Goodbye DJ Hayden?

Moderator: HMFFL

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Goodbye DJ Hayden? 

Post#1 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Dec 3, 2016 12:26 am

Never been a fan of the guy, but his hamstring injury vs. Carolina has landed him on IR, and since the Raiders declined his team option next season, DJ will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.

CB is still a problem for the Raiders... in the short term, TJ Carrie will man the slot. And for next season Raiders will need to re-stock the cupboard.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Goodbye DJ Hayden? 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Sat Dec 3, 2016 4:06 am

yeah i do think DJ played his last game with us. Amerson is solid, Smith is useful so far. TJ is okay, but we are gonna need a CB early in next year's draft.
ehhhhh f it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#3 » by FNQ » Mon Dec 5, 2016 2:30 am

Smith has been terrible.. we only have answers at one CB slot going into the offseason. Hopefully its addressed via the draft, the answer doesnt seem to be on our roster currently.

Hayden has a decent shot at coming back if the price is right though. Carrie has entirely flamed out since a decent rookie season also, though I think shuttling him between CB and S did him a lot of harm. Frankly most of our DBs have been brutal this year, even the touted rookie has been average at best. But to be fair, outside of guys like Wentz, Zeke, Bosa, Ramsey, and Michael Thomas, pretty much all day 1/2 picks have been ho-hum. Could add CJ Prosise to that list I suppose. A bunch of solid players in there as well.. but pretty meh overall so far.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#4 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:51 pm

How was Smith terrible outside of maybe Week 1?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:How was Smith terrible outside of maybe Week 1?

Terrible the first half of the season actually, was among PFF's worst corners and had one of the higher passer ratings against through week 8.. turned it up down the stretch though and saved his season, and probably saved his roster spot going into next season. Because if weeks 1-8 Smith showed up the last half of 2016, there's no way he'd stay on the team
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#6 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:46 pm

FNQ wrote:

Terrible the first half of the season actually, was among PFF's worst corners and had one of the higher passer ratings against through week 8.. turned it up down the stretch though and saved his season, and probably saved his roster spot going into next season. Because if weeks 1-8 Smith showed up the last half of 2016, there's no way he'd stay on the team

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-25-nfl-cornerbacks-this-season/
This was 2 months ago.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
FNQ wrote:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-25-nfl-cornerbacks-this-season/
This was 2 months ago.

Whatever metric they used, they qualified it by saying that it didnt run parallel to their usual PFF metrics.. I never saw this article, only the PFF grades and how they came by those. And Smith was really low for the first half of the season and was among the best in the 2nd half
raiderman4
Freshman
And1: 61

Post#8 » by raiderman4 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 am

Smith improved as the season went on but still should of been better. Hayden is probably going to trick a team like the Jets or something in to giving him more then he's worth, so most likely we have seen the end of Hayden in the silver and black.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by FNQ » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Confirmed, goodbye DJ Hayden. Signed a 1 year deal with the Lions. The flashes never became consistent, only the mistakes remained consistent.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Held out hope for him but this is addition by subtraction.

We can do better than him at the position.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Post#11 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm

Who's next? CB was a glaring weakness, hence the secondary coach getting the axe...

The problem with Smith is he's too slow to deal with the smaller/faster receivers in the League... there were instances where he never even touched his man, who would blow right by him for a TD.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#12 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:26 am

My sincere hope is that there is a corner at #1 on our draft board in the 1st or 2nd round.

We should be able to grab one in the 1st or 2nd this year.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Las Vegas Raiders