ImageImageImageImage

Congrats to the Falcons.. ON FINISHING SECOND!!

Moderator: Parliament10

OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Re: Congrats to the Falcons.. ON FINISHING SECOND!! 

Post#201 » by OFWGKTA » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:18 pm

I never lost faith, kept telling everyone "0:00 until that's what the clock reads the Pats aren't done" turns out I was right, again.

edit: Mods should just let this stay on the Celtics board, RealGM NFL forums aren't gonna happen get over it
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,978

Re: Congrats to the Falcons 

Post#202 » by Froob » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:19 pm

truth18 wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
truth18 wrote:
You didn't.

Tha **** are you talking about? Game is over. Do you really think we are going to score 30+ in less than 30 minutes?

LOL I left and headed home also

No I watched the whole game. I would never stop watching a Patriots game.

But I thought it was over. I thought there was absolutely no way we could do it. I was basically watching just because I love the team after a certain point. Even texted my friend that "a saner man than I would have turned this off a long time ago."

Glad I'm not sane. Delicious egg all over my face. FROOB MVP

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
vct33
Veteran
And1: 839

Post#203 » by vct33 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:46 pm

I turned it off when the Pats made it 28-10. I knew what was coming and I couldn't watch. Congrats on a big win. Brady is a god.
I brings the ruckus to the ladies!
FinallyImHere
Junior
And1: 196

Post#204 » by FinallyImHere » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:16 pm

We are living in one of the greatest eras for New England Sports. Amazing win almost cried.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#205 » by NYKHardKnock » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:49 pm

Thanks for allowing myself to witness a goat player like Tom Bray I can tell my children about as I get older. Congrats guys!!!
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#206 » by ParticleMan » Mon Feb 6, 2017 6:29 pm

greatest. comeback. ever. couldn't even believe it watching it happen.

had the misfortune of watching with ravens fans in balmore, cheering like they all born and raised in georgia in the first half, then all like oh i knew that would happen at the end hahahahaha.
jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Post#207 » by jrob23 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 6:48 pm

On one hand I know you guys cheated my Steelers out of a SB in Ben's rookie season. And I'm pretty sure it helped you in your fist few SBs. Predictably without the cheating you ended up losing the next two versus NYG. That said, you have absolutely earned these last two which does mitigate the earlier transgressions. Brady is no doubt GOAT. I watch all the games because I grew up in NE...because of him. I used to watch all the Bulls games because of Jordan. There's something about seeing the best of the best perform that makes us all watch other teams besides our favorites, play.

What's even more absurd is that Brady wins with the highest degree of difficulty. Bill B. the G.M. does not do Brady (or himself as coach) any favors (minus the Moss acquisition) when it comes to surrounding him with weapons and offensive lines. Bill gets too cute on draft day always trading back for later or future picks, taking 2nd and 3rd string QBs in subsequent drafts in 2nd and 3rd round respectively while he has Brady, trading away key defensive players, etc. It's insane that Brady is so good he overcomes this ineptness. And it really is ineptness despite the genius label Bill receives on draft day. Brady's actual genius as a QB, and Bills's genius as a HC, mask Bill's drafting prowess.

I'm not saying Bill is terrible but he could be drafting studs instead of 3rd string QBs or trading back 4 times so he can take a merely adequate RT in the 4th. But Bill the coach helps make up for that to a great extent. It works because of Brady. "down" years like this year should not result in championships lol. You were supposed to, imo, wait till after this season, use Jimmy G. as trade fodder to recoup high picks, then reload for a serious SB run next season and for a few seasons after till Brady rode off into the sunset. Instead, you get a historically weak AFC and a historical choke job and win yet another. It makes me sick.

Congrats guys
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#208 » by Froob » Mon Feb 6, 2017 7:05 pm

Had to make this, I know truth will enjoy this

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,312

Post#209 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Feb 6, 2017 7:07 pm

Great game.

And sorry, but any of you dudes who are Celts fans but not Pats/Sox/Bruins fans are suspect in my book!

Needs to be real good explanations there before I can accept that. Even a couple of our mods are Yankees fans, ffs.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#210 » by CeltsfaninDC » Mon Feb 6, 2017 8:05 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:Great game.

And sorry, but any of you dudes who are Celts fans but not Pats/Sox/Bruins fans are suspect in my book!

Needs to be real good explanations there before I can accept that. Even a couple of our mods are Yankees fans, ffs.

I'll give you one possible example that is geographically related: I grew up in eastern CT and my entire family was Giants fans. Why? because there was no NE Patriots when they were growing up and NY was the closest team for them and the one they played on TV every week. Its funny to me to see all of my old HS friends who are now somehow Pats fans when I know for a fact that there were literally only two of us at the time. I know this because no one would ever go to Schaeffer with me.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#211 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Feb 6, 2017 8:47 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:

I'll give you one possible example that is geographically related: I grew up in eastern CT and my entire family was Giants fans. Why? because there was no NE Patriots when they were growing up and NY was the closest team for them and the one they played on TV every week. Its funny to me to see all of my old HS friends who are now somehow Pats fans when I know for a fact that there were literally only two of us at the time. I know this because no one would ever go to Schaeffer with me.

OK, I can accept this.

But you know what I am saying here! Some of your Connecticut people are just frontrunning, haha.
mbsnmisc
Starter
And1: 3,721

Post#212 » by mbsnmisc » Mon Feb 6, 2017 10:10 pm

Not a Pats fan, but it was an exciting game. That was a hell of a day to be a fan of Boston sports teams. Congratulations.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#213 » by soxfan2003 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 11:01 pm

Great game. I didn't lose hope at all at 21-3 but when it got to 28-3, I thought things were bleak. I have to go back to the miracle in Miami/Flutie throw to come up with a football game involving New England team that I clearly liked watching more. It is almost that I realize the Patriots nowadays are so good that its hard to completely rule them out of the game.

Once Hightower caused that turnover, I really did think the Patriots had a great shot at scoring 2 more touchdowns and holding Atlanta to zero points but I had less confidence in the Patriots making both 2 point conversions. They made play calls on them that I really liked.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#214 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Feb 6, 2017 11:15 pm

After the Hightower play, I felt like it would come down to a failed 2-point conversion and that Gostkowski would have to move to Ecuador or something.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,788

Post#215 » by 31to6 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 11:27 pm

Ironically, my name --- 31to6 -- wouldn't have been a good enough close to the game.

It HAD to be 31-to-0 Pats ... and it was.

Unbefrickingleivable.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,788

Post#216 » by 31to6 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 12:46 am

CrowderKeg wrote:
Congrats to the entire city of Boston. Also, this seems excessive.

needs more green!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#217 » by Froob » Tue Feb 7, 2017 2:26 am

Drunk me slaying it last night in a debate about what recent comeback was the best (Cubs, Cavs, Pats)

Froob wrote:Patriots, absolutely obsurd. Hope it shuts up all.tje cheaters talk once and for all. And Peyton Manning as GOAT? LOL don't even.

Disclaimer: I was supposed dupper drunk when I wrote this so don't grammar Nazi me

RIP The_Hater
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#218 » by SMTBSI » Tue Feb 7, 2017 3:24 am

Wound up getting horrible food poisoning, spent all night throwing up, and all day in bed. Just now finally thinking about getting up and eating something.

Totally worth it.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#219 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Tue Feb 7, 2017 7:06 am

I hate the red Sox ownership group. I was a big Theo guy. The business side is Way too gimmicky and I feel like I'm being solicited to buy things with each breath inside that stadium. So I boycott them in some respects, but i do support them.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#220 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Tue Feb 7, 2017 7:09 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:After the Hightower play, I felt like it would come down to a failed 2-point conversion and that Gostkowski would have to move to Ecuador or something.

He was very close to being dragged through the streets, now he can ride on a duckboat
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to New England Patriots