ImageImageImage

Auston Matthews

Moderator: Crowned

Jonn
RealGM
And1: 19,076

Re: Auston Matthews 

Post#21 » by Jonn » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:35 am

Concernedcad wrote:I find it hard to root for the Leafs because Matthews is American. It's wrong but it is what it is.

Probably the dumbest thing I have read on this forum in a long time, and that's saying a lot. I award you no and1's and may god have mercy on your soul.
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,974

Post#22 » by JaysRule15 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:59 am

CDN Uprising wrote:Patrik Laine is better

reported
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#23 » by Kevin Willis » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Does Auston Matthews know this guy?
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,409

Post#24 » by Patman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:41 pm

cram
Head Coach
And1: 1,699

Post#25 » by cram » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:55 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
DonMega wrote:
DeKobe DeBryant wrote:Who?

The beast that made history in his first NHL game ever. The IMMORTAL that will bring a championship to this city. THAT's who..

Nobody would be care about the leafs winning a championship except hockey fans in Toronto. It's not like cubs world series or if the Knicks championship. Hockey is not a top 7 popular sport world. Soccer, basketball, football, baseball, cricket, rugby and tennis are all bigger.

It would be cool for a day

Raptors won. It would be a lot more global. You think China or Brazil or europe will say Toronto is from Canada who cares lol. They would enjoy it. Also depends on who we beat or which superstar we have to win the championship. For America to care.

Leafs is just a Toronto thing

For a day....:) Are you delusional?

Yeah, when the Raptors win the championship I'm going to give a flying fidoo what folks in Brazil or China think.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#26 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:02 pm

cram wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
DonMega wrote:
The beast that made history in his first NHL game ever. The IMMORTAL that will bring a championship to this city. THAT's who..

Nobody would be care about the leafs winning a championship except hockey fans in Toronto. It's not like cubs world series or if the Knicks championship. Hockey is not a top 7 popular sport world. Soccer, basketball, football, baseball, cricket, rugby and tennis are all bigger.

Raptors won. It would be a lot more global. You think China or Brazil or europe will say Toronto is from Canada who cares lol. They would enjoy it. Also depends on who we beat or which superstar we have to win the championship. For America to care.

Yeah, when the Raptors win the championship I'm going to give a flying fidoo what folks in Brazil or China think.

a day for people outside of toronto like md. u think vancouver, edmonton, montreal, ottawa, calgary or winnipeg care if the leafs win a cup :) .. definitely america wouldnt give a crap. Raptors winning would be global. NBA is worldwide cant say the same for Nhl. i been to england many times the only hockey thats popular there is field hockey lol
Raptors til death
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,333

Post#27 » by tdotrep2 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:02 pm

I know this guy just said no one outside of hockey fans in Toronto would care about the leafs winning a championship. Lmao so everyone in Toronto would care of the Raptors won? Leafs probably have more fans in Canada/the world than the Raptors. People outside of Toronto don't care they only get hyped when the team visits them
beanbag
Analyst
And1: 4,375

Post#28 » by beanbag » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:15 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
cram wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nobody would be care about the leafs winning a championship except hockey fans in Toronto. It's not like cubs world series or if the Knicks championship. Hockey is not a top 7 popular sport world. Soccer, basketball, football, baseball, cricket, rugby and tennis are all bigger.

a day for people outside of toronto like md. u think vancouver, edmonton, montreal, ottawa, calgary or winnipeg care if the leafs win a cup :) .. definitely america wouldnt give a crap. Raptors winning would be global. NBA is worldwide cant say the same for Nhl. i been to england many times the only hockey thats popular there is field hockey lol

Your insecurity is showing.
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#29 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:19 pm

beanbag wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
cram wrote:

Your insecurity is showing.

Insecurity about what i haven't watched hockey in years. But to say Toronto Raptors winning the championship would be cared about more than the leafs winning a ship worldwide. It's seems fair. NBA is way more popular than the NHL. Anyways I should have just minded my own business not entered this thread I don't know who Ashton is lol. Let me exit it
Raptors til death
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,780

Re: RE: Re: Auston Matthews 

Post#30 » by Potential » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:37 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
DonMega wrote:

Exactly this. Only the small Canadian population and the few Americans would know about the Leafs winning. No one else would even care. NBA is a waaaaaaay more popular league. The Raptors would be getting a lot more talk and congrats around the world especially the large population in USA, China etc. No one even knows what the Leafs are outside of Canada
Big Mac Biyombo
Analyst
And1: 8,068

Post#31 » by Big Mac Biyombo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Bigger, stronger, faster, better shooter, stronger with the puck... It's pretty hard to argue otherwise. Laine has virtually had more success at every level. He won the world juniors, he won the Finnish league, and he's got more points and a better +/- in less games despite a serious concussion.

People in Toronto don't want to hear it, but Laine is just the superior player. That's not to say Matthews is bad, he's a phenomenal talent. Laine is just even better.
Raptorstopfan wrote:Demar is inarguably the best jump shooter NBA has seen in a long long time.
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#32 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:40 pm

Potential wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
DonMega wrote:

Exactly this. Only the small Canadian population and the few Americans would know about the Leafs winning. No one else would even care. NBA is a waaaaaaay more popular league. The Raptors would be getting a lot more talk and congrats around the world especially the large population in USA, China etc. No one even knows what the Leafs are outside of Canada

It wouldn't even be a Canada thing because Toronto isn't Canada's team there is 6 other Canadian franchises. Do u think Montreal canadian fans or Vancouver Canucks fans care if the leafs won lol.

GTA is only place that would care

Raptors or blue Jay's winning would be bigger globally
Raptors til death
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,974

Post#33 » by JaysRule15 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Big Mac Biyombo wrote:

Bigger, stronger, faster, better shooter, stronger with the puck... It's pretty hard to argue otherwise. Laine has virtually had more success at every level. He won the world juniors, he won the Finnish league, and he's got more points and a better +/- in less games despite a serious concussion.

People in Toronto don't want to hear it, but Laine is just the superior player. That's not to say Matthews is bad, he's a phenomenal talent. Laine is just even better.

It's way too early to compare the two. At the moment, Laine is a winger playing with the best players on his team. Matthews is playing centre (a much harder position for rookies to learn) and has been playing with weaker linemates.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,546

Post#34 » by Psubs » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:09 pm

That's probably like Ovechkin vs Crosby. McDavid is better than both. :D
G55man
Senior
And1: 678

Post#35 » by G55man » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Big Mac Biyombo wrote:

Sounds like a comparison between Gretzky and Lemieux.....
cram
Head Coach
And1: 1,699

Post#36 » by cram » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:23 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
Potential wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nobody would be care about the leafs winning a championship except hockey fans in Toronto. It's not like cubs world series or if the Knicks championship. Hockey is not a top 7 popular sport world. Soccer, basketball, football, baseball, cricket, rugby and tennis are all bigger.

It wouldn't even be a Canada thing because Toronto isn't Canada's team there is 6 other Canadian franchises. Do u think Montreal canadian fans or Vancouver Canucks fans care if the leafs won lol.

GTA is only place that would care

Raptors or blue Jay's winning would be bigger globally

If you don't know who Mattews is, then how can you comment on the Maple Leafs fanbase?
Kc17
Lead Assistant
And1: 36

Post#37 » by Kc17 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:28 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
DonMega wrote:

What a delusional post. First, hockey is way more popular than football worldwide. Nobody gives a **** about football outside of North America.

If the Leafs won the Stanley Cup it would be all you heard about on the Canadian sports networks until the new season began. The Leafs are by far the most popular and most talked about sports franchise in Canada. And it would certainly get a fair amount of play down in the US and Europe.

If the Raps won the championship it would get buried hard in the US. The Raps winning a championship, or even getting to the finals is probably one of the worst scenarios for the NBA in terms of ratings, hype and marketing. Even worldwide it wouldn't create much buzz. The Leafs definitely have a bigger following Canada wide and worldwide than the Raptors.

I'm not even a Leaf fan, it's just crazy how deluded some people are on this board when it comes to the NHL and hockey in general. When the Leafs get good again, which they are trending towards, its bad news for the Raptors unfortunately, so I can understand why there is hate.
Camboflage
Veteran
And1: 1,725

Post#38 » by Camboflage » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:29 pm

I want a leafs championship to **** on other Canadian hockey teams, also because we haven't won nothing since world war.

I want a Raptors championship to cure my depression and **** on the world. I get what people are saying.

Let's win one first though.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,780

Post#39 » by Potential » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Kc17 wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
DonMega wrote:

What a delusional post. First, hockey is way more popular than football worldwide. Nobody gives a **** about football outside of North America.

If the Leafs won the Stanley Cup it would be all you heard about on the Canadian sports networks until the new season began. The Leafs are by far the most popular and most talked about sports franchise in Canada. And it would certainly get a fair amount of play down in the US and Europe.

If the Raps won the championship it would get buried hard in the US. The Raps winning a championship, or even getting to the finals is probably one of the worst scenarios for the NBA in terms of ratings, hype and marketing. Even worldwide it wouldn't create much buzz. The Leafs definitely have a bigger following Canada wide and worldwide than the Raptors.

I'm not even a Leaf fan, it's just crazy how deluded some people are on this board when it comes to the NHL and hockey in general. When the Leafs get good again, which they are trending towards, its bad news for the Raptors unfortunately, so I can understand why there is hate.

Wrong. What a terrible post. Hockey is d league compared to NBA and NFL
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#40 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:45 pm

[url][/url]
Potential wrote:
Kc17 wrote:

Wrong. What a terrible post. Hockey is d league compared to NBA and NFL

England, Germany, France, South America, South asia, Australia, Africa, China, Japan etc don't care about hockey. In America. Hockey isn't bigger than Nascar.

Russia and the smaller European countries, Canada. Very small majority of Americans that's it

NBA and NFL are way bigger. NHL has 4 times less twitter followers than NBA and NHL. Social example.

NHL 5 400 000 million compared to nfl 21 000 000 million and NBA 24 million

NHL has less twitter followers than LA Lakers lol

Lakers have 5.7 million

Like I said before China, Europe or south America or worldwide dont care if Toronto is from Canada. Only America and that only depends on who we beat and if we have a popular superstar than they would care.

The Stanley Cup last year averaged less viewers than ECF NBA in usa. Which had a Canadian team and NHL had 2 American teams. No one cared about it in America
Raptors til death

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs