Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Worm122
Senior
And1: 91

Re: Zion Williamson 

Post#21 » by Worm122 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:23 am

Marcus wrote:
Worm122 wrote:Zion would entry in the 2018 Draft?

thanks Marcus
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#22 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:16 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:Pretty impressive . Wonder where he one and done at ? 2 years of college and he would be force rookie year

I think he's going to be a force in his 1 year. Right now a lot of talk that it's between Duke and Clemson. UNC is a 3rd team to watch but it's a pretty distant 3rd. There still is a long ways to go in the recruitment though.
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#23 » by crazy_me_87 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:33 pm

I think Zion will be insanely good.
He basically is like a 6'7 / 230 Westbrook(in terms of agressiveness)

Some people shelled out the Lebron comps but he is nowhere near the passer Lebron was(he is a good passer just not a historically great one) and Lebron had more of a Jumper even at that age.. but i get the Comparison from a pure Athletically and Body standpoint.

He is special.. unique.. This Kid reportetly a max Vert of 46 .. wich wouldnt even suprise me because his mom was a High Jump athlete.who regulary cleared 6 Feet.
Oh and his dad was a Football Player.. good genes

That athletism with that much strength at 16 is insane.. I have never seen that.. Lebron was a bit faster but he was pretty slim(at least compared to Zion) at 16.. he grew to 230 up until 18.
So far he lacks a consistent jumper but he totally has time on his side and his shot is not broken.. just inconsistent.
He also seems to have "It" .. works his butt off.. has that Westbrook agressivenes on the court..

He has quite alot of refinement to do but his Potential is insane..
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#24 » by jonjames » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:10 am

^^^Already at only 16 years of age Zion is more athletic than LeBron was his senior year. This kid is a generational athlete. Very humble kid too.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#25 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:10 am

jonjames wrote:^^^Already at only 16 years of age Zion is more athletic than LeBron was his senior year. This kid is a generational athlete. Very humble kid too.

Never wanted for Duke to land a kid more than him. Mostly just because of just how fun he would make every game. Ya he is a freak athlete especially for his size (just threw down a 360 tomahawk dunk in game the other day) but his IQ is threw the roof. He dominated the top 100 camp and a big reason was his great IQ, always knows where to be, what play to make and never takes a bad shot.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#26 » by GimmeDat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:10 am

A lot of people speak about his jumper being iffy, but have we really seen enough to say. I'm just speaking as someone whose just seen the Youtube videos, but it appears as though he rarely has to use the jumper because he's so dominant physically. When he does shoot, his mechanics look okay.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#27 » by Marcus » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:19 am

GimmeDat wrote:A lot of people speak about his jumper being iffy, but have we really seen enough to say. I'm just speaking as someone whose just seen the Youtube videos, but it appears as though he rarely has to use the jumper because he's so dominant physically. When he does shoot, his mechanics look okay.

Yeah I'm still waiting to watch him against size. The vids are impressive no doubt but I'm looking for certain things that I can't see in the highlights.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#28 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:47 am

GimmeDat wrote:A lot of people speak about his jumper being iffy, but have we really seen enough to say. I'm just speaking as someone whose just seen the Youtube videos, but it appears as though he rarely has to use the jumper because he's so dominant physically. When he does shoot, his mechanics look okay.

Not horrible mechanics on his jumper but he doesn't even look to use it against legit competition. I would love to see him really work on his jumper for the next couple years before he gets to college.

At the top 100 camp he dominated with his quickness and size mixed with his handles that allowed him to get to the rim at will.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#29 » by bigboi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:57 am

jonjames wrote:^^^Already at only 16 years of age Zion is more athletic than LeBron was his senior year. This kid is a generational athlete. Very humble kid too.

False. He can jump higher, but Lebron was much faster and had better agility. Also Williamson's competition is trash. I need to see him against better people. He's athletic, but doesn't really have good ball handle or a shot
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
Foreva21
Ballboy
And1: 30

Post#30 » by Foreva21 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:45 am

He should go to Oak Hill or some other prep school for his senior year...
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#31 » by jonjames » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:

Never wanted a recruit for Duke to land than this kid. Mostly just because of just how fun he would make every game. Ya he is a freak athlete especially for his size (just threw down a 360 tomahawk dunk in game the other day) but his IQ is threw the roof. He dominated the top 100 camp and a big reason was his great IQ, always knows where to be, what play to make and never takes a bad shot.

I could see him going to duke and playing for coach k..my only hope is that whichever school he goes to they don't utilize him like kentucky did with Julius Randle...which would severely hamper his full potential/skillet. To be honest..the highschool to pros rule was made specifically for freaks like Zion tho.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,762

Post#32 » by Upperclass » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Could be LeBron.. Could be Corey Maggette.. who was a similar freak at that age. Kid is super impressive though. Havent seen anything like him in a very longtime
crazy_me_87
Analyst

Post#33 » by crazy_me_87 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:04 am

bigboi wrote:He's athletic, but doesn't really have good ball handle or a shot

The part about his ball handling is simply not true.. He has pretty darn good Handling for a guy his Size. He played PG for most of his life before his growth spurt.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#34 » by reanimator » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:09 pm

C'mon now, Zion's ball skills are nowhere near Lebron's nor is his spatial awareness. Even if you somehow believe they are similar athletes, Lebron's handle makes his significantly more functional.
crazy_me_87
Analyst

Post#35 » by crazy_me_87 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:37 pm

I was just saying he is nowhere near a bad Ball handler.. for a guy his size he is pretty good. i did not mention Lebron...
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,725

Post#36 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:23 pm

If spatial awareness = body control, then Zion is as elite as it gets. Half the time after watching his highlights, I find myself most impressed with one of his layups rather than a dunk.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#37 » by Cammo101 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:01 am

The over-hyping is out of control here. Zion has a chance to be a special player, but if you want to use the word "LeBron" in your comparison of him, stop yourself. Because it just makes you sound like someone who doesn't remember LeBron very well, because he was on a whole different level from Zion in pretty much every way. Taller, more athletic, more skilled, better passer, better body...

Comparing him to LeBron isn't fair to Zion and will just make you look dumb when someone pulls this thread up 5 years from now.
ChiCityHoops34
Sixth Man
And1: 1,796

Post#38 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:39 am

Prime Larry Johnson
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#39 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:48 am

Cammo101 wrote:The over-hyping is out of control here. Zion has a chance to be a special player, but if you want to use the word "LeBron" in your comparison of him, stop yourself. Because it just makes you sound like someone who doesn't remember LeBron very well, because he was on a whole different level from Zion in pretty much every way. Taller, more athletic, more skilled, better passer, better body...

Comparing him to LeBron isn't fair to Zion and will just make you look dumb when someone pulls this thread up 5 years from now.

I think people are bringing up Lebron in a sense of they haven't seen a mix of this size and athleticism since Lebron. If that's what they're doing then I think it's appropriate. I follow high school basketball (it's sad I know) and I have not seen someone as big and athletic as Zion since Lebron. Is he as skilled as Lebron? No of course not. Lebron was taller and faster and had better ball skills. Zion is much thicker than a high school Lebron and I might actually give Zion the edge in vertical explosiveness. He's 6'6 and gets his eyes above the rim with ease. Zion is also very quick and fast for someone his size, not Lebron status but still freakish.

Again if the people bringing up Lebron are doing it by saying we haven't seen a combo of size and athleticism since Lebron I think that's fair and on point. If they start saying he's as skilled as Lebron than ya they definitely start losing their credibility on the subject.
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#40 » by cksdayoff » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:24 am

kid's probably still growing
#failforfultz

Return to NBA Draft