ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#441 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 9, 2016 9:33 pm

The one and only program that Trump mentioned last night in his acceptance speech was not about the wall, immigration, or arresting Hillary. It was about a robust infrastructure program ("We're going to do infrastructure") which would make our roads, bridges and railways "state of the art."

I, for one, support this agenda. Obama tried for almost 8 years to get that passed but was thwarted by republicans at every attempt. Let's see if republicans will do the same with Trump.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#442 » by br7knicks » Wed Nov 9, 2016 9:49 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
br7knicks wrote:538 just put trump to win electoral :(

Trump's going to win. The republicans will then have all 3 branches of government PLUS the Supreme Court. We're so ****.

i actually agree. as anti-democrat as i am, i do not like that 1 party is in control of all 3 branches. that is not good, or ok. you said it best. we're so ****.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks

Post#443 » by br7knicks » Wed Nov 9, 2016 9:55 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:The one and only program that Trump mentioned last night in his acceptance speech was not about the wall, immigration, or arresting Hillary. It was about a robust infrastructure program ("We're going to do infrastructure") which would make our roads, bridges and railways "state of the art."

I, for one, support this agenda. Obama tried for almost 8 years to get that passed but was thwarted by republicans at every attempt. Let's see if republicans will do the same with Trump.

and this is what i tried to tell my friends at work who were hillary supporters. i didn't vote for trump (my boy, johnson), but they didn't/couldn't/haven't understood that all of that bull trump was saying (dropping bombs, the wall, immigration, etc) that got people to vote for him is completely irrelevant because he won't be allowed to do it, nor would he.

trump is not dumb, he is quite smart. acting/talking like a racist, radical douchebag got him to where it did, so why would he abandon that game plan? but he certainly is not stupid enough to do any of those asinine things he mentioned over the last year or so. my only hope is that he won't try to make the government bigger or stronger than it already is, like president bush did 16 years ago. o'bama already admitted that obamacare was executed poorly, set this country up to fail, and that's why we're going to see a spike in premiums for our healthcare - something experts, and people a lot smarter than he and his administration predicted would happen. i just hope **** doesn't do anything stupid for the next 4 years.
RIP, magnumt '19

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#444 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:01 am

Anyway to bypass a companies auto block for a website? Im on the computer for like.. 85% of my shift..and get bored and run out of data quick... ANd I work 3rd shift....Thank god Realgm isn't blocked, but another site I use is that shouldn't be...So...anyway to bypass that?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#445 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:09 am

br7knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
br7knicks wrote:538 just put trump to win electoral :(

Trump's going to win. The republicans will then have all 3 branches of government PLUS the Supreme Court. We're so ****.

i actually agree. as anti-democrat as i am, i do not like that 1 party is in control of all 3 branches. that is not good, or ok. you said it best. we're so ****.

This has been a pretty strange election so anything is possible. You know Trump has taken very liberal/progressive positions on a number of issues in his past and I took notice that the only program he spoke of during his acceptance speech was a jobs/infrastructure bill, which Obama has been trying to get passed for the last 6+ years. But if we wants to do that, I'm sure democrats will be more than happy to help get that passed.

I read today "on the internet" that Trump has been quoted by People Magazine article and when he was on Oprah as saying, in essence, that if he ever ran for prez, he'd run as a republican because republican voters are easier to snooker. Assuming he said this, it will be interesting to see what he does now that reality has smacked him upside the head. :lol:

Trump looked very solemn today at the White House when he met with Obama, as it looks like weight of this awesome responsibility finally has sunk in. And he was kissing on Obama's ass for real ..."I'm so honored ... "; " So much respect ..."; "One and a half hours was not enough time spent with him ..."''; "I'll be seeking he counsel ... " This from the guy who tormented Obama about his f*cking birth certificate.

While some might understandably say "He's not my President," I will not. I want Trump to do very well because I want the country to do well. I'm delighted that he wants to start off and "do infrastructure." That should be an easy won now that the black guy is no longer in the Oval Office.
br7knicks

Post#446 » by br7knicks » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:49 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

This has been a pretty strange election so anything is possible. You know Trump has taken very liberal/progressive positions on a number of issues in his past and I took notice that the only program he spoke of during his acceptance speech was a jobs/infrastructure bill, which Obama has been trying to get passed for the last 6+ years. But if we wants to do that, I'm sure democrats will be more than happy to help get that passed.

I read today "on the internet" that Trump has been quoted by People Magazine article and when he was on Oprah as saying, in essence, that if he ever ran for prez, he'd run as a republican because republican voters are easier to snooker. Assuming he said this, it will be interesting to see what he does now that reality has smacked him upside the head. :lol:

Trump looked very solemn today at the White House when he met with Obama, as it looks like weight of this awesome responsibility finally has sunk in. And he was kissing on Obama's ass for real ..."I'm so honored ... "; " So much respect ..."; "One and a half hours was not enough time spent with him ..."''; "I'll be seeking he counsel ... " This from the guy who tormented Obama about his f*cking birth certificate.

While some might understandably say "He's not my President," I will not. I want Trump to do very well because I want the country to do well. I'm delighted that he wants to start off and "do infrastructure." That should be an easy won now that the black guy is no longer in the Oval Office.

yes. well, trump is actually a democrat, and was his entire life until the clintons left office (good timing...). that's why i don't understand why my democrat friends are upset. he is very liberal and has been for a very long time. don't get me wrong, i think trump is a bad person, but i do think most of this is an act.

i am anti-democrat, but i voted for o'bama in '08 because i didn't mind some of the things he wanted to do (infrastructure, like you said). but i'm anti-democrat now for his obamacare system. to me, it's a lot like common core for us teachers. good premise, great idea, **** execution.

no doubt in my mind he did - and i agree with him, they are. bush gave republicans a bad name, and created a HUGE government, which is why i left because i don't like big government. that's the thing. trump is not a republican, he's a democrat. he's not stupid, he's quite smart. all of those radical things he claimed (wall, dropping bombs) is something he knows he could never actually do. he had no intention on winning. that's why i'm so disappointed in johnson and the third parties - THIS is the election to win. hillary is one of the most God awful candidates ever, and trump was purposefully being crass, abrasive, and vulgar - AND THEY STILL LOST!

some basketball player said it best - wishing a president to fail is like wishing a pilot would crash your plane. while i don't like trump and never will, i hope that he can at least get the economy back on track, and not mess it up. i'm hoping you're right, wingo. :pray:
RIP, magnumt '19

DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#447 » by DickGrayson » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:35 am

The ruling class is maintained and white supremacy won big time. I can't even hate. They got together and accomplished what they wanted. It's up to me and my people to prepare for the worst. Thats all I'm going to say.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#448 » by BeagleBoss » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:56 am

If the season wasn't over, I'd be fuming but I'm just shaking my head and laughing. I remember cursing out Tony Brothers in the freaking 90s. Amazing that idiot still has a job!! Silver needs to fine and suspend his ass!!
Knicklyn718
Sophomore
And1: 115

Post#449 » by Knicklyn718 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:16 am

What up? New member here, peace
ImageImage
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#450 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:01 pm

https://www.facebook.com/hefty.co/videos/1874894676072235/

I had tears running down my face after watching this. Makes me miss my best friend who we had to put down early last year and makes me cherish the two dogs we rescued from a shelter last year in our old dog's memory even more than I already do.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#451 » by magnumt » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Knicklyn718 wrote:What up? New member here, peace

Welcome!

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Deep Fried
Junior
And1: 220

Post#452 » by Deep Fried » Thu Dec 1, 2016 4:03 am

in all seriousness.. huge Knicks fan here. plan to contribute to discussion and piss you guys off accordingly.

cheers to a great season for the Knicks, and good health for everyone on here.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#453 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 12:28 pm

Deep Fried wrote:Image

in all seriousness.. huge Knicks fan here. plan to contribute to discussion and piss you guys off accordingly.

Welcome! Part of Bills mafia, eh? :lol:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/monday-morning-bills-mafia-rewind/
Deep Fried
Junior
And1: 220

Post#454 » by Deep Fried » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:20 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Deep Fried wrote:Image

Welcome! Part of Bills mafia, eh? :lol:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/monday-morning-bills-mafia-rewind/

im actually buddies with the guy who funneled beer out of the girls ass!

Go Bills!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#455 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Dec 1, 2016 3:44 pm

No more intros here please.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#456 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Dec 3, 2016 3:13 pm

Anyone else miss the nice weather? Running outside in 40 degree weather is **** horrible.
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#457 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Sat Dec 3, 2016 3:36 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Anyone else miss the nice weather? Running outside in 40 degree weather is **** horrible.

I definitely don't miss the cold weather in NY...1 of the main reasons why you'll never find me anywhere near there until June or July

while my friends complain about the cold, I'm chillin like

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#458 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Dec 3, 2016 3:45 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Anyone else miss the nice weather? Running outside in 40 degree weather is **** horrible.

I definitely don't miss the cold weather in NY...1 of the main reasons why you'll never find me anywhere near there until June or July

(Kidding, but I am jealous.)

I miss Nashville. It still got cold, but not like this. I need my gloves to arrive already.
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#459 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Sat Dec 3, 2016 4:00 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:

(Kidding, but I am jealous.)

I miss Nashville. It still got cold, but not like this. I need my gloves to arrive already.

:lol: I know your pain, hope u get through it bro
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#460 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Dec 3, 2016 8:07 pm

How to we add a sig to our page? I went to "Profile" but only found a button for avatars

Return to New York Knicks