LeBron James Has Become The First 27,000/7,000/7,000 Player In NBA History

Moderator: Doctor MJ

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: LeBron James Has Become The First 27,000/7,000/7,000 Player In NBA History 

Post#21 » by Prokorov » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:28 pm

its completely arbitrary is the point. the lead was lebron was the "first to do this" which

1) isnt news, since he was already the first and only "27/7/6 guy"
2) there is nothing special about 27/7/7 just random bench marks

i think lebron having the most assists among a non-gaurd ever is impressive, but again, not news, he already had that.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 17,717

Post#22 » by HotRocks34 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:34 pm

Prokorov wrote:its completely arbitrary is the point. the lead was lebron was the "first to do this" which

i think lebron having the most assists among a non-gaurd ever is impressive, but again, not news, he already had that.

It doesn't matter what you think about the arbitrariness or non-arbitrariness of the numbers involved. A feat was accomplished whether you, personally, want to declare it relevant or not. That's the point. When the NBA covered the accomplishment, they didn't say "Prokorov doesn't think this is important." What you think about this subject isn't the deciding factor here. What matters is that a statistical feat was accomplished that has never been achieved and it happened last night. That's why I made the thread and that is why the NBA, among others, covered it. That's it; there's nothing else to say about it except that you think the numbers involved are arbitrary. We know that; you've said it several times already in the thread.

You asked questions, I answered them as best I could.

This is news, this is unique, and that's why it was covered by multiple outlets. Whether you think it's worthy of coverage or not.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
HotRocks34
RealGM

Post#23 » by HotRocks34 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#24 » by Prokorov » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:43 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:its completely arbitrary is the point. the lead was lebron was the "first to do this" which

It doesn't matter what you think. A feat was accomplished whether you personally want to declare it relevant or not. That's the point. When the NBA covered the accomplishment, they didn't say "Prokorov doesn't think this is important." What you think about this subject isn't important. What matters is that a statistical feat was accomplished that has never been achieved and it happened last night. That's why I made the thread and that is why the NBA, among others, covered it. That's it; there's nothing else to say about it except that you think the numbers involved are arbitrary. We know that; you've said it several times already in the thread.

You asked questions, I answered them.

This is news, this is unique, and that's why it was covered by multiple outlets. Whether you like it or not.

statistical feats are accomplished every day every game. its early december, NBA writers will write about whatever they can, they have to write daily columns.

no feat was accomplished, no records broken and he didnt pass anyone he wasnt already ahead of.
HotRocks34
RealGM

Post#25 » by HotRocks34 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Prokorov wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:

It doesn't matter what you think. A feat was accomplished whether you personally want to declare it relevant or not. That's the point. When the NBA covered the accomplishment, they didn't say "Prokorov doesn't think this is important." What you think about this subject isn't important. What matters is that a statistical feat was accomplished that has never been achieved and it happened last night. That's why I made the thread and that is why the NBA, among others, covered it. That's it; there's nothing else to say about it except that you think the numbers involved are arbitrary. We know that; you've said it several times already in the thread.

You asked questions, I answered them.

This is news, this is unique, and that's why it was covered by multiple outlets. Whether you like it or not.

statistical feats are accomplished every day every game. its early december, NBA writers will write about whatever they can, they have to write daily columns.

no feat was accomplished, no records broken and he didnt pass anyone he wasnt already ahead of.

Again, you are wrong. A statistical grouping that had never been accomplished was accomplished last night. It was unique, and had never been achieved in the history of the league. Thus, a new event in the history of the league happened last night. And this, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, is not something that a Garnett 25K/10K/5K achieved when he hit those numbers. Kareem already did that; no need to pretend what Garnett had done was a newly-achieved feat.

What LeBron achieved no one else has ever achieved. It was noted, by myself and others, and it was covered and celebrated. And, as I said previously, this was done whether or not you personally approved of that taking place. It may be important to recall in this circumstance that you have not been given the title of He Who Determines Relevancy. Your opinion on the subject is valued, as are others' opinions, but no opinion can take away the statistical accomplishment that took place last night, an event that is unique in NBA history up to this point.

It's not a big deal. It happened, it got covered, and we move on.

My guess is that the next time such a stat will be covered with LeBron (or others) is when he/they gets to something like 30K/8K/8K, if he/they ever does/do get there.
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,437

Post#26 » by MartyConlonJr » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:01 pm

Lebon is also the next likely guy to have 1000 of everything. There are only I think 3 or 4 guys. From memory, Rasheed Wallace, Clifford Robinson and Dirk Nowitzki. Maybe 1 other. 1000 blocks, steals and 3 pointers being the main criteria. Lebron is currently at about 780 blocks I think
Chicago76
Rookie
And1: 228

Post#27 » by Chicago76 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:59 pm

Along the same lines, below is a link to all players who are in the top 60 of all three major statistical categories (Pts, Reb, Ast) for NBA/ABA on a combined basis:

http://bkref.com/tiny/r6shG

It's probably a bit less arbitrary than 25-7-7 because the cutoffs are all equally difficult to achieve (only 60 per category). Interesting thing to note: Bird did this in fewer than 900 games.
ty 4191
Starter
And1: 1,948

Post#28 » by ty 4191 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:22 pm

Incredibly, Lebron is now very close to becoming the only member of the 35,000/10,000/10,000 Club.

Read on Twitter
?lang=en
HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 654

Post#29 » by HardenToSixers » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:29 pm

ty 4191 wrote:Incredibly, Lebron is now very close to becoming the only member of the 35,000/10,000/10,000 Club.

Read on Twitter
?lang=en

am I missing something? why did he go 27 7 7, 28 8 8, 29 9 9, now 33 9 9 before reaching 10s in rebounds and assists.

Return to Statistical Analysis