General Week 14 NCAA Football Chatter

Moderator: studcrackers

OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Re: General Week 14 NCAA Football Chatter 

Post#21 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:34 am

Arda K wrote:i am sure they all understand why he left, doesnt mean they should be happy about a losing a good coach. they root for university of houston, not herman family.

I mean to me it's like losing a really good player a year early to the NFL. Selfishly, it sucks that they are leaving, but they are upgrading and getting paid with a better opportunity. Same concept here kinda. Herman is destined for bigger and better. They knew he wasn't going to stick around for years.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#22 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:08 am

UW vs. Colorado
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#23 » by bleu » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:10 am

Cactus Jack wrote:UW vs. Colorado

Really stoked about this one. Should be a very fun, entertaining game.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:13 am

bleu wrote:

Really stoked about this one. Should be a very fun, entertaining game.

My Buddy is traveling to the game. I'm so jealous.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#25 » by bondom34 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:21 am

I'd have laughed so hard if you told me I'd be watching PSU possibly in the playoffs at the start of the season. So so hard.

Also unreal the 2 youngest teams in the country are PSU and OSU.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:08 am

bondom34 wrote:I'd have laughed so hard if you told me I'd be watching PSU possibly in the playoffs at the start of the season. So so hard.

Go into ESPN and read comments from the Pitt and Michigan games lol. Hindsight is 20/20 but it's hilarious how many people were savaging your team and demanding Frankling be fired immediately
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by bondom34 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:14 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I'd have laughed so hard if you told me I'd be watching PSU possibly in the playoffs at the start of the season. So so hard.

Go into ESPN and read comments from the Pitt and Michigan games lol. Hindsight is 20/20 but it's hilarious how many people were savaging your team and demanding Frankling be fired immediately

Oh I remember lol. I post a lot on Black Shoe Diaries (SB Nation's blog), and some there were though not nearly as many as were on other sites. Most of the level headed fans were understanding, but ESPN isn't a bastion of rational fans :lol:. At 2-2 I thought they'd be lucky to get to 7 wins. Now they're 10-2, which preseason even to me would have been beyond my highest hopes.

My hope preseason was 8-9 wins. I think now even a loss and they make the Cotton Bowl.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:27 am

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

Oh I remember lol. I post a lot on Black Shoe Diaries (SB Nation's blog), and some there were though not nearly as many as were on other sites. Most of the level headed fans were understanding, but ESPN isn't a bastion of rational fans :lol:. At 2-2 I thought they'd be lucky to get to 7 wins. Now they're 10-2, which preseason even to me would have been beyond my highest hopes.

My hope preseason was 8-9 wins. I think now even a loss and they make the Cotton Bowl.

Yeah it's pretty surprising, only think about as surprising of how good PSU is how bad MSU is lol. Although I agree ESPN is not a site for the most logical fans, it's entertaining at the very least. Although I can't lie OSU fans can be difficult and have insane expectations. My Buckeyes are #2 in the nation and yet I wish our OC's would be fired right now as do most of the OSU fans in the world haha
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by bondom34 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:31 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

Yeah it's pretty surprising, only think about as surprising of how good PSU is how bad MSU is lol. Although I agree ESPN is not a site for the most logical fans, it's entertaining at the very least. Although I can't lie OSU fans can be difficult and have insane expectations. My Buckeyes are #2 in the nation and yet I wish our OC's would be fired right now as do most of the OSU fans in the world haha

:lol:

Well you won the big one in the end and I think are likely a playoff team. I was worried about MSU all year b/c they're literally never bad, it is so strange seeing them struggle this much. D'Antonio was so ticked after PSU's last few scores, I was kinda loving it after they ran it up last year.

I'd say Notre Dame takes the cake for insane expectations by fans though :lol:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Post#30 » by El Turco » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:43 am

better impress against colorado. after this week washington 0 wins against ranked teams, michigan 3 wins against top ten.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco

Post#31 » by El Turco » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:44 am

too bad there is nobody challenging lamar jackson, he really shat the bed past two weeks.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#32 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:56 am

Arda K wrote:

better impress against colorado. after this week washington 0 wins against ranked teams, michigan 3 wins against top ten.

And in the end it won't matter. Cuz Michigan didn't win their conference with 2 losses.
El Turco

Post#33 » by El Turco » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:10 am

yesterday wasnt a loss for michigan, they proved they are as good as the second best team in the nation. washington hasnt proved anything, they'll be another baylor.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#34 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:29 am

Arda K wrote:yesterday wasnt a loss for michigan, they proved they are as good as the second best team in the nation. washington hasnt proved anything, they'll be another baylor.

Dude, your just making yourself look bad.
El Turco

Post#35 » by El Turco » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:31 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Arda K wrote:yesterday wasnt a loss for michigan, they proved they are as good as the second best team in the nation. washington hasnt proved anything, they'll be another baylor.

and you are not refuting anything i say

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#36 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:35 am

Arda K wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

and you are not refuting anything i say

Why should I? You keep bringing up pointless arguments. To which I have to keep repeating myself. It's old.
El Turco

Post#37 » by El Turco » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:50 am

another way of saying i got nothing. kinda like washington's schedule :)

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#38 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:02 pm

Arda K wrote:another way of saying i got nothing. kinda like washington's schedule :)

Tell that to the committee :roll:
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:18 pm

I think PSU making the playoffs could be terrible for them honestly. After a nice season where they shocked everyone, if they get in it would likely be at #4, which means facing off with Alabama. I do not wish that for PSU. I think they would be better served for a nice Rose Bowl or another big bowl. Being young and unfamiliar with the big stage like this, facing off against arguably Bama's best team ever is just not likely a good outcome for PSU, kind of like MSU last year. It's not even just that PSU's players are young, but their staff has not dealt with games like this. Franklin coached in the SEC sure but not on a stage like this. I just have a feeling it could be another potential blowout.
El Turco

Post#40 » by El Turco » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:26 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:I think PSU making the playoffs could be terrible for them honestly. After a nice season where they shocked everyone, if they get in it would likely be at #4, which means facing off with Alabama. I do not wish that for PSU. I think they would be better served for a nice Rose Bowl or another big bowl. Being young and unfamiliar with the big stage like this, facing off against arguably Bama's best team ever is just not likely a good outcome for PSU, kind of like MSU last year. It's not even just that PSU's players are young, but their staff has not dealt with games like this. Franklin coached in the SEC sure but not on a stage like this. I just have a feeling it could be another potential blowout.

i actually agree with that. i hate michigan as much as anything in life but would like to see their defense and alabama's duking it out.

Return to NCAA Football