ImageImage

Grizzlies Trades Thread

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Grizzlies Trades Thread 

Post#1 » by sportscrazy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Would the Grizzlies try to get back some draft picks in a Lance Thomas, 2017 Bulls Second Round Pick and 2017 Rockets Second Round Pick for Vince Carter?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Re: Lance Thomas and 2 Second Round Picks For Vince Carter 

Post#2 » by dark-child » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:38 pm

As painful to watch as it is sometimes 'i think we are better served in letting the young guys play and get the dumb play out of their system.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#3 » by sportscrazy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:32 pm

dark-child wrote:As painful to watch as it is sometimes 'i think we are better served in letting the young guys play and get the dumb play out of their system.

Lance Thomas, Kyle O'Quinn and a 2018 Lottery Protected First Round Draft Pick for Tony Allen and Brandan Wright?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by dark-child » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:46 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
dark-child wrote:As painful to watch as it is sometimes 'i think we are better served in letting the young guys play and get the dumb play out of their system.

Lance Thomas, Kyle O'Quinn and a 2018 Lottery Protected First Round Draft Pick for Tony Allen and Brandan Wright?

NOPE!

To even consider trading Tony Allen we need a better return such as a young player under financial control for at least two years and or a 1st round pick in the stacked 2017 draft. Furthermore the team trading for him should be a contender, or be named Minnesota, Philly, Orlando, as they have really nice young pieces. We can't just send him anywhere, we love him more than we loved Pau Gasol and look what we did for him.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,867

Post#5 » by jayu70 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:20 pm

dark-child wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:

NOPE!

To even consider trading Tony Allen we need a better return such as a young player under financial control for at least two years and or a 1st round pick in the stacked 2017 draft. Furthermore the team trading for him should be a contender, or be named Minnesota, Philly, Orlando, as they have really nice young pieces. We can't just send him anywhere, we love him more than we loved Pau Gasol and look what we did for him.

Kent Bazemore?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#6 » by SD2042 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:24 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Would the Grizzlies try to get back some draft picks in a Lance Thomas, 2017 Bulls Second Round Pick and 2017 Rockets Second Round Pick for Vince Carter?

sportscrazy wrote:Would the Grizzlies try to get back some draft picks in a Lance Thomas, 2017 Bulls Second Round Pick and 2017 Rockets Second Round Pick for Vince Carter?

If I'm not mistaken, I think the Grizzlies are getting some draft picks back from the Hornets trade with Lee and Hairston along with the Heat trade involving the Birdman trade.

As for the trade with Thomas, not necessarily a fan of his. O'Quinn from watching him in Orlando tries to look tough, but his play is at times inconsistent.

Also, if you don't mind, I want to change the title of the thread to Grizzlies trades thread to keep all Grizzlies trades here.
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by dark-child » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:30 pm

jayu70 wrote:
dark-child wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:

NOPE!

Kent Bazemore?

TOO Big of a salary gap. I was unable to make a decent trade with those two as the principles that made sense from a Grizz perspective. NOW if you are interested in Chandler Parsons (which I doubt) then that would be much easier?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,867

Post#8 » by jayu70 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:37 pm

dark-child wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
dark-child wrote:
NOPE!

Kent Bazemore?

TOO Big of a salary gap. I was unable to make a decent trade with those two as the principles that made sense from a Grizz perspective. NOW if you are interested in Chandler Parsons (which I doubt) then that would be much easier?

Yeah I checked, Grizz would have to include additional salary like Brandan Wright and another smaller contract.
Definitely, not interested in Parson. How serious is his injury? How has he fit in with the Grit n Grind crew?
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Re: Grizzlies Trades Thread 

Post#9 » by bobobolas10 » Tue Jan 3, 2017 8:45 am

He has not. Ask again in one month.
"Take that for Data!"
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by dark-child » Tue Jan 3, 2017 3:58 pm

bobobolas10 wrote:He has not. Ask again in one month.

To put it in context for you, I asked a Laker Fan if they would be interested in a Chandler Parsons for Luol Deng and Jose Calderon
and surprisingly he said they would do the deal. That deal would look really good to me right now.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#11 » by SD2042 » Tue Jan 3, 2017 5:05 pm

dark-child wrote:
bobobolas10 wrote:He has not. Ask again in one month.

To put it in context for you, I asked a Laker Fan if they would be interested in a Chandler Parsons for Luol Deng and Jose Calderon
and surprisingly he said they would do the deal. That deal would look really good to me right now.

After thinking it over, a trade like that I wouldn't mind too much. Given Parsons history of injuries in reality, I wonder if the Lakers would even consider such an offer?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#12 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 3:29 am

What are some of your thoughts on the idea if the Grizzlies were to acquire Nerlens Noel from the 76ers as a backup to Marc Gasol?
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by dark-child » Wed Jan 4, 2017 4:31 pm

SD2042 wrote:What are some of your thoughts on the idea if the Grizzlies were to acquire Nerlens Noel from the 76ers as a backup to Marc Gasol?

I have been wishing for such a scenario for a long time, but in my scenario he starts next to Marc Gasol and we traded JaMychal Green to Philly and resigned Nerlens long term. I have more confidence in what he brings and the versatility to play with Marc and backup Marc and play along with ZBo in lineups. In essence I would love the idea, especially since it could get done without the need for a draft pick and could also provide roster relief in an unbalanced trade. I would like to see Troy Williams back in the rotation and a lot less of Chandler Parsons until he is healthy.
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by dark-child » Wed Jan 4, 2017 4:39 pm

There really are a few deals that should be made to bring balance to the roster without giving up too tangible a piece that makes us a serious contender going forward. The previous Nerlens move which provides a true back up center that takes away the easy baskets opponents are getting on the second unit. A move that provides the team with a veteran point guard, and allows Andrew Harrison to only play ten minutes a game, when and if he plays. How this is accomplished is via trade directly for such an individual or via an unbalanced trade for the first piece and resigning Douglas or Chalmers (if healthy) or Jarret Jack. The unbalanced nature of the roster is causing loses and tying the hands of Fizdale. If we are a win now team, we really can't afford to wait for the draft picks to develop on the clock.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#15 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 5:46 pm

dark-child wrote:
SD2042 wrote:What are some of your thoughts on the idea if the Grizzlies were to acquire Nerlens Noel from the 76ers as a backup to Marc Gasol?

I have been wishing for such a scenario for a long time, but in my scenario he starts next to Marc Gasol and we traded JaMychal Green to Philly and resigned Nerlens long term. I have more confidence in what he brings and the versatility to play with Marc and backup Marc and play along with ZBo in lineups. In essence I would love the idea, especially since it could get done without the need for a draft pick and could also provide roster relief in an unbalanced trade. I would like to see Troy Williams back in the rotation and a lot less of Chandler Parsons until he is healthy.

Someone like Noel would be of great help off the bench as his defense and shot blocking would help improve the Grizzlies. His limited offense to me is what will keep him out of the starting lineup for now. Thankfully the Grizzlies have a coach in Fizdale who is a player developmental coach. Noel would get some tips from Fiz to improve his offense should a deal of this nature should go down.
With Noel being dangled out there for so long and that he will be a RFA this summer. Teams are somewhat hesitant about make a move for a player who hasn't exactly lived up to his contract, but worry will he be worth retaining in the long term.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/philadelphia-76ers/nerlens-noel-13319/

dark-child wrote:There really are a few deals that should be made to bring balance to the roster without giving up too tangible a piece that makes us a serious contender going forward. The previous Nerlens move which provides a true back up center that takes away the easy baskets opponents are getting on the second unit. A move that provides the team with a veteran point guard, and allows Andrew Harrison to only play ten minutes a game, when and if he plays. How this is accomplished is via trade directly for such an individual or via an unbalanced trade for the first piece and resigning Douglas or Chalmers (if healthy) or Jarret Jack. The unbalanced nature of the roster is causing loses and tying the hands of Fizdale. If we are a win now team, we really can't afford to wait for the draft picks to develop on the clock.

You're correct about the Grizzlies needing to make couple of solid moves to bridge the gap. If their intentions to go for it all remains, I'm sure they are considering moves as we post. I will make a thread about this debate later today.
bobobolas10
Senior

Post#16 » by bobobolas10 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:05 pm

Nerlens Noel looks very good and all. Most I know from him is his stats in 2k to be honest. I have watched like a game or two and it was against us. If it is easy, free and cheap, why not? However, Id rather see Deyonta to develop into the Noel 2.0 (more than to see him turn into a Hasheem Thabeet)

I hope he can turn into a good player and hopefully better than Noel.

Regarding trades, I am not sure what I would move. We have a core that I dont want to trade, NEVER. That core meaning Jaymichal, Gasol,Conley,Zbo,Allen, Vince and even J.Martin. I would count him already as one of our one, with the grizz dna. I like our youngsters too, Harrison, troy1, troy2 and Deyonta.

So that would leave in my trade block Mr Parsons, Ennis III and Wright. Ennis is growing quickly in my heart, he fits. So I hope he stays but I would mind see him going for the right price. Parsons is not what I expected. I am starting to get the same feeling as when we landed Jeff Green and I thought all our SF problems would go away. #patience
"Take that for Data!"
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by dark-child » Mon Jan 9, 2017 2:38 pm

Well there is a bit of a conundrum with JayMychal Green and that is as a restricted free agent after the season. Plenty of teams that have not solved how to partner a stretch PF next to their All Star big man i.e. Pelicans, Nets, and Wolves will have plenty of cap space to make a run at him which may cause the Grizz to drastically over pay for his services and worst yet have to choose between Zbo & T.A. regarding which one to bring back, so the core is broken up. That prospect leads me to believe that is probably more like 60 - 70% he gets dealt prior to the deadline for a piece on a much better contract like one of the Morris twins, Bobby Portis, Nerlens Noel, or Larry Nance Jr. Nerlens Noel will also be restricted but he is not a stretch 4 so his offers like his current trade value will be more tempered.
bobobolas10
Senior

Post#18 » by bobobolas10 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:46 pm

But Mr Green is making less than a million and I dont feel like trading draft picks. So I guess we would have to involve another player in the deal. Who would take Brandan Wright (About 6 mill) along with J.Green?
"Take that for Data!"
bobobolas10
Senior

Post#19 » by bobobolas10 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:47 pm

http://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2017/1/2/14144438/jamychal-green-memphis-grizzlies-nba-trade-rumors-contract

I will leave here an interesting article about JGreen. Once you read it you feel like resigning him no matter what.
"Take that for Data!"
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by dark-child » Mon Jan 9, 2017 8:24 pm

This was a very interesting read, that I viewed a few days ago. Call me a pessimist but my takeaway was the likelihood of someone offering a ridiculous some of money and it being prudent not to match, or worst yet matching and having to alter plans on bringing back Tony Allen and ZBo. The article was the impetus for my post today. Small market teams can't afford to lose assets for nothing and restricted free agents who are not locked into a tier compensation like Jordan Clarkson was, are very tricky. OKC can't find a taker for Enis Kanter who was restricted and Portland offered a huge deal to and they matched, this past off season the Nets gave Allen Crabbe a huge offer that Portland matched on. I think the Grizz take the uncertainty out of it and move him.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies