ImageImageImageImage

2016 Week 11/12 - The Dreaded Short Turnaround Week

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#1 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:34 pm

I've always laughed when I heard "the Cowboys have an advantage playing Thanksgiving because they get the long layoff..." argument. Until the advent of TNF, this was my perceived disadvantage. Essentially installing two game plans in the same interval as one week always seemed to be a hell of a challenge for the team.

Good news is this team doesn't seem to care. I just hope we get Scandrick back for the Rat Birds. Even Flacco can throw on McFadden.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,271

Re: 2016 Week 11/12 - The Dreaded Short Turnaround Week 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:25 pm

You have no idea how bad I want this one. The only team in the NFL we have never beaten. Lets get it over and then have a wonderful Thanksgiving whipping up on the Foreskins, lol.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:03 pm

And - I keep reading up on fools who are still absolutely convinced the Cowboys cannot get to the promised land this season unless Tony Romo is reinstalled as the starting quarterback of this team. It amazes me that some people just prefer being Romo fans instead of Cowboy fans.

That ship has sailed.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:You have no idea how bad I want this one. The only team in the NFL we have never beaten. Lets get it over and then have a wonderful Thanksgiving whipping up on the Foreskins, lol.

I really want to beat the Rat Birds.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:18 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:And - I keep reading up on fools who are still absolutely convinced the Cowboys cannot get to the promised land this season unless Tony Romo is reinstalled as the starting quarterback of this team. It amazes me that some people just prefer being Romo fans instead of Cowboy fans.

That ship has sailed.

That's my backup Quarterback your talking about, (crying). :lol:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:29 pm

Well - just listened to Romo's comments.

Damn. You can tell how disappointed he is. And there was a point where you could actually sense he might just retire right there.

But he has Dak's back. That is clear.

Hell of a statement.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:21 pm

Only one thing left to do now.

Let's go win the whole damn thing!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:13 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Only one thing left to do now.

Let's go win the whole damn thing!

That would be the absolute best scenario as we move on from the Romo era finally.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:17 pm

For some strange reason, I feel we are gonna throw the ball down field a lot more this week. I believe that's where we will have most success this week. Get an early lead, rest Elliot some and use Morris so he is ready for turkey day. Of course I'll be happy with any victory as long as we stay healthy.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:45 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You have no idea how bad I want this one. The only team in the NFL we have never beaten. Lets get it over and then have a wonderful Thanksgiving whipping up on the Foreskins, lol.

I really want to beat the Rat Birds.

I can't explain it. I've been so confident all year and haven't been nervous about any game yet this year. For the first time this season, I'm nervous about this one.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:00 am

So now that we took care of our business today, do we want the Redskins coming in on turkey day on a win or loss?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,010

Post#12 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:03 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:And - I keep reading up on fools who are still absolutely convinced the Cowboys cannot get to the promised land this season unless Tony Romo is reinstalled as the starting quarterback of this team. It amazes me that some people just prefer being Romo fans instead of Cowboy fans.

That ship has sailed.

Yea I post on another board too and that's all they talk about. They even go so far as to say that they hope Romo goes to another team and crushes the Cowboys in the Super Bowl. I suggested they should change the name of their forum because it's clearly not a Cowboys forum. I like Romo as much as the next guy but he's not bigger than the team. No player is bigger than the Cowboys.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#13 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:05 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:So now that we took care of our business today, do we want the Redskins coming in on turkey day on a win or loss?

I'm glad they're coming in off a win. They would be more dangerous if they had lost. Although it might not matter because I know they don't want to get swept by the Cowboys.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:35 pm

Redskins have the type of team and are built to do what we do to others. Run the ball and control the clock. If they do that, we could be had. And you know as well as I, that these Cowboy-Redskin games never go the way we expect them to. Will be interesting though. Interested to see how they adjust to us since the first game and I want to see how we react to those adjustments. It will say a lot about the growth of this team and especially Prescott on how he handles a team, the second time around.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:38 pm

Mr B wrote:

That ship has sailed.

Yea I post on another board too and that's all they talk about. They even go so far as to say that they hope Romo goes to another team and crushes the Cowboys in the Super Bowl. I suggested they should change the name of their forum because it's clearly not a Cowboys forum. I like Romo as much as the next guy but he's not bigger than the team. No player is bigger than the Cowboys.

Lucky you. I just wish I could find a football forum that has an active Cowboy board. I'm starting to dislike it here.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

That ship has sailed.

Lucky you. I just wish I could find a football forum that has an active Cowboy board. I'm starting to dislike it here.

I post from the Talkatap app and was able to find a couple lively boards. Not sure what the rules are here about mentioning other boards.

Screw it, I Pro Sports Daily is the board that's pro Romo. Dallas Cowboys Universe is the exact opposite and usually a little more negative. They hate when I label them that way. Lol. I think you would enjoy both. I post in both of them there and still post here too obviously so hopefully no mods get all butt hurt for me mentioning other boards.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#17 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:31 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Redskins have the type of team and are built to do what we do to others. Run the ball and control the clock. If they do that, we could be had. And you know as well as I, that these Cowboy-Redskin games never go the way we expect them to. Will be interesting though. Interested to see how they adjust to us since the first game and I want to see how we react to those adjustments. It will say a lot about the growth of this team and especially Prescott on how he handles a team, the second time around.

I think it was Michael Lombardi that was saying at this point in the season Dak has seem pretty much every type of defense he's going to see. As he starts to see them the second time around he should continue to get better because. Is he knows what to expect, he's seen it before.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:55 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I post from the Talkatap app and was able to find a couple lively boards. Not sure what the rules are here about mentioning other boards.

Screw it, I Pro Sports Daily is the board that's pro Romo. Dallas Cowboys Universe is the exact opposite and usually a little more negative. They hate when I label them that way. Lol. I think you would enjoy both. I post in both of them there and still post here too obviously so hopefully no mods get all butt hurt for me mentioning other boards.

I just want to be at a forum where I can be happy talking about our Cowboys. I've tried for over 2 years to build up the Cowboy forum in here so I wouldn't have to be in the general forum so much, if not at all. I didn't realize how much hate there is in here for the Cowboys. You can tell that many of the mods in here don't like the Cowboy success either. You know as well as I, that we didn't expect his from our team this year. Of course I'm happy. To be completely honest, I'm on cloud 9 and totally elated. Its just depressing I can can't share my joy, love and feelings for my team because they are having an incredible year. On one hand you have a mod and a few posters that they appreciate what you bring to the forum, and say keep going. Then on the other hand, you get remarks, "what a homer", or "Oh another Cowboy thread", or "this is turning into a Cowboy board, I'm out of here" and the constant badgering that we live in fantasy land because we are not factually America's Team. When they can't deal with fact and reality it makes me wonder what I am dealing with here or even be worth it to hang around anymore. Anyways, before I say anything else, I problaby should just send you a private message.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Happy thanksgiving to my two favorite poster's, Mr. B. and Otis and your whole families.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:23 pm

I hope we don't allow Washington to run and control the clock. I think that is the only way they can beat us.

Return to Dallas Cowboys