ImageImage

College Football 2016

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,168
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: College Football 2016 

Post#321 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:48 pm

trwi7 wrote:Looks to me like he fell because he was grabbed around the shoulders and pulled. Lost his balance because he wasn't expecting that.

He also kinda plowed right into him. I'm not saying that Bama guy didn't kinda pull him down, but watching pick plays, there seems to be an art that these guys are taught to try to sell it. The Bama guy held inside position and the Clemson guy didn't bother going around him in any way as I probably would if I was trying to get open for a pass.

Sometimes when I see them, the WR will take his slant route and then just kinda stop right in the middle of both defenders and get as wide as possible pretending he's trying to turn for the pass. Point is, their entire goal is to muck up both defenders.

On the penalty that we thought may open the door for WMU to come back into the game in the Cotton Bowl, was it Fumagalli running over the middle and he got called for a pick? He sold it as if he was running his route and, "oops, I plowed right into him and kinda just kept going to take him down...but he was right in the way of my route!"

All of that said, I'm generally on the more liberal side of allowing these pick plays just given how impossible it is to judge them. I don't know what you can do about it, to be honest. I wouldn't have thrown the flag.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,168
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#322 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:54 pm

Yeah, watch the video on slow-mo or pause it a few times. The defender puts his hands on the guy and the guy basically just leans forward, pushing both of them off balance...then he goes and bends over and runs on all fours for a few yards. Maybe the defender pulled him down, but it doesn't look like it was all that forceful to me...and the Clemson guy kept pushing on all fours as I said after he went down.

This all should have been moot. Bama should have just employed the "tackle/hold all WRs until the play is over" strategy and forced a FG.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#323 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:32 am

Sounds like Wilcox may get the head coaching gig at Cal.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#324 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:12 am

Props to Wilcox for somehow going from a being fired as the DC at USC to head coach of Cal in a year. He did a nice job but Aranda also left the cupboard pretty well stocked for him too. I would imagine UW might promote from within this time, perhaps Tim Tibesar.

Return to Green Bay Packers