ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The WWE Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2281 » by spree8 » Wed Feb 1, 2017 7:27 pm

Rock gets way too much disrespect...

Totally disagree that Cena destroyed him on the mic...not even close. All he ever said about Rock was that he leaves to go do movies...so what? Rock had much more to say about Cena and killed him with those catchphrases that stuck hard and the truth on how and why he's disliked by adults.

Cena has ruined a lot of guys like previously mentioned...Ziggler, Barrett, Rusev, etc.

Rock has put over plenty of guys and made them legitimate...look what he did with Foley who is the exact opposite of marketable and a Vince type. He helped to make him the top baby face in the company.

Look at what he did with Jericho on his first day. He put him over for his first title, along with Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar for their first titles in their rookie years too. Even put over guys like Hurricane Helms for fuqs sake.

Regarding the Mount Rushmore... I don't think you can have Austin without Rock. Austin helped win the ratings war working with Vince, but Rock made WWF huge in the main stream...he pushed them to greater heights. I'd say it's Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena.
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#2282 » by SaveUsKP6 » Wed Feb 1, 2017 7:42 pm

The Rock came back for the WM29 buildup with the same corny ass jokes that worked back in 98, except all those people grew up. If you're still impressed by the words bitch and penis, then sure, the Rock is your guy.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,494

Post#2283 » by Meat » Wed Feb 1, 2017 8:10 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
Meat wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:
If there was a Mr. Rushmore he'd be a shoo-in.

Sammartino, Hogan, Austin, Cena. They each owned their eras. I don't see where there's debate.

Flair, Michaels, Dusty, Misawa, Taker

Maybe they're your personal favorites, but, they aren't bigger stars than the four I mentioned. I doubt the casual fan has even heard of Misawa.

casual fans shouldnt be putting anyone on Rushmore
Meat
Head Coach

Post#2284 » by Meat » Wed Feb 1, 2017 8:19 pm

SaveUsKP6 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Meat wrote:failed to make one star? cena books matches now?

also he's put over literally the current raw champ and the previous smackdown champ and presumably he's about to put over the next smackdown champ in 2 weeks

It's funny how Rock, Austin, Hogan even Triple H the man who's known for burying people have all made stars but Cena has not made one. Let's examine a few examples shall we?

Bray Wyatt came into wrestlemania hot, the next big thing. Feuds with Cena next thing you know he's such a joke that Jericho has to come out of retirement to put him over.

Rusev undefeated before he faced Cena. After the feud, whiny wrestler who his manager didn't even want to bother with.

Oh I know the easiest one would be Wade Barret of the nexus. That should have been an easy star. Nexus disbanded soon after the Cena feud, the highlight being a summerslam loss that Cena changed the ending to. Don't believe me, look it up. Wade Barrett faded into obscurity.

You can't seriously believe that Cena doesn't have backstage power.

Who did Austin, Rock, HHH make stars before they were in the twilight of their careers? Why would Cena be putting over young guys when he's still in his prime? You're just being a classic internet smark.

Again, you havent answered my question from two posts ago.

pretty sure austin quit because he didnt want to put brock over
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#2285 » by spree8 » Wed Feb 1, 2017 9:33 pm

SaveUsKP6 wrote:The Rock came back for the WM29 buildup with the same corny ass jokes that worked back in 98, except all those people grew up. If you're still impressed by the words bitch and penis, then sure, the Rock is your guy.

:lol: gtfo here
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man

Post#2286 » by SaveUsKP6 » Wed Feb 1, 2017 10:01 pm

spree8 wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:The Rock came back for the WM29 buildup with the same corny ass jokes that worked back in 98, except all those people grew up. If you're still impressed by the words bitch and penis, then sure, the Rock is your guy.

It's fine. You like dick jokes still. Nothing wrong with that.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#2287 » by Oscirus » Thu Feb 2, 2017 12:22 pm

Who did Hogan make? Brutus Beefcake.

You're right, he totally didn't put the Ultimate Warrior in the main event scene.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#2288 » by Oscirus » Thu Feb 2, 2017 12:24 pm

spree8 wrote:

It's almost as if that poster didn't see the feud at all. It's especially noticeable when one notices that the poster apparently "forgot" how much homophobia Cena infused in his promos against the Rock.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
jonny31623
Senior
And1: 183

Post#2289 » by jonny31623 » Thu Feb 2, 2017 2:36 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Who did Hogan make? Brutus Beefcake.

You're right, he totally didn't put the Ultimate Warrior in the main event scene.

whoa i disagree with that.

warrior forced himself on to the scene and there was nothing hogan can do about it.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#2290 » by BeagleBoss » Thu Feb 2, 2017 2:52 pm

So this is Seth injury real or a work? : /
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Post#2291 » by Fury » Thu Feb 2, 2017 2:56 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:So this is Seth injury real or a work? : /

Real :/
jonny31623
Senior

Post#2292 » by jonny31623 » Thu Feb 2, 2017 2:56 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:So this is Seth injury real or a work? : /

i think its real.

there was a video i saw online, im trying to find it.

joe asked him if he is ok, and seth said i hope so, when he had him in the chokehold.

EDIT. i found it.

Read on Twitter
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#2293 » by BeagleBoss » Thu Feb 2, 2017 3:00 pm

That sucks!!!! Damn!!!! :(
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 15,659

Post#2294 » by Im Coming Home » Thu Feb 2, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm hearing its only 8 weeks, so hopefully that is the case because WM is in 8 weeks and 4 days so he could make it.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man

Post#2295 » by SaveUsKP6 » Thu Feb 2, 2017 3:54 pm

Oscirus wrote:
spree8 wrote:

It's almost as if that poster didn't see the feud at all. It's especially noticeable when one notices that the poster apparently "forgot" how much homophobia Cena infused in his promos against the Rock.

Wanna pull up those promos? Because I just watched each one from the weeks leading up to Mania 29 and other than a "deez nuts" joke I didn't see anything quite like the Rock's "llama penis" joke which I'm sure you loved.
jonny31623
Senior

Post#2296 » by jonny31623 » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:07 pm

SaveUsKP6 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Wanna pull up those promos? Because I just watched each one from the weeks leading up to Mania 29 and other than a "deez nuts" joke I didn't see anything quite like the Rock's "llama penis" joke which I'm sure you loved.

cena owned rock with one line.

he said, you come out here and have your lines on your forearm. after that rock was so flabbergasted. ive never seen the rock like that. one of the best lines of cena's career no doubt.

Meat
Head Coach

Post#2297 » by Meat » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:11 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:I'm hearing its only 8 weeks, so hopefully that is the case because WM is in 8 weeks and 4 days so he could make it.

probably not worth the risk, seth isnt that huge of a draw where the show suffers without him
jonny31623
Senior

Post#2298 » by jonny31623 » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:14 pm

Meat wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:I'm hearing its only 8 weeks, so hopefully that is the case because WM is in 8 weeks and 4 days so he could make it.

probably not worth the risk, seth isnt that huge of a draw where the show suffers without him

i wouldnt say he is the biggest draw... but his match with randy at mania was possibly the match of that night... that rko was epic

he would be missed no doubt.
Meat
Head Coach

Post#2299 » by Meat » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:31 pm

jonny31623 wrote:
Meat wrote:

i wouldnt say he is the biggest draw... but his match with randy at mania was possibly the match of that night... that rko was epic

he would be missed no doubt.

plus the payoff might even be better, if joe turns on HHH next Monday on raw, he's instantly elevated to main event status
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man

Post#2300 » by SaveUsKP6 » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:54 pm

jonny31623 wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

cena owned rock with one line.

he said, you come out here and have your lines on your forearm. after that rock was so flabbergasted. ive never seen the rock like that. one of the best lines of cena's career no doubt.

That was one of the best shoot lines I've ever heard. Like I said, Cena destroyed the Rock leading up to 29.

Return to New York Knicks