WWE United Kingdom Championship Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,941

Re: WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament (Jan 14th & 15th) 

Post#21 » by iMoreland » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:45 pm

Haven't gotten to watch this yet, but

TOMMY END DEBUTED? WTF?
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#22 » by improper » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:30 am

Well, Triple H delivers us another great event. Day one was good, with one standout match (Bate/Tucker), one really good match (Wolfgang/T-Bone), several quality matches, and no real duds. They also set the stage for Dunne to be the tournament's heel, and rode the love for Bate into day two by pushing him as the main face. I was actually impressed with how they got the crowd to turn on Dunne over the course of two days. He was getting cheered during his day one match, but by the finals the crowd was firmly against him. Excellent manipulation there.

Day two gave us what will probably go down as two of the better matches this year. The Bate/Dunne finals were fantastic, and I thought Dunne/Andrews stole the show and was the best match of the weekend. They made it look like they wanted to kill each other, and Andrews flopped and sold like a champ.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#23 » by studcrackers » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:31 am

Bate was phenomenal. and to think he's only 19. his strength for a guy his size is great. also think he wrestles larger than he's listed.

Dunne is so hateable. he was the only guy i knew to start this tourney cause i watched a match of him and jack gallagher and his look alone makes him so easy to hate, something im not sure ive seen since a guy like the Miz where you legit want to see a guy get his ass kicked.

very fun tourney. idk where they go from here, if they're tryin to do a world wide territory thing owned by the wwe or what but this was a blast. id love to see a show in the UK
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#24 » by Spens1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:58 am

Wait what? Bate won, ok then.

Surprised Seven got eliminated so early and Wolfgang did as well as he did. Oh well.

Dunne surely is getting signed also (especially with this PROGRESS angle, which probably will lead him to dropping that title soon). I mean WWE surely are going to sign him now (Crusierweight, NXT heel?)

either way it sounds like a decent tornuament if not a bit light.

Also on HHH, it would have been great that instead of being such a self mark and pushing his face out on everything, that he returned and help build that damn main event storyline thats gotten none since September.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#25 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Meltzer reported that each of the 16 participants in the tournament signed contracts with WWE for just under $20k. Didn't say how long/how many dates they agreed to in the contracts.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by improper » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Spens1 wrote:Also on HHH, it would have been great that instead of being such a self mark and pushing his face out on everything, that he returned and help build that damn main event storyline thats gotten none since September.

Well, he's going to be on Raw tonight, so I guess you'll get your wish.

Personally, I'm fine with him being off TV for the most part and focusing on putting together incredible wrestling tournaments and running NXT. I imagine he wouldn't even have gotten involved in the title scene when he did except for the fact that they needed to make a big swerve when Balor got hurt, and Triple H coming back after months off to screw over Rollins provided that.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#27 » by studcrackers » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:Meltzer reported that each of the 16 participants in the tournament signed contracts with WWE for just under $20k. Didn't say how long/how many dates they agreed to in the contracts.

I thought that was just for the tourney
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:17 pm

I love how people will find any way possible to dog HHH. When he's on tv involved in main event storylines it's "he just can't stay away from the spotlight, and he buries everyone". And now that he's out of the spotlight he's getting **** for being away and being a "self mark". Do you think that Vince McMahon has nothing to say about where HHH is to focus his time and efforts?
Spens1
RealGM

Post#29 » by Spens1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:00 am

improper wrote:
Spens1 wrote:Also on HHH, it would have been great that instead of being such a self mark and pushing his face out on everything, that he returned and help build that damn main event storyline thats gotten none since September.

Well, he's going to be on Raw tonight, so I guess you'll get your wish.

Personally, I'm fine with him being off TV for the most part and focusing on putting together incredible wrestling tournaments and running NXT. I imagine he wouldn't even have gotten involved in the title scene when he did except for the fact that they needed to make a big swerve when Balor got hurt, and Triple H coming back after months off to screw over Rollins provided that.

that is fine, in fact i wish he did more then that but this is probably the one time he really needed to get himself onto TV, especially since the storyline became all about him when he screwed Roman and Rollins to hand Owens that title.

Yeah i imagine if Balor was there they would have had completely different storyline's (probably better ones tbh)
Spens1
RealGM

Post#30 » by Spens1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:02 am

Dunthreevy wrote:I love how people will find any way possible to dog HHH. When he's on tv involved in main event storylines it's "he just can't stay away from the spotlight, and he buries everyone". And now that he's out of the spotlight he's getting **** for being away and being a "self mark". Do you think that Vince McMahon has nothing to say about where HHH is to focus his time and efforts?

HHH probably has more than enough pull to convince Vince about things.

Like i said i hate him being in the main event storyline if their was no reason for it. However the way it happened, he needed to get on TV months ago.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by improper » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Spens1 wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:I love how people will find any way possible to dog HHH. When he's on tv involved in main event storylines it's "he just can't stay away from the spotlight, and he buries everyone". And now that he's out of the spotlight he's getting **** for being away and being a "self mark". Do you think that Vince McMahon has nothing to say about where HHH is to focus his time and efforts?

Like i said i hate him being in the main event storyline if their was no reason for it. However the way it happened, he needed to get on TV months ago.

He's not in the main event storyline, though. His feud with Rollins is not going to main event Wrestlemania. He's effectively in a mid-card feud.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#32 » by Spens1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:38 am

improper wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

He's not in the main event storyline, though. His feud with Rollins is not going to main event Wrestlemania. He's effectively in a mid-card feud.

its not the main event currently, but it was then, i mean even now it would be upper mid card, probably the 2nd most important non-title match
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Re: WWE United Kingdom Championship Discussion 

Post#33 » by LittleOzzy » Sat May 20, 2017 2:06 am

Anyone watch today's special?

JR's a little slower now, but he's still got it. Made the show worth watching.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by improper » Sat May 20, 2017 8:43 am

The Bate/Andrews match was fantastic. Seven and Dunne was good too.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Dunthreevy » Sat May 20, 2017 4:50 pm

Enjoyed the new show a lot, other than the crowd going into business for themselves DURING THE **** MAIN EVENT.

Pretty stoked to see Bate v. Dunne Pt. 2 at Takeover: Chicago tonight.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#36 » by studcrackers » Sat May 20, 2017 5:56 pm

studcrackers wrote:Bate was phenomenal. and to think he's only 19. his strength for a guy his size is great. also think he wrestles larger than he's listed.

Dunne is so hateable. he was the only guy i knew to start this tourney cause i watched a match of him and jack gallagher and his look alone makes him so easy to hate, something im not sure ive seen since a guy like the Miz where you legit want to see a guy get his ass kicked.

very fun tourney. idk where they go from here, if they're tryin to do a world wide territory thing owned by the wwe or what but this was a blast. id love to see a show in the UK

I'll echo again what I said about Dunne 5 months ago. He's very good at his job and if he ever gets the call up to the big leagues, I hope he's not just put in the cruiserweights

Return to Pro Wrestling