Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#1 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:04 am

**** the Giants. Bring on the Cowboys.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Re: Giants PG - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#2 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:05 am

Please let Jordy somehow not be out for the rest of the postseason.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,225

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#3 » by Matches Malone » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:08 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Re: Giants PG - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#4 » by chuckleslove » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:08 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Please let Jordy somehow not be out for the rest of the postseason.

I'm hoping its something he can put a flak jacket on and play through will definitely be waiting nervously to hear the diagnosis.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#5 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:08 am

Dallas is going to be a tough task. I'm hoping for a 1st playoff game choke from Dak, but their O-line and running game is so good that they can usually keep him from having to do too much by himself.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#6 » by Iheartfootball » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:10 am

It's gonna be a close game next weekend. If the defense or special teams can win the turnover battle I think the Packers win.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,314

Post#7 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:10 am

Every time I make a bad pun, blame this guy. I went to school with him.

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,072

Post#8 » by rilamann » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:12 am

If we end up in the Super Bowl our easiest opponent might come in the NFC Championship game,at least IMO.

Dallas is going to be tough,defense will have to probably play their best game of the season,if they do we'll win.Huge if though.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#9 » by Bernman » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:16 am

trwi7 wrote:Every time I make a bad pun, blame this guy. I went to school with him.

Read on Twitter

That's so awful it's awesome.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#10 » by Bernman » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:18 am

It feels good to exorcise one demon. Winning in Dallas in the playoffs would be another one in a way, but that's an old standard. It would feel good afterward to exorcise another at Seattle, but I'd prefer to avoid them altogether and play in Atlanta, if we get that far. We have some good recent memories there.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#11 » by bizarro » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:19 am

The pummeling of the Seabirds weeks ago was the healing I needed to atone for the past grievous losses. Shellacking the Dwarves was atonement for 2011 and a certain playoff game w Favre at the helm. A victory in dallas would heal those awful playoff games vs. the jimmy Johnson led Cowboys in the 90's. Let's keep tearing these lingering monkeys off our backs!
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#12 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:24 am

trwi7 wrote:Every time I make a bad pun, blame this guy. I went to school with him.

Read on Twitter

How is that a bad pun??

ETA any more so than any pun
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#13 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:24 am

Good win.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#14 » by FAH1223 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:25 am

Our best hope is for Dak and Zeke to play like rookies in their first playoff game with mistakes.

I don't see how our DL/LB corp can penetrate that wall of an OL that the Cowboys have.

The Cowboys will be able to exploit our secondary. Maybe Rollins passes concussion protocol and can be another body. It's going to be Dez vs. Gunter and we saw how they picked on Gunter in the first meeting and exploited his lack of speed.

Terrence Williams over the middle and catching one for a long TD or Witten's steady hand are big, big plays that are just ready to be exploited. Dom Capers will further embarrass us next week IMO.

Luckily, the Cowboys defense isn't as good as NYG. We also had a lot of turnovers in that first game.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#15 » by chonestown » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:27 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Good win.

<flagged for inflammatory content>
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#16 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:28 am

rilamann wrote:If we end up in the Super Bowl our easiest opponent might come in the NFC Championship game,at least IMO.

Dallas is going to be tough,defense will have to probably play their best game of the season,if they do we'll win.Huge if though.

I already told my friends I'd rather just lose to Dallas next week then lose another NFC championship game in Seattle.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,149

Post#17 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:30 am

Well its good to know people are sticking by the "Dom Capers will screw us over in the end" mantra

Yeah we got lucky with a few drops in the 1st half but giving up 7 the entire 2nd, which may not have happened had MM simply punted instead of staying aggressive like so many want, isn't bad in the least. In fact it's quite the opposite

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#18 » by chuckleslove » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:31 am

RRyder823 wrote:Well its good to know people are sticking by the "Dom Capers will screw us over in the end" mantra

Yeah we got lucky with a few drops in the 1st half but giving up 7 the entire 2nd which may not have happened had MM simply punted instead of staying aggressive like so many want isn't bad in the least. In fact it's quite the opposite

Was thinking the same thing, especially given the skeleton crew we have in the secondary.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,149

Re: RE: Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#19 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:33 am

chuckleslove wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:Well its good to know people are sticking by the "Dom Capers will screw us over in the end" mantra

Yeah we got lucky with a few drops in the 1st half but giving up 7 the entire 2nd which may not have happened had MM simply punted instead of staying aggressive like so many want isn't bad in the least. In fact it's quite the opposite

Was thinking the same thing, especially given the skeleton crew we have in the secondary.

Right.

Even more impressive considering the orginzation doesn't prioritize winning

thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#20 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:34 am

FAH1223 wrote:Our best hope is for Dak and Zeke to play like rookies in their first playoff game with mistakes.

I don't see how our DL/LB corp can penetrate that wall of an OL that the Cowboys have.

The Cowboys will be able to exploit our secondary. Maybe Rollins passes concussion protocol and can be another body. It's going to be Dez vs. Gunter and we saw how they picked on Gunter in the first meeting and exploited his lack of speed.

Terrence Williams over the middle and catching one for a long TD or Witten's steady hand are big, big plays that are just ready to be exploited. Dom Capers will further embarrass us next week IMO.

Luckily, the Cowboys defense isn't as good as NYG. We also had a lot of turnovers in that first game.

Hopefully we can put some points on them early and make them play from behind, thus putting pressure on their rook QB and taking away some of their running game. Because their type of offense is Capers' kryponite- a good running team with a mobile QB who mainly dinks and dunks and is hard to pressure- that kind of team has traditionally been hard for us to stop.

I'm not sure if their D is worse than the Giants- their secondary isn't as good for sure. But I think their pass-rush is much better (just based on eye-test, not looking at stats) which is a problem for us.

Return to Green Bay Packers