ImageImageImageImageImage

AND WITH THE SECOND OVERALL PICK OF THE 2017 NFL DRAFT...

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

AND WITH THE SECOND OVERALL PICK OF THE 2017 NFL DRAFT... 

Post#1 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:28 pm

THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ers SELECT: MYLES GARRETT, Defensive End, Texas A&M University.

Rationale:
The Denver Broncos should have the #1 overall pick next year. They will have a hard time finding a trading partner - No QB worth getting / trading up for with the 1st overall pick. We have too many young players on the roster to really compete with anyone this upcoming season. No real QB on our roster yet to really make a playoff run. I just think either the Browns or the Broncos will end up with the #1 overall pick.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Re: AND WITH THE SECOND OVERALL PICK OF THE 2017 NFL DRAFT... 

Post#2 » by NinerSickness » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:51 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:The Denver Broncos should have the #1 overall pick next year.

I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#3 » by I_am_1z » Sun May 1, 2016 12:05 am

The Browns future is Cody Kessler. How does that NOT warrant automatic #1 overall? Jets if they don't sign Fitzpatrick soon, could also be in play for a top three pick. The Giants did nothing to improve their OL or DL, I guess they're playing small ball in the wrong league. Denver is good even if they don't resign Von Miller though. Gabbert can MANAGE as we saw last year. If Hyde is 100% and OL is ONLY slightly below average, then we're trending upward.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by NinerSickness » Sun May 1, 2016 12:13 am

I_am_1z wrote:The Browns future is Cody Kessler.

And that's why they're the Browns.
RedneckNiner
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#5 » by RedneckNiner » Tue May 3, 2016 1:40 pm

And the Browns made the Niners their bitches last year....So its rather hard to talk ****. That was an embarrassing loss.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#6 » by Warriorfan » Sun May 8, 2016 11:43 pm

Warriors trade 2nd pick for a boat load of future ones in order to continue to rebuild.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#7 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:10 pm

I made this post back in April of 2016...way before the season had even started, yet I accurately predicted that we were going to have the #2 pick of the draft. Though I was dead wrong with Broncos having the #1 pick. lol. How could I have not seen the Browns...that was too easy of a prediction but yet I chose the Broncos?? smh.

Anyway, there's still a good chance that we land Garrett. It seems unlikely that that will happen, but I've been on target so far with our predictions pertaining to the 9ers.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#8 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:47 pm

if you lie and your predictions fall short again, i will be very sad....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by NinerSickness » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:34 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:I made this post back in April of 2016...way before the season had even started, yet I accurately predicted that we were going to have the #2 pick of the draft.

Nice call, Bingo. I stand by my dog-tilting-his-head gif w/ Denver, but you nailed the Niners (like every team not called the Rams).

I'd be happy if your Garrett prediction is right, but I still want Mitch.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#10 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:10 am

Trub/Kizer, or a trade down and take Corey Davis and O.J. Howard and nab Brett Hundley from the Packers.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by NinerSickness » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:21 am

clyde21 wrote:Trub/Kizer, or a trade down and take Corey Davis and O.J. Howard and nab Brett Hundley from the Packers.

I was with you until you said Brett Hundley. Image

Trade down to the 10-15 range and take either Corey, Cam Robinson, Malik Hooker or Marlon Humphrey (in that order).
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#12 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:10 am

NinerSickness wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Trub/Kizer, or a trade down and take Corey Davis and O.J. Howard and nab Brett Hundley from the Packers.

Trade down to the 10-15 range and take either Corey, Cam Robinson, Malik Hooker or Marlon Humphrey (in that order).

Sick, I love me some Malik Hooker too. Kid is a beast. The second best safety in this class, Jamal Adams, is a better player than Landon Collins who's a great player in the league. Like Clyde said, this draft class is stupid deep.

Anyway, Sick, why Humphrey? We don't need a cornerback at all. Would we like to draft a Lattimore? Of course. Do we need him? Absolutely not. We have more pressing needs right now. I want to continue to develop the young corners we have on our roster now.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by NinerSickness » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:15 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

Sick, I love me some Malik Hooker too. Kid is a beast. The second best safety in this class, Jamal Adams, is a better player than Landon Collins who's a great player in the league. Like Clyde said, this draft class is stupid deep.

Anyway, Sick, why Humphrey? We don't need a cornerback at all. Would we like to draft a Lattimore? Of course. Do we need him? Absolutely not. We have more pressing needs right now. I want to continue to develop the young corners we have on our roster now.

Why Humphrey? Well, he's 4th on that list, but I just think he's going to be an absolute stud in the NFL. And you can always use a CB of that caliber. Especially if you're getting more picks from trading down. A defense w/ a true, #1 CB w/ a good front 7 is an absolute pain in the a** for offenses. The Jets almost got to a SB w/ that and nothing else.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#14 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:05 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

Why Humphrey? Well, he's 4th on that list, but I just think he's going to be an absolute stud in the NFL. And you can always use a CB of that caliber. Especially if you're getting more picks from trading down. A defense w/ a true, #1 CB w/ a good front 7 is an absolute pain in the a** for offenses. The Jets almost got to a SB w/ that and nothing else.

Humphrey is probably the fastest and physically gifted corner in this class, but he's not as technically sound as players like Teez Tabor, Sidney Jones, and Quincy Wilson--and he's not as instinctive nor does he have the same upside as Lattimore. He's a darn good player but I'd pass on him if we were to trade down because I'm no longer certain that he's the best in this class.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by NinerSickness » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:03 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Humphrey is probably the fastest and physically gifted corner in this class, but he's not as technically sound as players like Teez Tabor

Teez nuts.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#16 » by clyde21 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:56 am

NinerSickness wrote:

Likeed Hundley coming out as a developmental type. Tremendous arm talent and has some savvyness to his game. Would love to see what he has now sitting in the NFL behind a star QB.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#17 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:01 pm

clyde21 wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

Likeed Hundley coming out as a developmental type. Tremendous arm talent and has some savvyness to his game. Would love to see what he has now sitting in the NFL behind a star QB.

I feel the same exact way about him (as a prospect) and where he is at now in his career (has had the time to develop his game...learning to play in the pocket and be more efficient as a passer / reading defenses). Thus, I'd be willing to trade for him if the price was right. If we were to draft both Myles Garrett and Tim Williams, I would contact the Packers to see if they are willing to part ways with Hundley. I'd be more than willing to give up Aaron Lynch for him, and maybe a conditional pick as well (future 6th or 5th), because Lynch already has a 4 game suspension in his resume.
Rvnight18
Bench Warmer
And1: 15

Post#18 » by Rvnight18 » Sun Feb 5, 2017 7:20 pm

I trade down down down.

I'm looking to the Browns. They have the possibility of taking their top two players in this draft if they want. They have the 12th, 33, and 52 overall picks this year I believe.

I offer them our 2nd overall for their 12th, 33, and first next year. They get their QB and Garrett and still have a second round pick in this draft.

We draft Corey Davis at 12, MLBer at 33 (Hassen Reddick? Think he can play MLB?) and at 34 T.J Watt. Then with our 3rd I grab Patt Eflien.

Now we have 2 firsts next year that could both be top 10 picks and a good chance one is top 3. Ammo to get that QB.

Is this outrageous and I'm drunk?
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,209

Post#19 » by thesack12 » Sun Feb 5, 2017 11:24 pm

Rvnight18 wrote:I trade down down down.

I'm looking to the Browns. They have the possibility of taking their top two players in this draft if they want. They have the 12th, 33, and 52 overall picks this year I believe.

I offer them our 2nd overall for their 12th, 33, and first next year. They get their QB and Garrett and still have a second round pick in this draft.

We draft Corey Davis at 12, MLBer at 33 (Hassen Reddick? Think he can play MLB?) and at 34 T.J Watt. Then with our 3rd I grab Patt Eflien.

Now we have 2 firsts next year that could both be top 10 picks and a good chance one is top 3. Ammo to get that QB.

Short of Hue being absolutely head over heels in love with Garret and Watson or Trubisky, I see no way Cleveland entertains this. They could get Garoppolo for much cheaper.

Would be damn sweet though.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#20 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Feb 6, 2017 6:11 pm

Rvnight18 wrote:I trade down down down.

If Garrett is gone, then I could live with a scenario like that. ALL because it puts in a great position to land our franchise QB in 2018.

Return to San Francisco 49ers