Moderator: studcrackers

OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#101 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:00 pm

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
I'm sure he is, when he sees that now the best team in the conference doesn't necessarily make the B10 title game. Case and point how Wisc. who had 2 B10 losses got in over 1 Big ten loss OSU (who beat them h2h) only bc of divisions. Wisc has now lost 3 big ten games all the the East. Not to mention is 2006 Urban was clearing lobbying to try and get his UF team in over UM.

Odd claim, considering 24-21. But I'll wait it out til Bama stomps Urbs again.

It's funny, PSU fans hate on OSU so much when you should be thanking them. If It wasn't for OSU beating UM, you wouldn't even have made the B10 title game. Heck you might not have even made a New Years 6 game. Not to mention how we gifted your team the win in a game where we should have been easily able to finish you off that you guys covet so much. Instead of hating on OSU, you should be thanking them. Now you have a chance to play in the Rose Bowl. It's fine though, maybe you will be our VaTech of 2014 this season... the fans bragged, while OSU went on to win a National Title... again
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#102 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:02 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
I'm sure he is, when he sees that now the best team in the conference doesn't necessarily make the B10 title game. Case and point how Wisc. who had 2 B10 losses got in over 1 Big ten loss OSU (who beat them h2h) only bc of divisions. Wisc has now lost 3 big ten games all the the East. Not to mention is 2006 Urban was clearing lobbying to try and get his UF team in over UM.

Odd claim, considering 24-21. But I'll wait it out til Bama stomps Urbs again.

It's funny, PSU fans hate on OSU so much when you should be thanking them. If It wasn't for OSU beating UM, you wouldn't even have made the B10 title game. Heck you might not have even made a New Years 6 game. Not to mention how we gifted your team the win in a game where we should have been easily able to finish you off that you guys covet so much. Instead of hating on OSU, you should be thanking them. Now you have a chance to play in the Rose Bowl. It's fine though, maybe you will be our VaTech of 2014 this season... the fans bragged, while OSU went on to win a National Title... again

Sounds good, I expect to hear from you after the title game. I'm still pumped about the Rose bowl, and having a real trophy that matters, not one decided by a committee.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#103 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:10 pm

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Odd claim, considering 24-21. But I'll wait it out til Bama stomps Urbs again.

Sounds good, I expect to hear from you after the title game. I'm still pumped about the Rose bowl, and having a real trophy that matters, not one decided by a committee.

Yep, impressed by that trophy you earned over beating the 4th best B10 team. Hang your hat on that. OSU will just play for another national title chance again. PSU hasn't had a title in my lifetime, I don't know about yours. Ohio State has 2 in my lifetime... you know a trophy that really matters. Although USC vs Penn St in the Rose Bowl is a good game, just understand that the game doesn't matter at all this year. Trust me, as I watched my Buckeyes beat Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl last year, once you have actually competed for real National Titles, compensatory bowls like Rose or Fiesta (when not playoff game) are really not a big deal.

WE ARE.... not in the playoff, again.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#104 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:13 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

Yep, impressed by that trophy you earned over beating the 4th best B10 team. Hang your hat on that. OSU will just play for another national title chance again. PSU hasn't had a title in my lifetime, I don't know about yours. Ohio State has 2 in my lifetime... you know a trophy that really matters. Although USC vs Penn St in the Rose Bowl is a good game, just understand that the game doesn't matter at all this year. Trust me, as I watched my Buckeyes beat Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl last year, once you have actually competed for real National Titles, compensatory bowls like Rose or Fiesta (when not playoff game) are really not a big deal.

lol. Says the team who couldn't even win their own division. Must hurt.

Fake titles are sweet though.

O-H...Oh no!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#105 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:51 pm

As a Pac-12 guy the Rose Bowl is & always has been the best of the best & should be the goal every year from my pov. Outside of playing for a National Championship, which for UW was 25 years ago. The Rose Bowl is still the "Granddaddy" as they say. No shame in that. I would gladly take competing for a Rose Bowl every year over playing for a National title once every 10-15 years.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#106 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:14 pm

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Sounds good, I expect to hear from you after the title game. I'm still pumped about the Rose bowl, and having a real trophy that matters, not one decided by a committee.

O-H...Oh no!

Hurts not even being the best in your own state doesn't it?

Must hurt that nobody takes your program seriously. Enjoy your meaningless bowl game!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#107 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:25 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

O-H...Oh no!

Must hurt that nobody takes your program seriously. Enjoy your meaningless bowl game!

lol.

Pitt was a better team than OSU, that must really suck. Also odd you brag so much for a team who's given a preseason top 5 rank every year on a platter and hasn't had the success of Penn State over the years. Irrelevant would be a better term there I'd say.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#108 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:31 pm

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:lol. Says the team who couldn't even win their own division. Must hurt.

O-H...Oh no!

lol.

Pitt was a better team than OSU, that must really suck. Also odd you brag so much for a team who's given a preseason top 5 rank every year on a platter and hasn't had the success of Penn State over the years. Irrelevant would be a better term there I'd say.

Even you don't believe that. Weak troll attempt. BTW when is the last time PSU even won a title, how many BCS bowl wins you have? OSU is the most successful program the last 15 year sans Bama. All PSU leads in is massive pedophilia cover ups.

But thanks for the bye week, now we get to go to the playoffs rested. I am glad our team gave PSU the game, it worked perfectly for us.

And we are ranked top 5 every year bc we are actually good every year. Sorry for that I guess.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#109 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:33 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

lol.

Even you don't believe that. Weak troll attempt. BTW when is the last time PSU even won a title, how many BCS bowl wins you have? OSU is the most successful program the last 15 year sans Bama. All PSU leads in is massive pedophilia cover ups.

But thanks for the bye week, now we get to go to the playoffs rested. I am glad our team gave PSU the game, it worked perfectly for us.

And we are ranked top 5 every year bc we are actually good every year. Sorry for that I guess.

And I think tOSU for being the 3rd best team we played all year! Given the UM game by the refs, and Pitt was a better team too.

Must suck knowing you need someone else to decide you're better than other teams. You get a ranking given by the media, that's sweet. Yet when given the chance you couldn't win your division. Rough year man, rough year. In the end, 1 thing matters, scoreboard.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#110 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:35 pm

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:lol.

And I think tOSU for being the 3rd best team we played all year! Given the UM game by the refs, and Pitt was a better team too.

Must suck knowing you need someone else to decide you're better than other teams. You get a ranking given by the media, that's sweet. Yet when given the chance you couldn't win your division. Rough year man, rough year. In the end, 1 thing matters, scoreboard.

You make no sense. You brag and brag about your fluke win over us, yet ignore the fact OSU beat UM and UM killed you. You lost 2 games this year, you weren't even taken seriously. What does that say about what the world thinks of OSU's program vs what the world thinks of PSU's program?

You can talk all the trash you want, but at the end of the day your team is the one who was left out, my team isn't. Try winning a title since the invention of the internet before you get all high and mighty.

But you keep hanging onto your meaningless win vs OSU!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#111 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:42 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:You make no sense. You brag and brag about your fluke win over us, yet ignore the fact OSU beat UM and UM killed you. You lost 2 games this year, you weren't even taken seriously. What does that say about what the world thinks of OSU's program vs what the world thinks of PSU's program?

You can talk all the trash you want, but at the end of the day your team is the one who was left out, my team isn't. Try winning a title since the invention of the internet before you get all high and mighty.

I'm arguing about this season. The one where we've got a trophy and you don't. You keep bringing up the last few years like they give you brownie points.

I'm fine without a fake title, I'm good with the real one my team won on the field. What the voters think is fine, but we saw 24-21 on the field.

Oh, and if you want fluke, how bout barely beating a MSU team who lost by 30 to PSU a week later. That's fluky.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:52 pm

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:You make no sense. You brag and brag about your fluke win over us, yet ignore the fact OSU beat UM and UM killed you. You lost 2 games this year, you weren't even taken seriously. What does that say about what the world thinks of OSU's program vs what the world thinks of PSU's program?

I'm arguing about this season. The one where we've got a trophy and you don't. You keep bringing up the last few years like they give you brownie points.

I'm fine without a fake title, I'm good with the real one my team won on the field. What the voters think is fine, but we saw 24-21 on the field.

Oh, and if you want fluke, how bout barely beating a MSU team who lost by 30 to PSU a week later. That's fluky.

So you think Pitt fans have reason to brag about their win over you? Do you think Pitt fans should be all high and mighty because they beat you? Nvm the fact they finished worse than you and are playing in a lower bowl, because they beat you and that's all the matters. You're foolish.

Btw, you might want to look at what fluke means. It means "unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck." So you agree that PSU's big win over MSU was unlikely to happen again and lucky? Thanks for proving my point.

Since we are going down that route then, lets discuss how PSU needed a TD in the final minutes against Maryland to win by more than 2 scores when OSU won 62-3. Or how PSU needed 2 last minute TDs and a FG to beat Indiana when OSU won easily.

Face it, all you have OSU is your lucky win and meaningless B10 title vs the 4th ranked B10 team.

OSU is once again representing the conference on the national stage. OSU is the only program that can actually do something on the national stage. Nobody but OSU has done crap since 1997... PSU's last title was 1986. Were you alive? I know I wasn't
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:55 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
So you think Pitt fans have reason to brag about their win over you? Do you think Pitt fans should be all high and mighty because they beat you? Nvm the fact they finished worse than you and are playing in a lower bowl, because they beat you and that's all the matters. You're foolish.

Btw, you might want to look at what fluke means. It means "unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck." So you agree that PSU's big win over MSU was unlikely to happen again and lucky? Thanks for proving my point.

Since we are going down that route then, lets discuss how PSU needed a TD in the final minutes against Maryland to win by more than 2 scores when OSU won 62-3. Or how PSU needed 2 last minute TDs and a FG to beat Indiana when OSU won easily.

Face it, all you have OSU is your lucky win and meaningless B10 title vs the 4th ranked B10 team.

OSU is once again representing the conference on the national stage. OSU is the only program that can actually do something on the national stage. Nobody but OSU has done crap since 1997... PSU's last title was 1986. Were you alive? I know I wasn't

Pitt absolutely has bragging rights over PSU this year. However given you've apparently not been alive that long that explains a lot of the thought process going on here.

As for MSU, tOSU's win was fluky, a chance occurrence they barely held on. And "all I have" is a trophy, which is more than you :lol:.

To add to that, I was alive when PSU was last undefeated and beat the snot out of Oregon in the Rose, with the title given to Tom Osborne. I was born in 86, and remember more than a few amazing PSU teams with a mediocre tOSU squad middling around. You lucked out a few voters thought your team looked good on paper when in reality, they couldn't even win the division in their conference.

Bama
Clemson
Washington

Ohio State...

3 of these have a conference title, one....

OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#114 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:05 pm

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

Pitt absolutely has bragging rights over PSU this year. However given you've apparently not been alive that long that explains a lot of the thought process going on here.

As for MSU, tOSU's win was fluky, a chance occurrence they barely held on. And "all I have" is a trophy, which is more than you :lol:.

To add to that, I was alive when PSU was last undefeated and beat the snot out of Oregon in the Rose, with the title given to Tom Osborne. I was born in 86, and remember more than a few amazing PSU teams with a mediocre tOSU squad middling around. You lucked out a few voters thought your team looked good on paper when in reality, they couldn't even win the division in their conference.

Bama
Clemson
Washington

Ohio State...

3 of these have a conference title, one....

So you remember the years where PSU with great teams couldn't win it all.... congrats!

OSU all-time is superior to PSU, OSU this year is superior to PSU. Conference titles don't mean jack, just ask Bama fans about 2011...

But hey since your posting Urban sad after a MSU loss, why don't we look at what happened after that.:

I haven't even really talked about the biggest stain on your programs history.... the most obscene, vile, disgusting thing in sports history... and you know why. Because I don't need to harp on it. We already know what kind of program PSU was back then.

When you actually win a playoff game let a lone a title, you let me know. Until then you aren't relevant enough to worry about. For your sake your team better not lose to USC, or you will really look foolish.

But I do feel for you, PSU getting left out must be so hard. You all went from wanting to lynch your coach, to crying like children because nobody takes your program seriously. It must be hard being a little guy trying to eat at the big guys table. Even big time teams throw scraps to the less fortunate every once in awhile. Who knows, maybe next year you can be seen as the conference 2nd best team instead of the 3rd best.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#115 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:11 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:So you remember the years where PSU with great teams couldn't win it all.... congrats!

OSU all-time is superior to PSU, OSU this year is superior to PSU. Conference titles don't mean jack, just ask Bama fans about 2011...

But hey since your posting Urban sad after a MSU loss, why don't we look at what happened after that.:

I haven't even really talked about the biggest stain on your programs history.... the most obscene, vile, disgusting thing in sports history... and you know why. Because I don't need to harp on it. We already know what kind of program PSU was back then.

When you actually win a playoff game let a lone a title, you let me know. Until then you aren't relevant enough to worry about. For your sake your team better not lose to USC, or you will really look foolish.

But I do feel for you, PSU getting left out must be so hard. You all went from wanting to lynch your coach, to crying like children because nobody takes your program seriously. It must be hard being a little guy trying to eat at the big guys table. Even big time teams throw scraps to the less fortunate every once in awhile. Who knows, maybe next year you can be seen as the conference 2nd best team instead of the 3rd best.

So...you're feeling good about the 1 title you've got? Because PSU lost a title due to not having a shot to win it on the field.

Oh, and if PSU isn't relevant, they beat a very irrelevant team. I mean, if you lose to a team that bad you clearly must not be that good yourself.

Oh, and to be frank I'm thrilled with the Rose bowl, I'd rather this than have no conference title and no shot at a national title either, which in the end will be what you end up with. Oh, and just so you know PSU returns pretty much every one too.

http://www.thesportsfanjournal.com/columns/the-rev/penn-state-ohio-state-replay-review-big-ten-officials-suck/

Spoiler:

Maybe next year the refs will help you out a lil more and you can pull one out vs Penn State again. We know you've had help every time it was needed in the past.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:39 pm

bondom34 wrote:So...you're feeling good about the 1 title you've got? Because PSU lost a title due to not having a shot to win it on the field.

Oh, and if PSU isn't relevant, they beat a very irrelevant team. I mean, if you lose to a team that bad you clearly must not be that good yourself.

Oh, and to be frank I'm thrilled with the Rose bowl, I'd rather this than have no conference title and no shot at a national title either, which in the end will be what you end up with. Oh, and just so you know PSU returns pretty much every one too.

http://www.thesportsfanjournal.com/columns/the-rev/penn-state-ohio-state-replay-review-big-ten-officials-suck/

Spoiler:

Maybe next year the refs will help you out a lil more and you can pull one out vs Penn State again. We know you've had help every time it was needed in the past.

2 titles. You forgetting 2002? So you want to talk about on the field yet ignore how your 2 losses is what kept you out. Gotcha. Nice argument. 2 losses are better than one.

We can argue in circles all day bu nothing will change. You enjoy your meaningless B10 title and we will enjoy our playoff game AGAIN! OSU is in PSU is not. In your face!

https://www.facebook.com/TheHerd/videos/1925327234355133/
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:42 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:So...you're feeling good about the 1 title you've got? Because PSU lost a title due to not having a shot to win it on the field.

Spoiler:

2 titles. You forgetting 2002? So you want to talk about on the field yet ignore how your 2 losses is what kept you out. Gotcha. Nice argument. 2 losses are better than one.

We can argue in circles all day bu nothing will change. You enjoy your meaningless B10 title and we will enjoy our playoff game AGAIN! OSU is in PSU is not. In your face!

And you enjoy no titles at the end of the year! Also, if the refs are gonna try and give em to you I hope you feel great about that too.

Also, did you really use Cowherd as a source? Because lol...

Read on Twitter
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#118 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 12:05 am

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

Spoiler:

And you enjoy no titles at the end of the year! Also, if the refs are gonna try and give em to you I hope you feel great about that too.

Read on Twitter

Not a source. I laugh Bc that's likely going to happen. Then all you PSU fans will all of a sudden not care about conference title requirement.

OSU #3 and in. PSU #5 and out. No amount of crying or shots at OSU is going to change that. You know who is worse than the people who don't win in the playoff? The people that couldn't even make it. Ouch
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 1:30 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:.

Read on Twitter

Not a source. I laugh Bc that's likely going to happen. Then all you PSU fans will all of a sudden not care about conference title requirement.

OSU #3 and in. PSU #5 and out. No amount of crying or shots at OSU is going to change that. You know who is worse than the people who don't win in the playoff? The people that couldn't even make it. Ouch

Actually its who needed somepne to decide they should havea shot instead of someone who won a title on the field. Enjoy your loss. I"ll enjoy the win and a conference title. 3rd or 4th best team we played all year.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 3:24 am

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:And you enjoy no titles at the end of the year! Also, if the refs are gonna try and give em to you I hope you feel great about that too.

Read on Twitter

Actually its who needed somepne to decide they should havea shot instead of someone who won a title on the field. Enjoy your loss. I"ll enjoy the win and a conference title. 3rd or 4th best team we played all year.

I think you're forgetting you lost twice lol. Other than 2008 name me the last 2 loss champion in football? Name me the last 2 loss team in the playoffs. Name me the last 2 loss team playing for the title other than 2008?

OSU is in. PSU is out. Let it haunt you as long as you want.

Return to NCAA Football