Moderator: bwgood77

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Your early favorites for SB 52? 

Post#1 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 6, 2017 9:04 am

Who you got?

Also, got a surprise team? A team always come out of nowhere it seems. What team will that be?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Re: Your early favorites for SB 52? 

Post#2 » by goober » Mon Feb 6, 2017 2:16 pm

NFC South will get to the Super Bowl again with the Tampa Buccaneers don't @ me
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#3 » by dr3am » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:23 pm

I could see either Tampa Bay, Dallas or Green Bay representing the NFC next year...

The AFC is the Pats until the GOAT retires, nuff said.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#4 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:26 pm

I want wait until the NFL Draft and FA signing are over since a lot players are FA.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#5 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:27 pm

I'll put Patriots right in thier if they keep the team intact. I don't know what they will do with Gronk but they need another big offensive threat like him or just keep him.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#6 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:32 pm

The NFC is a lot tougher than AFC but If I have to pick one ....... Cowboys. ...... I know they need win a game first ..... On paper they should be...
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#7 » by bleu » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:57 pm

Goober wrote:NFC South will get to the Super Bowl again with the Tampa Buccaneers don't @ me

You are half way right. The NFC South is going to get back, and win. But it's will be a team from Carolina :wink:

Really though, if I were putting money down right now on a matchup, I would go Steelers vs. Cowboys. I think at least one of those two teams makes the SB.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#8 » by High 5 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 6:48 pm

From repeat favorites to not even mentioned. What a difference a couple of minutes make. I trust Quinn to keep that locker room together and focused to be in the running once again.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 6, 2017 7:12 pm

I think it's safe to say Atlanta won't be back in the big game, a year from now. I Don't mean to pile on Falcon fans. But, SB losers have a hard time with the "Hangover". It's real. Obviously Carolina struggled with it this year. The Hawks Sadly haven't quite been the same since 49. I expect Atlanta to suffer a similar type of fate going forward.
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#10 » by RavenMad31 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 7:28 pm

Since about 2005, my early, mid and late year favorites have been the Patriots unless they have just been eliminated from the playoffs. That stands until Brady and belichick are both gone.
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#11 » by dr3am » Mon Feb 6, 2017 7:31 pm

The thing with Atlanta is they have a lot of question marks heading into the offseason like Kyle Shanahan going to my 9ers, the Devonta Freeman contract situation...

Last time the Falcons got far was back in 2012 where they lost in the NFC Championship game to my 9ers & came back the following season & finished 4-12. I'm not hating on the Falcons but to be honest heading into this season I thought Carolina & Tampa Bay would be the top 2 teams in the NFC South division. The Panthers & Cardinals drop offs in the NFC this season where very strange, sure the Panthers lost Norman on defense but they also got Benjamin back on offense & have great talent. Cardinals got loaded in the off-season. Matt Ryan has been in Atlanta for like 9 years & just know won a MVP award. Tampa Bay is on the rise and they looked good down the stretch, just had some tough loses due to inexperience...

I can see why the Cowboys are favorites heading into next season to win the NFC but also can't forget about Green Bay who is always the team you don't want to see with Aaron Rodgers & played with a crap load of injuries this postseason. As much as I hate this team next to the Cowboys & Packers the Seahawks could make a couple of moves & be right back in the mix. Also don't sleep on teams like the Cardinals, Eagles, Lions, Vikings & Giants.

Reason why I love the NFL so much is because every year outside of the Pats teams adjust to other teams. It's not like the NBA where you can just say Warriors vs Cavaliers each year. Last team in the NFC to get to the SB back to back was the Seahawks but at that time they had an all-time great defense with the Legion of Boom & Marshawn Lynch & to this day it's still hell going up to Seattle & trying to come out of there with a W.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#12 » by High 5 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 7:35 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I think it's safe to say Atlanta won't be in it next year. I Don't mean to pile on Falcon fans. But, SB losers have a hard time with the "Hangover". And there will be one for that team. Just brutal.

I don't put much stock in "hangovers." There are a multitude of reasons why teams fail to get back to the SB after winning or losing, but the main one is because it's just really, really hard to make one to begin with. It can be done, though. Just need a strong team and some luck. Of course, I would never predict us to have that luck, I'm only saying I expect us to be in the conversation next season.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#13 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 6, 2017 7:36 pm

dr3am wrote: the Seahawks could make a couple of moves & be right back in the mix.

Reason why I love the NFL so much is because every year outside of the Pats teams adjust to other teams. It's not like the NBA where you can just say Warriors vs Cavaliers each year. Last team in the NFC to get to the SB back to back was the Seahawks but at that time they had an all-time great defense with the Legion of Boom & Marshawn Lynch & to this day it's still hell going up to Seattle & trying to come out of there with a W.

:kiss
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: RE: Re: Your early favorites for SB 52? 

Post#14 » by bleu » Mon Feb 6, 2017 8:05 pm

High 5 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I think it's safe to say Atlanta won't be in it next year. I Don't mean to pile on Falcon fans. But, SB losers have a hard time with the "Hangover". And there will be one for that team. Just brutal.

I don't put much stock in "hangovers." There are a multitude of reasons why teams fail to get back to the SB after winning or losing, but the main one is because it's just really, really hard to make one to begin with. It can be done, though. Just need a strong team and some luck. Of course, I would never predict us to have that luck, I'm only saying I expect us to be in the conversation next season.

That's what I said after last season :(
bsjaffe6
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#15 » by bsjaffe6 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 8:46 pm

i like the Raiders chances with a healthy Carr.
i think the Seahawks will always be a factor in the NFC
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#16 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Feb 6, 2017 9:06 pm

I may eat these words but I predict 40 year old Tom Brady finally declines next year
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#17 » by Mind_Odyssey » Mon Feb 6, 2017 11:17 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:I may eat these words but I predict 40 year old Tom Brady finally declines next year

When guys decline, they fall like a rock.

I believe the Saints will make it to the super bowl next year and face either Denver, Pittsburgh or New England. If I had to guess, Denver. The Saints can do what the Falcons did this year.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#18 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Feb 7, 2017 12:16 am

Well... I'm not trying to be provincial or anything like that...

But I could see the Cowboys and Raiders making that date.

I'll let y'all begin chunking your projectiles now. Peace.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by bleu » Tue Feb 7, 2017 1:43 am

"Obviously it's going to be the Colts and the Rams" - Ernie
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 7, 2017 1:56 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
dr3am wrote: the Seahawks could make a couple of moves & be right back in the mix.

:kiss
:brokenheart:

Return to The General NFL Board