can fill their quarterback void for a season or two.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 4, 2017 11:28 pm

If I'm Romo I strongly suggest to my new team that they target Ronald Leary in FA.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 5, 2017 12:53 am

jackwindham wrote:If Romo ends up with limited options, then he might not have much of a choice but to play behind those sub par offensive lines. Also, there is a chance that those teams could use the draft and free agency to solidify their blocking since they know that Romo can fill their quarterback void for a season or two.

If he ends up with "limited options" then that's all the more reason to just stay here in Dallas and be this generation's Don Strock.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#39 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Been hearing more chatter about Buffalo being real interested in Romo. I posted it in the general board just for thought for the others. However, I can't see Romo going their. I don't see that as a good situation for him for starters.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#40 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:21 pm

I just don't see Romo wanting to go play in cold weather. Denver would be the only exception and I'm. It sure Denver is even interested anymore, if they ever were.

Return to Dallas Cowboys