ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The WWE Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2301 » by PeoplesChamp » Thu Feb 2, 2017 5:53 pm

jonny31623 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Who did Hogan make? Brutus Beefcake.

You're right, he totally didn't put the Ultimate Warrior in the main event scene.

whoa i disagree with that.

warrior forced himself on to the scene and there was nothing hogan can do about it.

Pretty much. The fans put Warrior over, not Hogan. WWF came to their senses and saw the money in that match. Why they didn't make it a trilogy is beyond me, though. The fervor leading up to it was unheard of. They simply didn't do face vs face feuds then.

And when Sid Vicious first came to WWF Hogan refused again to put him over. The fans actually turned on Hogan because of it.
jonny31623
Senior
And1: 183

Post#2302 » by jonny31623 » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:12 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
jonny31623 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
You're right, he totally didn't put the Ultimate Warrior in the main event scene.

warrior forced himself on to the scene and there was nothing hogan can do about it.

Pretty much. The fans put Warrior over, not Hogan. WWF came to their senses and saw the money in that match. Why they didn't make it a trilogy is beyond me, though. The fervor leading up to it was unheard of. They simply didn't do face vs face feuds then.

And when Sid Vicious first came to WWF Hogan refused again to put him over. The fans actually turned on Hogan because of it.

hogan in the 80's was epic. he really was a squeaky clean guy for the kids and they ate it up. ill give him credit for that. he did great with that role. but he never put anyone over. he always cared about himself first. he wouldnt even drop the belt to bret.

the only thing hogan every put over, was the NWO. without him, it wouldve never been as huge as it was.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#2303 » by Oscirus » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:17 pm

jonny31623 wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
It's almost as if that poster didn't see the feud at all. It's especially noticeable when one notices that the poster apparently "forgot" how much homophobia Cena infused in his promos against the Rock.

Wanna pull up those promos? Because I just watched each one from the weeks leading up to Mania 29 and other than a "deez nuts" joke I didn't see anything quite like the Rock's "llama penis" joke which I'm sure you loved.

cena owned rock with one line.

he said, you come out here and have your lines on your forearm. after that rock was so flabbergasted. ive never seen the rock like that. one of the best lines of cena's career no doubt.

That was literally the only good line he had in that whole battle. So yes, he owned him for one night of the two year battle. Good job?
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#2304 » by Oscirus » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:21 pm

jonny31623 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Who did Hogan make? Brutus Beefcake.

If Hogan didn't want to put him over, Warrior wouldn't have gone over him. Warrior would've been a popular midcarder at best.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#2305 » by Meat » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:25 pm

Oscirus wrote:
jonny31623 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

If Hogan didn't want to put him over, Warrior wouldn't have gone over him. Warrior would've been a popular midcarder at best.

warrior was big and ripped, Vince spent years jacking off to roided out bodybuilders. he was going to be a star one way or another
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#2306 » by Oscirus » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:26 pm

Meat wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
jonny31623 wrote:

warrior was big and ripped, Vince spent years jacking off to roided out bodybuilders. he was going to be a star one way or another

Then why was Lex never really a big star?
jonny31623
Senior

Post#2307 » by jonny31623 » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:37 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Meat wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

lex was never a star because they tried to make him hulk hogan after hogan left. that never works

plus, lex sucked as a wrestler, plain and simple
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#2308 » by SaveUsKP6 » Thu Feb 2, 2017 9:04 pm

Oscirus wrote:
jonny31623 wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:
Wanna pull up those promos? Because I just watched each one from the weeks leading up to Mania 29 and other than a "deez nuts" joke I didn't see anything quite like the Rock's "llama penis" joke which I'm sure you loved.

he said, you come out here and have your lines on your forearm. after that rock was so flabbergasted. ive never seen the rock like that. one of the best lines of cena's career no doubt.

That was literally the only good line he had in that whole battle. So yes, he owned him for one night of the two year battle. Good job?

I'm still waiting for you to pull the promos where Cena used "homophobic" lines.

The Rock defeated himself when he started doing the dumb Fruity Pebbles bit. And the "you can't shee me". And pretty much everything else. Like I said, his humor is geared towards 14 year olds. He's got charisma, energy, the look... everything. But his material has been crap for quite some time.
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#2309 » by Oscirus » Fri Feb 3, 2017 6:14 am

SaveUsKP6 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
jonny31623 wrote:

I'm still waiting for you to pull the promos where Cena used "homophobic" lines.

The Rock defeated himself when he started doing the dumb Fruity Pebbles bit. And the "you can't shee me". And pretty much everything else. Like I said, his humor is geared towards 14 year olds. He's got charisma, energy, the look... everything. But his material has been crap for quite some time.

That's how I know you weren't paying attention to the feud. This is literally his first response to the Rock:

If the fruity pebbles bit flew over your head, I'm sorry. But seriously, that line was so over that it wound up getting Cena an endorsement deal with the company.
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man

Post#2310 » by SaveUsKP6 » Fri Feb 3, 2017 1:16 pm

Oscirus wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:That was literally the only good line he had in that whole battle. So yes, he owned him for one night of the two year battle. Good job?

That's how I know you weren't paying attention to the feud. This is literally his first response to the Rock:

If the fruity pebbles bit flew over your head, I'm sorry. But seriously, that line was so over that it wound up getting Cena an endorsement deal with the company.

And here's how I know you weren't paying attention: I said the lead up to WrestleMania 29 multiple times. 29. Not 28. But 29.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,726

Post#2311 » by spree8 » Fri Feb 3, 2017 2:32 pm

SaveUsKP6 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:

And here's how I know you weren't paying attention: I said the lead up to WrestleMania 29 multiple times. 29. Not 28. But 29.

Give up already.
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man

Post#2312 » by SaveUsKP6 » Fri Feb 3, 2017 3:03 pm

spree8 wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

Give up already.

I'm not really trying, so there's nothing to give up on. Some people enjoy the Rock saying bitch and fart and penis and fruity for laughs, some don't. It's a preference thing.

Still doesn't change the fact that I said WrestleMania 29 multiple times and this kid brings up something from 28. And I specifically said 29 because I didn't enjoy 28 at all. It was full of corny crap like that Cena promo and everything the Rock said.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,726

Post#2313 » by spree8 » Fri Feb 3, 2017 3:12 pm

SaveUsKP6 wrote:
spree8 wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:

Give up already.

I'm not really trying, so there's nothing to give up on. Some people enjoy the Rock saying bitch and fart and penis and fruity for laughs, some don't. It's a preference thing.

Still doesn't change the fact that I said WrestleMania 29 multiple times and this kid brings up something from 28.

Right...that's all he said :roll:

What were the things that Cena said that were so great? Besides that one line about Rock writing stuff on his wrist (which was a puzzling suicidal move in this day n age). Crying about how Rock left him and the company to become the highest paid actor in Hollywood? C'mon. He was boring as hell.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#2314 » by Meat » Fri Feb 3, 2017 4:53 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Meat wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

same as roman, no fan support
jonny31623
Senior

Post#2315 » by jonny31623 » Fri Feb 3, 2017 6:49 pm

Meat wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Meat wrote:warrior was big and ripped, Vince spent years jacking off to roided out bodybuilders. he was going to be a star one way or another

roman is a helll of a wrestler.... i really think he performs very well...

we hate him cuz he was forced down our throats and forced to like him.. his entrance music sucks, so right of the bat you roll your eyes on that, his gimmick sucks... his cartoon howl sucks when he does his punch, his finisher was done by so many other guys, i dont get why he still does the spear...

plus he has no mic skills.... thats why we hate his character...

in-ring, hes great, i have no problem with his performances... just the other stuff..
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#2316 » by Oscirus » Fri Feb 3, 2017 6:55 pm

SaveUsKP6 wrote:
spree8 wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:

Give up already.

Still doesn't change the fact that I said WrestleMania 29 multiple times and this kid brings up something from 28. And I specifically said 29 because I didn't enjoy 28 at all. It was full of corny crap like that Cena promo and everything the Rock said.

Which is why you bought up Fruity pebbles from 27? Oh yea, that hand line was from 28 and the llama penis thing wasn't even from his Cena feud, it was from a promo with the New Day. Face it, your boy does everything the Rock does. He just does it worse.
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man

Post#2317 » by SaveUsKP6 » Fri Feb 3, 2017 7:07 pm

Oscirus wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Give up already.

Which is why you bought up Fruity pebbles from 27? Oh yea, that hand line was from 28 and the llama penis thing wasn't even from his Cena feud, it was from a promo with the New Day. Face it, your boy does everything the Rock does. He just does it worse.

Llama penis, fruity pebbles, the stupid Vicky Guerrero song... all just examples of how awful the Rock has become. Again, doesn't change the fact that I asked you to provide examples of Cena acting like the Rock from 29 and you gave me 28. Maybe because you can't?

And for like the third team, Cena isn't my boy. I couldn't stand him during 28 for the reasons you showed in that Youtube video. He was awful, and waddaya know? In your own words, "he does everything the Rock does". It wasn't until the 29 build that I started to like John Cena because he was tearing the Rock up every single night on the mic.

Edit: Let's not forget Rock was fresh off a feud with Punk where he also got destroyed on the mic.
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#2318 » by Oscirus » Sat Feb 4, 2017 7:00 am

SaveUsKP6 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:

Llama penis, fruity pebbles, the stupid Vicky Guerrero song... all just examples of how awful the Rock has become. Again, doesn't change the fact that I asked you to provide examples of Cena acting like the Rock from 29 and you gave me 28. Maybe because you can't?

And for like the third team, Cena isn't my boy. I couldn't stand him during 28 for the reasons you showed in that Youtube video. He was awful, and waddaya know? In your own words, "he does everything the Rock does". It wasn't until the 29 build that I started to like John Cena because he was tearing the Rock up every single night on the mic.

Edit: Let's not forget Rock was fresh off a feud with Punk where he also got destroyed on the mic.

You claim all this and you can't name one single rock promo from that time period. Like I said, you weren't paying attention,you're just merely a cena fan boy spouting off the same crap most of rock's detractors wrongly say.
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#2319 » by Oscirus » Sat Feb 4, 2017 7:01 am

jonny31623 wrote:
Meat wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

roman is a helll of a wrestler.... i really think he performs very well...

we hate him cuz he was forced down our throats and forced to like him.. his entrance music sucks, so right of the bat you roll your eyes on that, his gimmick sucks... his cartoon howl sucks when he does his punch, his finisher was done by so many other guys, i dont get why he still does the spear...

plus he has no mic skills.... thats why we hate his character...

in-ring, hes great, i have no problem with his performances... just the other stuff..

And that fairy tale promo he did was just :o . He's ok in small doses, but not at the current level he's being fed to us.
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man

Post#2320 » by SaveUsKP6 » Sat Feb 4, 2017 7:20 pm

Oscirus wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

You claim all this and you can't name one single rock promo from that time period. Like I said, you weren't paying attention,you're just merely a cena fan boy spouting off the same crap most of rock's detractors wrongly say.

Your reading comprehension is such crap. First you can't tell the difference between the numbers 28 and 29 and I've tried three different ways to explain to you that I hated Cena up until he blew the Rock away during the 29 build. And like most people my age, the Rock was my damn hero throughout the late 90s.

Dunno why I bothered, you can't read what I'm typing.

Return to New York Knicks