ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL firings - Baalke and Kelly talk ONLY.

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Re: OFFICIAL firings - Baalke and Kelly talk ONLY. 

Post#261 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Jan 4, 2017 5:14 pm

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#262 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Jan 4, 2017 6:41 pm

Ryen Russillo, who is one of the all-time best ESPN hires, on the Lowell Cohn-Jed York exchange on York stepping down

Russillo: "You can hate Jed York's answer. You know what his answer is? It's the right one. It's the only one. What's he supposed to do? Yes, I'm going to fire myself. I transfer myself to food and beverage."

Absolutely fantastic.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#263 » by Ray_Dogg » Wed Jan 4, 2017 7:08 pm

He should have laid out his disastrous track record hiring/firing/leaking and then asked him about hiring a football exec who could do a better job than him.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#264 » by clyde21 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 7:09 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Ryen Russillo, who is one of the all-time best ESPN hires, on the Lowell Cohn-Jed York exchange on York stepping down

Russillo: "You can hate Jed York's answer. You know what his answer is? It's the right one. It's the only one. What's he supposed to do? Yes, I'm going to fire myself. I transfer myself to food and beverage."

Absolutely fantastic.

THE best.

He's my all time favorite. Have you heard him talk basketball? Brilliant.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#265 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Jan 4, 2017 7:52 pm

clyde21 wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:Ryen Russillo, who is one of the all-time best ESPN hires, on the Lowell Cohn-Jed York exchange on York stepping down

Absolutely fantastic.

THE best.

He's my all time favorite. Have you heard him talk basketball? Brilliant.

Of course. That's what he was born to do but he's one of the best at crossing over into other sports. He knows where his limitations are at better than anybody I've ever heard in radio. Almost NOBODY in radio today has that ability to know where they need to shut up and let other people speak given topics.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#266 » by thesack12 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 7:53 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Even with changed behavior, this is why Chip Kelly never had a shot with 49ers

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/even-with-changed-behavior-this-is-why-chip-kelly-never-had-a-shot-with-49ers-232607163.html

Obviously not the theme of the article, but the content further indicates that Marathe is much more a part of the problem than the solution.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#267 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Jan 4, 2017 8:18 pm

CHIP KELLY DISPUTES NOTION THAT HE AND TRENT BAALKE DID NOT GET ALONG

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/chip-kelly-disputes-notion-he-and-trent-baalke-did-not-get-along
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#268 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 9:14 pm

thesack12 wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:Even with changed behavior, this is why Chip Kelly never had a shot with 49ers

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/even-with-changed-behavior-this-is-why-chip-kelly-never-had-a-shot-with-49ers-232607163.html

Obviously not the theme of the article, but the content further indicates that Marathe is much more a part of the problem than the solution.

100% agree with this Marathe's experience is a finance guy from Bain Capital. He couldn't tell the difference between a football and a grapefruit and the York's have given him much more power than he should have. Marathe is part of the problem. He is arrogant also. If I was in charge, he would be one of the first ones out the door
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#269 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Jan 4, 2017 9:36 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

100% agree with this Marathe's experience is a finance guy from Bain Capital. He couldn't tell the difference between a football and a grapefruit and the York's have given him much more power than he should have. Marathe is part of the problem. He is arrogant also. If I was in charge, he would be one of the first ones out the door

It's funny. Arrogance is a common trait in front offices IMO. Now, there's many different kinds of arrogance and some guys are better at keeping theirs out of the picture for the betterment of the team, but I think it would disgust a lot of fans if they knew more about the personalities of a lot of these guys who work under these owners IMO.

Again, if fans were able to somehow obtain a view of how a lot of these organizations are structured then maybe they wouldn't have the same type of view where theirs is so infested or populated with positive trait X or negative trait Y and maybe it wouldn't quite bug them so much. Who knows? Maybe it would still. I don't know that yet.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#271 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 9:52 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

It's funny. Arrogance is a common trait in front offices IMO. Now, there's many different kinds of arrogance and some guys are better at keeping theirs out of the picture for the betterment of the team, but I think it would disgust a lot of fans if they knew more about the personalities of a lot of these guys who work under these owners IMO.

Again, if fans were able to somehow obtain a view of how a lot of these organizations are structured then maybe they wouldn't have the same type of view where theirs is so infested or populated with positive trait X or negative trait Y and maybe it wouldn't quite bug them so much. Who knows? Maybe it would still. I don't know that yet.

Marathe once said in an interview that being an NFL GM is not that difficult and that he (Marathe) could do the job. I wouldn't let him near the office. We can quibble about what went wrong but what is clear is the results. This team went 2-14 and the FO is directly responsible for that
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#272 » by wco81 » Thu Jan 5, 2017 4:16 am

Yorks won't put him in the job, even though John York said 10 years ago he could be a GM some day.

Because when he inevitably fails at it, they'd have to fire him from the organization. He really thinks he knows better than men who've been in the game for decades.

They're loyal and insular to the flunkeys around him and they don't want to get rid of him. Maybe he makes some great Chicken Tikka Masala or something.
wartyOne
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#273 » by wartyOne » Fri Jan 6, 2017 5:29 am

Absolutely fantastic.

I wouldn't recommend that. Think of how much damage that would cause to $16 can of Bud Light sales.

:D
wartyOne
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#274 » by wartyOne » Fri Jan 6, 2017 5:58 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

Marathe once said in an interview that being an NFL GM is not that difficult and that he (Marathe) could do the job. I wouldn't let him near the office. We can quibble about what went wrong but what is clear is the results. This team went 2-14 and the FO is directly responsible for that

What's the deal with having him around for the HC/GM interviews, anyway? I thought he was "repositioned" to some minor league soccer team. Was that just a temporary hand slap?

Frankly, if the goal is demonstrating to candidates that we've turned the page and want to win, I don't see any benefit from having him sitting next to Jed during the interviews. I think even the one clown is probably too many. Jed certainly doesn't need a second one representing the franchise.
49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#275 » by 49er4life1979 » Fri Jan 6, 2017 4:05 pm

wco81 wrote:Yorks won't put him in the job, even though John York said 10 years ago he could be a GM some day.

Because when he inevitably fails at it, they'd have to fire him from the organization. He really thinks he knows better than men who've been in the game for decades.

They're loyal and insular to the flunkeys around him and they don't want to get rid of him. Maybe he makes some great Chicken Tikka Masala or something.

Paarag is basically John York's adoped son lol. SO no, he wont be GM. If he fails like you said, they have to can him.
49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#276 » by 49er4life1979 » Fri Jan 6, 2017 4:06 pm

49er4life1979 wrote:
wco81 wrote:Yorks won't put him in the job, even though John York said 10 years ago he could be a GM some day.

Paarag is basically John York's adopted son lol. SO no, he wont be GM. If he fails like you said, they have to can him.

Return to San Francisco 49ers