Zach Collins

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Chriscross
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,190

Zach Collins 

Post#1 » by Chriscross » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:49 pm

What are your thoughts on Zach Collins and what his potential could be in the NBA?
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: Zach Collins 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Wrong forum
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Chriscross
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by Chriscross » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:50 am

Any thoughts on Collins?
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#4 » by Marcus » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:33 am

skywalker33 wrote:Wrong forum

Draft prospect in a draft forum not sure how it's wrong.

On topic. Haven't seen enough of Collins to really say but seems like his name is rising for the 2018 draft so I will be keeping tabs.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Chriscross
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by Chriscross » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:56 am

Marcus wrote:

On topic. Haven't seen enough of Collins to really say but seems like his name is rising for the 2018 draft so I will be keeping tabs.

I accidentally posted it in the mock draft section
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Marcus » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:03 am

Chriscross wrote:
Marcus wrote:

I accidentally posted it in the mock draft section

Ahhh that makes sense.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Chriscross
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by Chriscross » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:14 am

Anything on this fella?
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
pantalones
Junior
And1: 220

Post#8 » by pantalones » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:02 pm

10/6 on 5/5 shooting in 20 minutes last night. I'm a diehard Zags fan for 20 years (I've seen them all over the country) and this guy is a s skilled as any big man frosh that we've ever had. Great motor, advanced offensive moves for a young guy, can stretch the floor and is a very good rebounder. He backed up Jeter and Zimmerman in high school, but is way better than both.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400915844
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#9 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:54 pm

pantalones wrote:10/6 on 5/5 shooting in 20 minutes last night. I'm a diehard Zags fan for 20 years (I've seen them all over the country) and this guy is a s skilled as any big man frosh that we've ever had. Great motor, advanced offensive moves for a young guy, can stretch the floor and is a very good rebounder. He backed up Jeter and Zimmerman in high school, but is way better than both.

He's one of the top few center prospects in the nation imo, and he still comes off the bench. Zagz are freakin loaded. After Markkanen, I'd say he's the best offensive center prospect in the nation.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
pantalones
Junior

Post#10 » by pantalones » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Ruzious wrote:
pantalones wrote:10/6 on 5/5 shooting in 20 minutes last night. I'm a diehard Zags fan for 20 years (I've seen them all over the country) and this guy is a s skilled as any big man frosh that we've ever had. Great motor, advanced offensive moves for a young guy, can stretch the floor and is a very good rebounder. He backed up Jeter and Zimmerman in high school, but is way better than both.

He's one of the top few center prospects in the nation imo, and he still comes off the bench. Zagz are freakin loaded. After Markkanen, I'd say he's the best offensive center prospect in the nation.

he actually outplayed Markenen in 15 less minutes when they matched up.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400915547
pantalones
Junior

Post#11 » by pantalones » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:37 pm

14 points, 6 rebs, 2 blocks on 5/5 shooting in 19 minutes in their blowout win over Pepperdine.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400915853
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Marcus » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:08 pm

Projected to leave next year when he has a more prominent role on the team. Would like to see how he compares with the crop of bigs coming in.
Watch More Basketball

pantalones
Junior

Post#13 » by pantalones » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:38 pm

Marcus wrote:Projected to leave next year when he has a more prominent role on the team. Would like to see how he compares with the crop of bigs coming in.

Not anymore. NBA drafts on potential and there were a ton of scouts at the Pepperdine game. Rumor is, he'll be the Zags first one and done. As a Zags fan, I hope not, but can't blame him if he's lotto or mid 1st round.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:28 pm

pantalones wrote:
Marcus wrote:Projected to leave next year when he has a more prominent role on the team. Would like to see how he compares with the crop of bigs coming in.

Not anymore. NBA drafts on potential and there were a ton of scouts at the Pepperdine game. Rumor is, he'll be the Zags first one and done. As a Zags fan, I hope not, but can't blame him if he's lotto or mid 1st round.

Zach and John Collins could both end up in the 2017 lotto - both favorites of mine. I'd like to see Zach wait a year so he can add a year of physical maturity and confidence.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#15 » by GimmeDat » Wed Feb 1, 2017 12:00 am

I've seen very little of both Zach and John Collins - how do people rate them in comparison to someone like Patton, for instance?
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#16 » by No-Man » Wed Feb 1, 2017 3:00 pm

I like him but still with a grain of salt, needs to improve a ton in terms of reading the game, he wants to score all the time, and his defense looks okay, but def needs strength, has a big body, but I have my doubts.

John otoh looks like a back-up big, really skilled, can face-up, create his own offense, but is not your ideal athletic big that can do multiple things on defense, and he isn't all that versatile.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#17 » by No-Man » Wed Feb 1, 2017 3:05 pm

Ruzious wrote:
pantalones wrote:

Zach and John Collins could both end up in the 2017 lotto - both favorites of mine. I'd like to see Zach wait a year so he can add a year of physical maturity and confidence.

I literally see 0 venue for John Collins to end up in the lotto honestly.
Zach could, but he needs to show improvement in several areas, his awareness isnt there and his effort isnt the same on one side than on the other, same with and without touches.
his archetype doesnt really help his case either.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#18 » by No-Man » Wed Feb 1, 2017 3:06 pm

GimmeDat wrote:I've seen very little of both Zach and John Collins - how do people rate them in comparison to someone like Patton, for instance?

I think Patton has flashed better stuff than Zach, on the post and passing, plus he has better athletic tools and length, they are somewhat similar actually.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 1, 2017 3:28 pm

Fischella wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
pantalones wrote:

Zach could, but he needs to show improvement in several areas, his awareness isnt there and his effort isnt the same on one side than on the other, same with and without touches.

I've never heard the word archetype in evaluating a prospect - not sure what you mean by it.

As far as John Collins, I probably would have agreed with you a month ago, but his recent stats have been remarkable, and he's younger than a lot of freshmen. I think he's going to zoom up all of the mocks and has a good chance at getting in the lotery. A lot will depend on how he measures at the combine. I'd guess he's 6'10 235 now with the frame to add more weight. But I don't know his length. I'm not very concerned about the fouling trouble he's had, because the ACC calls every little touch foul. He needs to improve defensively, but he has made progress, and I expect he'll continue to. Offensively, he's obviously not a stretch 4, but he's been unstoppable and gets to the line at a tremendous rate.
pantalones
Junior

Post#20 » by pantalones » Wed Feb 1, 2017 5:29 pm

Fischella wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
pantalones wrote:

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I know that you're your own biggest fan and I've never seen you admit that you're wrong about something, but you're dead wrong about this. One of ZC's best assets is his motor; he never quits. His awareness is uncanny for a true freshman. I've been a diehard Zag fan for 20 years and know that I'm predisposed to bias, but being objective, the only thing he has to work on is silly fouls (like most freshman) and building muscle (like most freshman).

Return to NBA Draft