ImageImage

Aikman Responds to Petition to Ban him from Packer Games

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

dogswithbeesintheirmouths
Head Coach
And1: 1,985

Re: Aikman Responds to Petition to Ban him from Packer Games 

Post#21 » by dogswithbeesintheirmouths » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:19 pm

I think they are good announcers. Sometimes when they're discussing a replay or penalty or something they come up with head-scratching conclusions. They might sloppily focus on fitting the action into some lame narrative, but all announcers do that now. Who cares.

If you want someone truly horrible, try watching a college basketball game called by Jim Calhoun. I literally shut the Badgers game off after 5 minutes last night because I couldn't tolerate his inane, incomprehensible babbling. It's like if you started with Bill Walton and got him totally drunk and punched him in the head a bunch of times you end up with Calhoun.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#22 » by El Duderino » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:22 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:I'm actually a big fan of Buck & Aikman. What other crew would you take over them in the NFL? Nantz and brain dead/idiot Simms? Maybe Michaels and Collinsworth, but I feel like Collinsworth (especially the last year or so) has kind of morphed into Jon Gruden. The other teams besides Buck & Aikman on FOX aren't very good -- Burkhardt & Lynch are their B team. They're okay, but I still prefer Buck & Aikman over them. The rest of the crews on FOX are pretty bad. Eagle & Fouts on CBS are good, but likewise, they have the same sort of issue over there.

The rap that Buck gets from all sorts of teams' fans is pretty remarkable. He's not an announcing GOAT, but he's really solid, especially this day in age.

I like Buck & Aikman also. To me Troy is right there with Collinsworth as the best color announcer in football.

The people who say these guys are biased are likely the same people in game threads who constantly complain that the other team is holding, but never say the same thing about their team. Just a bunch of idiots.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#23 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:27 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:CBS' lineup is the worst. Nantz is ok, but Simms is horrible. And the rest of their lineup is very weak.

I actually think Ian Eagle is the best guy CBS has but I'm really glad the Packers are an NFC team because CBS in general is horrible.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,219

Post#24 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:35 pm

humanrefutation wrote:All this whining about coastal bias in Wisconsin should not apply to the Packers. The Packers are probably the media's most favored NFL - if not sports in general - franchise over the past 20 years.

Agreed. I love Lambeau, it's a great place to watch a game, great history, small town yada yada but I get tired of hearing about it.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#25 » by WRau1 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:09 am

It's only the casual fans that don't like them. All the fat, old white ladies who favorite player is Donald Driver because he was on Dancing With the Stars. They can all go to hell. Along with the old season ticket holders at Lambeau that yell and get security when you stand and cheer loudly at games.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
sidney moncrief
Junior
And1: 186

Post#26 » by sidney moncrief » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:15 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:CBS' lineup is the worst. Nantz is ok, but Simms is horrible. And the rest of their lineup is very weak.

I actually think CBS is a much stronger lineup than FOX. Eagle/Fouts is probably my favorite crew in the league, Buck/Aikman being my #2. I mean CBS has Harlan/Gannon as their #4 team, compared to Chris Myers and Ronde Barber on FOX. That's not even a fair comparison.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,166
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#27 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:33 am

Yeah I do think CBS is solid down the list. Maybe Simms is annoying, but basically after the #2 team on FOX you get comically bad idiots that barely understand the game like Myers and Stockton.
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#28 » by Xanadu » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:18 am

I just don't like them and I have no real reason. They just rub me the wrong way but that might be because I love our local radio guys in Wayne and Larry. They make me feel warm and fuzzy. But yeah this is stupid and doesn't even make sense. I really hate Buck though again just don't like the guy. Its not like he is super terrible or has even a slight bias. To me listening to the locals makes it more fun because its like they genuinely feel as you do good or bad. I like my announcers biased in the Packs favor because you know what I am biased.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#29 » by BUCKnation » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:46 am

Thought they called a good game tonight in the few minutes I wasn't freaking out.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 380

Post#30 » by James1980 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Buck saying the Momentum has swung to Dallas a couple times was annoying, one time we were up 15 I think.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,166
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#31 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:39 pm

James1980 wrote:Buck saying the Momentum has swung to Dallas a couple times was annoying, one time we were up 15 I think.

Was it annoying because he was right?
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,696

Post#32 » by jimmybones » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:40 pm

th87 wrote:This is seriously the dumbest thing ever. I have never seen any indication of overt bias, and most certainly not enough to sign a freaking petition over. Wow.

Agreed, pretty embarrassing to be honest.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#33 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Indeed, embarrassing.
Go Bucks!
James1980
Veteran
And1: 380

Post#34 » by James1980 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
James1980 wrote:Buck saying the Momentum has swung to Dallas a couple times was annoying, one time we were up 15 I think.

Was it annoying because he was right?

Thought he was right once and wrong the other.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#35 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:56 am

Wasn't the time we were up 15 because Rodgers threw the INT? That was a pretty huge momentum swing. Driving in a position to get at least 3 and make it a 3 score game to turning it over and the Cowboys having possession around midfield.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,255

Post#36 » by GBPackers47 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:31 pm

I'm not a fan of either Buck or Aikman, but the people that scream overt bias are the people that talk about the Packers on Facebook instead of RealGM.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#37 » by bdpecore » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:46 pm

trwi7 wrote:

Wasn't the time we were up 15 because Rodgers threw the INT? That was a pretty huge momentum swing. Driving in a position to get at least 3 and make it a 3 score game to turning it over and the Cowboys having possession around midfield.

Yeah going from a possible 3 score lead to 1 score lead would have been huge" momentum builder for Dallas.

I watch almost every game and never understood the hate some fans have towards Buck and Aikman. I much prefer listening to them than Madden who constantly raved about Farve. Now that was annoying.

Return to Green Bay Packers