Top 5 Differences/Changes Under New CBA

sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Top 5 Differences/Changes Under New CBA 

Post#1 » by sportscrazy » Sun Feb 5, 2017 8:23 am

Sometime after the trade deadline, I plan on doing version 2.0 of my mock off-season (a full off-season for all 30 teams). I pretty much had a solid grasp, for the most part, of the old CBA and now that it's updated, I wanted to see if some one could just tell me in the most simple way possible the biggest 5 differences for me to take note of when doing the mock off-season.

Things like effects on roster spots, cap holds, cap space, trades, rookie salaries, etc. would be most helpful.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,643

Re: Top 5 Differences/Changes Under New CBA 

Post#2 » by Smitty731 » Sun Feb 5, 2017 3:30 pm

Nothing changes with Cap Holds this summer, minus minimum holds raising to the new minimum. They agreed for that to hold until the summer of 2018.

All of the new salary amounts (Max, Min, Exceptions, Rookie Scale) are all re-set. Those numbers have been published various places.

Trade rules only changed in terms of the % a team can take back.

Roster changes include the new two-way contracts.

Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders probably summed things up best, from what I've read. And the CBA itself is posted on NBAPA.com if you want to read it for yourself.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#3 » by DoItALL9 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Did the % increase or decrease for trade rules?

Sent from my LG-H901 using RealGM mobile app
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,643

Post#4 » by Smitty731 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:47 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:Did the % increase or decrease for trade rules?

Sent from my LG-H901 using RealGM mobile app

Increased.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#5 » by sportscrazy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Smitty731 wrote:Nothing changes with Cap Holds this summer, minus minimum holds raising to the new minimum. They agreed for that to hold until the summer of 2018.

All of the new salary amounts (Max, Min, Exceptions, Rookie Scale) are all re-set. Those numbers have been published various places.

Trade rules only changed in terms of the % a team can take back.

Roster changes include the new two-way contracts.

Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders probably summed things up best, from what I've read. And the CBA itself is posted on NBAPA.com if you want to read it for yourself.

So just to make sure for my mock off-season that I have it correct.

There needs to be a minimum of 15 roster spots filled and there is 17 man rosters now with two of those players being specifically designated as two-way for the Development League?

I think I have everything else pretty together in regards to new CBA, but just wanted to confirm that so I don't get blasted after working really hard on my mock off-season.

Also, is the percentage for trades out there somewhere? I couldn't find it. I know under the old CBA it was 125% plus $100,000.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.

Return to CBA & Business