Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#121 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 3:35 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Not a source. I laugh Bc that's likely going to happen. Then all you PSU fans will all of a sudden not care about conference title requirement.

OSU #3 and in. PSU #5 and out. No amount of crying or shots at OSU is going to change that. You know who is worse than the people who don't win in the playoff? The people that couldn't even make it. Ouch

Actually its who needed somepne to decide they should havea shot instead of someone who won a title on the field. Enjoy your loss. I"ll enjoy the win and a conference title. 3rd or 4th best team we played all year.

I think you're forgetting you lost twice lol. Other than 2008 name me the last 2 loss champion in football? Name me the last 2 loss team in the playoffs. Name me the last 2 loss team playing for the title other than 2008?

OSU is in. PSU is out. Let it haunt you as long as you want.

I;m not, but 24=21. 24-21. Not a conf champ. Not sure when that happened either. Neither are common.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Wannabe MEP
Analyst
And1: 1,786

Post#122 » by Wannabe MEP » Tue Dec 6, 2016 4:39 am

bondom34 vs OsuCavsfan103

Dear Penn State, Oklahoma, and Michigan: I wanted all y'all in there...in an 8-team playoff.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#123 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 4:48 am

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Actually its who needed somepne to decide they should havea shot instead of someone who won a title on the field. Enjoy your loss. I"ll enjoy the win and a conference title. 3rd or 4th best team we played all year.

I think you're forgetting you lost twice lol. Other than 2008 name me the last 2 loss champion in football? Name me the last 2 loss team in the playoffs. Name me the last 2 loss team playing for the title other than 2008?

I;m not, but 24=21. 24-21. Not a conf champ. Not sure when that happened either. Neither are common.

2011 Bama, 1951 Tennessee, 1942 Ohio State, and 1936 Minnesota, none won conference yet won title. Won title is the key word. Now seeing as it's easier since you only have to make top 4, it's even more likely to happen. Try again. Funny thing is my Buckeyes got in BCS Final in 2008 with 2 losses. We all admit that team had no business there but everyone in front of us fell. OSU fans still admit they didn't truly belong there. Something PSU fans won't do.

PSU fans went from wanting to fire their coach, to crying that they weren't let into the playoff, all in a 2 month span.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#124 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 4:55 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

2011 Bama, 1951 Tennessee, 1942 Ohio State, and 1936 Minnesota, none won conference yet won title. Won title is the key word. Now seeing as it's easier since you only have to make top 4, it's even more likely to happen. Try again. Funny thing is my Buckeyes got in BCS Final in 2008 with 2 losses. We all admit that team had no business there but everyone in front of us fell. OSU fans still admit they didn't truly belong there. Something PSU fans won't do.

PSU fans went from wanting to fire their coach, to crying that they weren't let into the playoff, all in a 2 month span.

So......basically Bama and 60 years ago :lol:.

Yeah you can find a 2 loss team quicker. And what sane fans wanted to fire Franklin? I was on this board saying there's no chance of that. You read too much ESPN garbage.

And funny thing is, your Buckeyes were given a shot with 2 losses, you seem very insecure. Maybe a loss hurt you.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#125 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 4:56 am

Los Soles wrote:bondom34 vs OsuCavsfan103

Dear Penn State, Oklahoma, and Michigan: I wanted all y'all in there...in an 8-team playoff.

This is what I imagine all Bucknuts are like. :lol: He's apparently going 60 years back in history but is too young to remember Penn State dominating his team in the 90s.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#126 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:08 am

bondom34 wrote:

This is what I imagine all Bucknuts are like. :lol: He's apparently going 60 years back in history but is too young to remember Penn State dominating his team in the 90s.

I won't forget this game in the late 90s vs AZ:

With the Outback Bowl victory over Kentucky on January 1, Penn State wrapped up the 1998 season at 9-3.

Coming into the game, Penn State was ranked #3 and Arizona #4 and the two had never met on the field before. Arizona was returning 17 starters of their own and had just defeated Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl to finish a best-ever 12-1 and at #4 in both final polls. Coming into the game, Penn State was ranked #3 and Arizona #4 and the two had never met on the field before.

The offensive line, led by senior interior lineman Eric Cole, opened mammoth holes for the running back stable, such that Penn State rushed 44 times for 262 yards. The final score was 41-7. It was a beautiful day. Penn State put a whuppin on a Top-5 team on national television and the Beaver Stadium patrons were treated to a warm & sunny show.

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2011/6/28/2237102/penn-states-greatest-games-of-the-big-ten-era-1999-arizona

Not a good start to AZ football that season.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#127 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:14 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

With the Outback Bowl victory over Kentucky on January 1, Penn State wrapped up the 1998 season at 9-3.

Coming into the game, Penn State was ranked #3 and Arizona #4 and the two had never met on the field before. Arizona was returning 17 starters of their own and had just defeated Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl to finish a best-ever 12-1 and at #4 in both final polls. Coming into the game, Penn State was ranked #3 and Arizona #4 and the two had never met on the field before.

The offensive line, led by senior interior lineman Eric Cole, opened mammoth holes for the running back stable, such that Penn State rushed 44 times for 262 yards. The final score was 41-7. It was a beautiful day. Penn State put a whuppin on a Top-5 team on national television and the Beaver Stadium patrons were treated to a warm & sunny show.

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2011/6/28/2237102/penn-states-greatest-games-of-the-big-ten-era-1999-arizona

Yep. And great blog, I spend a ton of time on BSD, they're my other tab open at work along w/ here. Love the Rose in 94 though, Carter going for 80 on the first play of the game.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#128 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:17 am

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I;m not, but 24=21. 24-21. Not a conf champ. Not sure when that happened either. Neither are common.

Yeah you can find a 2 loss team quicker. And what sane fans wanted to fire Franklin? I was on this board saying there's no chance of that. You read too much ESPN garbage.

And funny thing is, your Buckeyes were given a shot with 2 losses, you seem very insecure. Maybe a loss hurt you.

I'm not insecure at all, you are the one who has been crying about PSU nonstop. I am simply enjoying how ridiculous and butthurt you sound. Had OSU lost to UM I would be salty, but we didn't, and that nullified your win over us. You needed us to even make the B10 title. Your program literally had to be OSU fans the last week of the season to make the B10 title game. I find that quite ironic. I find this banter entertaining. I have literally spent hours now soaking up the tears of PSU fans crying about how they should be in the playoffs.... they all seem to forget they lost two games.

Now PSU knows the recipe, win well, beat good teams, don't get blown out, and do not lose twice. You failed to do two of those, and you are out.

Be sure to tune in on Dec 31 and watch OSU represent the B10 on the national stage again. Try not to cry and throw the remote at the TV. and most of all thank you! Thank you for your incessant complaining about not being in, your pathetic shots at OSU. It makes my day so much more entertaining watching you try to rationalize why nobody cares about PSU, per usual.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#129 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:21 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

I'm not insecure at all, you are the one who has been crying about PSU nonstop. I am simply enjoying how ridiculous and butthurt you sound. Had OSU lost to UM I would be salty, but we didn't, and that nullified your win over us. You needed us to even make the B10 title. Your program literally had to be OSU fans the last week of the season to make the B10 title game. I find that quite ironic. I find this banter entertaining. I have literally spent hours now soaking up the tears of PSU fans crying about how they should be in the playoffs.... they all seem to forget they lost two games.

Now PSU knows the recipe, win well, beat good teams, don't get blown out, and do not lose twice. You failed to do two of those, and you are out.

Be sure to tune in on Dec 31 and watch OSU represent the B10 on the national stage again. Try not to cry and throw the remote at the TV. and most of all thank you! Thank you for your incessant complaining about not being in, your pathetic shots at OSU. It makes my day so much more entertaining watching you try to rationalize why nobody cares about PSU, per usual.

I'm not crying at all, but you seem very bothered by anyone who doesn't know if your team is as deserving as you seem to believe. I'm really happy with the Rose, and it was my expectation after they won Saturday.

Frankly, nobody really cares about tOSU other than laughing when they lose games they're supposed to win, which has become the yearly tradition and has given the conference a bad look in title games. But if it helps you sleep at night.

Trophy count in 2016: PSU 1 tOSU 0

But thank you! Thank you for being so gracious as to lose to PSU and have us take the conference! We appreciate it, and I'm sure when you're eliminated with nothing to show, you'll have a new excuse.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#130 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:27 am

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:So......basically Bama and 60 years ago :lol:.

I'm not crying at all, but you seem very bothered by anyone who doesn't know if your team is as deserving as you seem to believe. I'm really happy with the Rose, and it was my expectation after they won Saturday.

Frankly, nobody really cares about tOSU other than laughing when they lose games they're supposed to win, which has become the yearly tradition and has given the conference a bad look in title games. But if it helps you sleep at night.

But thank you! Thank you for being so gracious as to lose to PSU and have us take the conference! We appreciate it, and I'm sure when you're eliminated with nothing to show, you'll have a new excuse.

Hahaha...

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#131 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:29 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

Hahaha...

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#132 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:40 am

bondom34 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:This is what I imagine all Bucknuts are like. :lol: He's apparently going 60 years back in history but is too young to remember Penn State dominating his team in the 90s.

Yep. And great blog, I spend a ton of time on BSD, they're my other tab open at work along w/ here. Love the Rose in 94 though, Carter going for 80 on the first play of the game.

That game against USC should be a good one, and if you win that would prove a legit argument that in hindsight, they were probably the better team than Washington.

But all of this talk about who should be in the playoff shouldn't even be an issue because there should be 8 teams, with Penn St, Michigan, Oklahoma and probably Western Michigan (though USC is probably most certainly the better team).

Personally I'd do even more than 8, like with 10, even if it was 6 byes, and a 4 team play in game for the last 2 spots of the 8 spots. Those would basically probably be teams that didn't win their conference.

So maybe play in games for USC vs Florida St and Michigan vs Western Michigan.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:45 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

That game against USC should be a good one, and if you win that would prove a legit argument that in hindsight, they were probably the better team than Washington.

But all of this talk about who should be in the playoff shouldn't even be an issue because there should be 8 teams, with Penn St, Michigan, Oklahoma and probably Western Michigan (though USC is probably most certainly the better team).

Personally I'd do even more than 8, like with 10, even if it was 6 byes, and a 4 team play in game for the last 2 spots of the 8 spots. Those would basically probably be teams that didn't win their conference.

So maybe play in games for USC vs Florida St and Michigan vs Western Michigan.

Yeah, I think 8 is best, and honestly still don't expect to beat USC. I expect Bama to roll whoever they play both games, and tOSU/Clemson likely will be a decent game.

I'm super excited for the Rose, I'm just messing around at this point, but I think conf. champs should have a greater priority (as the committee had said past years).
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,424

Post#134 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:49 am

bondom34 wrote: I expect Bama to roll whoever they play both games

I hope not. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#135 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:50 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bondom34 wrote: I expect Bama to roll whoever they play both games

I hope not. :wink:

I'll be cheering for you guys, I just think they're too good for anyone. I'll be hoping for a UW/Clemson final.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,424

Post#136 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:55 am

I just want a close game.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:58 am

bondom34 wrote:

OSU 12-5 vs PSU since 2000, OSU leads series overall 17-14, OSU 8 national titles, Penn St... 2 (lol)

Only thing PSU wins in CFB is the most vile scandal in US sports history :D
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#138 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 7:00 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

OSU 12-5 vs PSU since 2000, OSU leads series overall 17-14, OSU 8 national titles, Penn St... 2 (lol)

Yeah...that's nothing to joke about. Low class and tasteless. Just like tOSU, who's had their share of scandals.

And that's how I know when someone is out of ammo to discuss football, they turn to IT. tOSU lost, bummer. They'll lose again, and have a failed season. Bummer.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#139 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 7:03 am

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Yeah...that's nothing to joke about. Low class and tasteless. Just like tOSU, who's had their share of scandals.

It's not a joke. PSU is lucky to even still have a football team after that one. The only thing low class and tasteless is how PSU fans actually supported Joe Pa in his ignorance of the thing.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#140 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 7:05 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

It's not a joke. PSU is lucky to even still have a football team after that one. The only thing low class and tasteless is how PSU fans actually supported Joe Pa in his ignorance of the thing.

Yeah except the NCAA admitted it was wrong. It was a criminal case. And nothing to joke about, the fact you think that speaks volumes.

Return to NCAA Football