ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1 » by magnumt » Fri Feb 3, 2017 11:44 pm

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#2 » by King of Canada » Fri Feb 3, 2017 11:51 pm

BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#3 » by DowNY » Sat Feb 4, 2017 12:01 am

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

2016 FA/Trade Wishing Well - Fantastic Four Edition 

Post#4 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Feb 4, 2017 12:47 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:Now the bulls will trade for okafor and he will look amazing and everyone who ridiculed me about wanting him will call Phil stupid for not getting hin

What do we have to give up for him? Philly is going to take Willy and a future first? Are giving them the cheese?

If I am Philly, I am asking Boston for a swap option for their nets pick and another asset. It will be interesting to see what the Bulls can offer...
he doesn't even play and according this this board it's because he can't defend a trash can

I however would offer KOQ for him
Plumlee if they drove a hard bargain

Alternately I'd offer lance thomas and a 2nd rounder but I see little reason they would want that
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#5 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Feb 4, 2017 12:50 am

Mecca wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Okafor isn't a starting NBA player bro. It's 2017. Bigs who don't protect the paint, provide help D, or shoot the outside shot are useless. At best he's a rich mans Enes Kanter.

No, his celiling is lower than Kanter
While Kanter is a sieve on defense, he makes up for it somewhat by being a beast on the boards, similar to Willy
Okafor is a poor rebounder, which means that he won't be as good as Kanter

Or bench players on teams that want easy buckets off the bench

Or a fantastically skilled big man prospect on a rookie contract who realizes he has to work super hard to make it

I'd take that chance
Yeah, but Okafor is a good passer and has more moves in the post. Neither player are starters on championship teams. Just off the bench scorers on teams that run half court offenses.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#6 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 4, 2017 1:51 am

Willy is a poor rebounder?

The fuq?
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,342

Post#7 » by dakomish23 » Sat Feb 4, 2017 3:40 am

DWill will be waived by MIA according to rumors.
This dude was loved by many. I'm a fan of him as as instant offense only.

This should not even be discussion of its him or NDour.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#8 » by magnumt » Sat Feb 4, 2017 4:51 am

dakomish23 wrote:DWill will be waived by MIA according to rumors.

We're not trying to win games. ;)

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
MaluKing2K
Senior
And1: 148

Post#9 » by MaluKing2K » Sat Feb 4, 2017 5:09 am

Mario Hezonja registered another DNP tonight. With Rob Hennigan on the hot seat, wonder if he would bite on a Courtney Lee with 2nd round pick deal for Hezonja and Jodie Meeks' expiring contract with Orlando desperate to make the playoffs.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#10 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Feb 4, 2017 1:51 pm

MaluKing2K wrote:Mario Hezonja registered another DNP tonight. With Rob Hennigan on the hot seat, wonder if he would bite on a Courtney Lee with 2nd round pick deal for Hezonja and Jodie Meeks' expiring contract with Orlando desperate to make the playoffs.

I'm 100000% on board with that. I know Super Mario hasn't shown much since entering the league, but I still have hope he can at least be a shooter/scorer off the bench. I bet there will be a team that offers up a better package than that, though. :-? :(
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,074

Post#11 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Feb 4, 2017 3:32 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
MaluKing2K wrote:Mario Hezonja registered another DNP tonight. With Rob Hennigan on the hot seat, wonder if he would bite on a Courtney Lee with 2nd round pick deal for Hezonja and Jodie Meeks' expiring contract with Orlando desperate to make the playoffs.

I'm 100000% on board with that. I know Super Mario hasn't shown much since entering the league, but I still have hope he can at least be a shooter/scorer off the bench. I bet there will be a team that offers up a better package than that, though. :-? :(

Absolutely. Works on many levels

Risk/Reward
Euro style of play matches to KP/Willie/Kuz and Donic when we hit the jackpot 2 years from now :D
Get rid of CLee's contract
Get worse and raise value of pick this year

SIGN.ME.UP!
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,120

Post#12 » by DOT » Sat Feb 4, 2017 3:51 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Risk/Reward
Euro style of play matches to KP/Willie/Kuz and Donic when we hit the jackpot 2 years from now :D

SIGN.ME.UP!

CLee's on a good contract tho...
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#13 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Feb 4, 2017 3:58 pm

K-DOT wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Risk/Reward

SIGN.ME.UP!

He is, but hey, why not? When the goal is to lose games, he's got to go. Plus, Mario might have a higher ceiling. Might not, but Knicks not a playoff team for a few years and that's a waste of CLee. Might as well flip him for assets and that either means taking back salary and getting something, or in this case taking a chance and not. I like it. There are other scenarios to trade him too. I like him. If they Knicks were any good, I wish he'd stay. But they aren't.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,120

Post#14 » by DOT » Sat Feb 4, 2017 4:02 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Risk/Reward

SIGN.ME.UP!

He is, but hey, why not? When the goal is to lose games, he's got to go. Plus, Mario might have a higher ceiling. Might not, but Knicks not a playoff team for a few years and that's a waste of CLee. Might as well flip him for assets and that either means taking back salary and getting something, or in this case taking a chance and not. I like it. There are other scenarios to trade him too. I like him. If they Knicks were any good, I wish he'd stay. But they aren't.

I'm just not a fan of Hezonja, seems like a JR Smith type
Could be our scorer off the bench if he develops right, but I think we could do better from trading Lee
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
david_james
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#15 » by david_james » Sat Feb 4, 2017 4:38 pm

What's everyone's thoughts on trying to capitalize on KOQ's value right now and try and get a late 1st for him from a contending team who could use front court help. I'm looking at Toronto and Houston, specifically. Move O'Quinn to Toronto for Sullinger and the rights to the Clippers 1st Round Selection, which they have, or trade him to Houston for Nene and their 1st Round Selection. Both Sullinger and Nene are expiring as well.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#16 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Feb 4, 2017 5:20 pm

david_james wrote:What's everyone's thoughts on trying to capitalize on KOQ's value right now and try and get a late 1st for him from a contending team who could use front court help. I'm looking at Toronto and Houston, specifically. Move O'Quinn to Toronto for Sullinger and the rights to the Clippers 1st Round Selection, which they have, or trade him to Houston for Nene and their 1st Round Selection. Both Sullinger and Nene are expiring as well.

You should always move the KOQ when you can
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,927

Re: 2016 FA/Trade Wishing Well - Fantastic Four Edition 

Post#17 » by Jeffrey » Sat Feb 4, 2017 6:37 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:Now the bulls will trade for okafor and he will look amazing and everyone who ridiculed me about wanting him will call Phil stupid for not getting hin

What do we have to give up for him? Philly is going to take Willy and a future first? Are giving them the cheese?

If I am Philly, I am asking Boston for a swap option for their nets pick and another asset. It will be interesting to see what the Bulls can offer...
he doesn't even play and according this this board it's because he can't defend a trash can

I however would offer KOQ for him
Plumlee if they drove a hard bargain

Alternately I'd offer lance thomas and a 2nd rounder but I see little reason they would want that

If its KOQ for him then awesome but Okafor is basically Hermangomez right now.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,927

Post#18 » by Jeffrey » Sat Feb 4, 2017 6:38 pm

Derrick Rose

for

Kenneth Faried
Wilson Chandler
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#19 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Feb 4, 2017 9:19 pm

dakomish23 wrote:DWill will be waived by MIA according to rumors.

Id offer Miami a second round pick if they'd simply take Lance Thomas for him. Thomas might even have somewhat of a resurgence for Miami. But yeah, if a second rounder would do it, Id definitely love to.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#20 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Feb 4, 2017 9:27 pm

See this is a man who thinks. The Knicks need to be making these types of trades. Nothing blockbuster but quietly adding to the youth necessary to help us rebuild. We got a good chance at a lottery pick already. You add a young piece like Hezonja and ya never know. Could mature in NY. I read yearly about guys who come outta nowhere, just as much as dudes that fall off outta nowhere. Itd still only be his junior season, technically still plenty of time. The potential is still there to at the very least be a shooter off the bench. And at best maybe he's a starting caliber SG whose 6'8 essentially. Good idea

Return to New York Knicks