ImageImageImage

Auston Matthews

Moderator: Crowned

gsptheman
Sophomore
And1: 40

Re: Auston Matthews 

Post#81 » by gsptheman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:25 am

by the way isent it great no one's giving a fu*k about the raptors again in toronto? i mean its not like they ever did hahah it was just a fad i knew it and you ppl were comparing them to the leafs LOLL i guess ppl were just hyped about drake....raptors can win the cup 10 years in a row and leafs could be last place and still raptors will be the 4th popular team in toronto right below leafs, bluejays and TFC and football...it seems like basketball is already dieing in canada before it even became popular LOL...man i really feel sorry for basketball fans they cant watch there sport peacefully in any country without having another popular sport shoved down there throuts LMAO in canada its hockey, in the US its all NFL on TV around the world its soccer, cricket and hockey...just do this world a favour and kill yourself even then nobody would care
gsptheman
Sophomore

Post#82 » by gsptheman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:34 am

seriously its because of the leafs that raptors even exist because 2-3 years ago who the hell when to the raptors games? nobody half of ACC was empty so leafs fans were forced to buy crappy basketball tickets and o man its like watching paint dry LOL wats the point of playing the whole baketball game when the only last 2 mins matter? just make NBA games 2 mins long with no timeouts aloud and im pretty sure more ppl would watch and maybe than NBA can be global....
gsptheman
Sophomore

Post#83 » by gsptheman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:42 am

NBA finals in canada averages less than 500k viewers, darts and poker get better ratings than that in canada and we have a NBA team. If we aint wathcing and a handful of americans are wattching i doubt the world watches NBA...twitter followers dont mean nothing ...
gsptheman
Sophomore

Re: RE: Re: Auston Matthews 

Post#84 » by gsptheman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:54 am

RaptorsLife wrote:
gsptheman wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:[url][/url]
England, Germany, France, South America, South asia, Australia, Africa, China, Japan etc don't care about hockey. In America. Hockey isn't bigger than Nascar.

Russia and the smaller European countries, Canada. Very small majority of Americans that's it

NBA and NFL are way bigger. NHL has 4 times less twitter followers than NBA and NHL. Social example.

NHL 5 400 000 million compared to nfl 21 000 000 million and NBA 24 million

NHL has less twitter followers than LA Lakers lol

Lakers have 5.7 million

Like I said before China, Europe or south America or worldwide dont care if Toronto is from Canada. Only America and that only depends on who we beat and if we have a popular superstar than they would care.

The Stanley Cup last year averaged less viewers than ECF NBA in usa. Which had a Canadian team and NHL had 2 American teams. No one cared about it in America

Did you really say basketball and baseball is more global than hockey? hahah dude get out of your fantasy world and travel the world ppl around the world dont even know if a sport like basketball exists...china doesnt give a sh*t about basketball its all fake rumors by the nba trying to make them selfs look important....England is soccer crazy then cricket they dont give a sh*it about your basketball...germany is all soccer and a little bit of hockey...france is all soccer...hockey is a religion in easter europe and russia...
brazil is all soccer and than MMA they dont give a **** about your basketball... baseball is only popular in USA, Canada and small latin american countries and japan thats it rest of the world follows cricket...
the NBA ECF TVratings in the US was 4-5 million LMAO NFL pre season gets better ratings than that, dont forget its 4-5 million ppl watching out of 300 million ppl...the leafs 2013 1st round playoff ratings in canada alone was 5 million+ in a country of 35million LOLL....NBA is not even popular in the country of its orgin which is United states and your saying its golabal...NBA is the 3rd most watched sport in the US just a little notch above the NHL...

I been to London. I been to carberian. Just from those places hockey is a non factors.

Besides small European countries, Canada, Russia and small majority of Americans who cares about hockey?

Asia doesn't care besides Russia. Field hockey more popular there. Austrila, England, France, Germany, China, Japan, South asia India, Pakistan ETC also south America Brazil, Argentina, Chile. Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico etc. Mexico too.

Where is it popular.

Social media numbers..

NBA has 21 million followers on Twitter NHL has 5.5 million.

NFL has 24 million.

Facebook likes

NBA has 32 million likes

NHL has 4.3 million

Huge difference in popularity[/

twitter doesnt mean anything EPL has only 13 million followers and thats the most popular soccer league in the world...

again name me one country where basketball is the number 1 sport just one its not even that popular in the US LOL superbowl gets 120 million viewers NBA final games gets 20 million and thats after rigging the game like crazy with the super star player...

NBA players earn more money because there team roster are smaller DUH...NFL is the most profitable league in the world and yet NHL, MLB and NBA players earn more than NFL players why is that... dude you are mentally (Please Use More Appropriate Word) i think a hockey player took your girlfriend ore somthing
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#85 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:04 am

gsptheman wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
gsptheman wrote:

Did you really say basketball and baseball is more global than hockey? hahah dude get out of your fantasy world and travel the world ppl around the world dont even know if a sport like asketball exists...china doesnt give a sh*t about basketball its all fake rumors by the nba trying to make them selfs look important....England is soccer crazy then cricket they dont give a sh*it about your basketball...germany is all soccer and a little bit of hockey...france is all soccer...hockey is a religion in easter europe and russia...
brazil is all soccer and than MMA they dont give a **** about your basketball... baseball is only popular in USA, Canada and small latin american countries and japan thats it rest of the world follows cricket...
the NBA ECF TVratings in the US was 4-5 million LMAO NFL pre season gets better ratings than that, dont forget its 4-5 million ppl watching out of 300 million ppl...the leafs 2013 1st round playoff ratings in canada alone was 5 million+ in a country of 35million LOLL....NBA is not even popular in the country of its orgin which is United states and your saying its golabal...NBA is the 3rd most watched sport in the US just a little notch above the NHL...

I been to London. I been to carberian. Just from those places hockey is a non factors.

Besides small European countries, Canada, Russia and small majority of Americans who cares about hockey?

Asia doesn't care besides Russia. Field hockey more popular there. Austrila, England, France, Germany, China, Japan, South asia India, Pakistan ETC also south America Brazil, Argentina, Chile. Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico etc. Mexico too.

Where is it popular.

Social media numbers..

NBA has 21 million followers on Twitter NHL has 5.5 million.

NFL has 24 million.

Facebook likes

NBA has 32 million likes

NHL has 4.3 million

Huge difference in popularity[/

twitter doesnt mean anything EPL has only 13 million followers and thats the most popular soccer league in the world...

again name me one country where basketball is the number 1 sport just one its not even that popular in the US LOL superbowl gets 120 million viewers NBA final games gets 20 million and thats after rigging the game like crazy with the super star player...

NBA players earn more money because there team roster are smaller DUH...NFL is the most profitable league in the world and yet NHL, MLB and NBA players earn more than NFL players why is that... dude you are mentally (Please Use More Appropriate Word) i think a hockey player took your girlfriend ore somthing

Let's agree to disagree. NBA is bigger than NHL by wide margin in my opinion. Basketball might not be the most popular in any country but some countries in South America and Asia don't even know ice hockey exits lol.

NHL hard cap is 73 million

NBA next season will 102-105 million. That doesn't effect the roster size.

NFL salary cap is 168 million

Also give it a few years before esports is bigger than hockey

NBA ECF with a Canadian team averaged more viewers than the stantley cup with 2 American teams lol. In USA

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/former-nba-player-rick-fox-says-esports-will-be-bigger-than-nhl-in-two-years

We're just debating freely. Honestly if I knew that comment was garner so many quotes I wouldn't have made it lol
Raptors til death
gsptheman
Sophomore

Post#86 » by gsptheman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:20 am

RaptorsLife wrote:
gsptheman wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:i agree it would be great for the city of toronto. but a championship that people would give us respect outside of toronto is not stanley cup. its the world series or nba championship. it would be talked about more. thats if you like hockey i mean. So a stanley cup would cater too hockey fans in toronto not everyone. If hockey is a good sport is subjective

Hey when ppl in toronto dont even care about raptors or basketball what makes you think they would make any impact worldwide? LOL they cant even get the country they play in behind them let alone the world...whereas leafs are on another level they are the yankess of the NHL or the cowboys of the NHL ...NBA regular season national broadcasts across the US = 2-3 million viewers...leafs get more than that every saturday again in 35 million ppl country LOL...NBA should first try to be popular in the US and canada before thinking they are global LOL...
Name me one country where basketball is the number #1 sport and considered a religion? just name me one? haha u cant cuz there is none for hockey i could name a dozen countries...
Oh and go look at the ratings for winter olympics hockey tournment vs the summer olympics basketball tournment....hockey owns basketball in the US ahaha ...you have been misinformed my friend like seriously its common sense there like 1 million viwers for raptors in canada and another 2-3 million in the states watching the cavs what makes you think ppl around the world give a fu*k? when the countries participating in the event dont even care?

NBA finals averaged 21 million viewers just America.

Stanley cup averaged 4 million lol. Last year that too with 2 American teams

There is a reason why nba salary cap is huge. And reason

Wht kyle lowry will make 35 million a year and

Ashton matthews will make at his best 15-17 million a year

Salary cap and player salary is best on the market share and popularity of a sport. ESPN TNT huge TV deal that dwarfs the NHL deal with NBC and Rogers

NBA is huge in China. Your worrying about 2-3 million lol. NBA has 100s of million of people following their sport

Honest to God I wasn't trying to make this into a NBA to NHL popularity contest. I strongly believe NBA is much bigger worldwide. Numbers back that

My point was outside of Toronto. The Leafs winning the cup wouldn't be that big of a deal as some think. Not every Raptor fan is from Toronto.

If your from Toronto awesome enjoy it when it happens. Throw a huge ass Pardee

Dude the leafs are like the cowboys of hockey....not all leafs fans are from toronto either...cant believe your comparing raptors to the leafs LOL like seiously thats like comparing a high school team to a pro team....raptors fanbase is not even 1% of leafs fanbase ....leafs are a team that a lot of ppl want to see them lose and an even more want to see them win....leafs have one of the biggest fan bases in sports and one of the most recogniezed logos....raptors hardly have a decent fanbase in toronto and your saying there more popular worldwide?
dont get me wrong basketball is probably more popular than hockey in terms of sports being played by regular ppl on a daily basis but in terms of ppl watching sports hockey destroyes basketball.... russia has 150 million ppl and thats one hockey crazy country....only 20 million ppl watch basketball in the US loll thats not even 5% of the population and another 200-300k watch in canada ...and if leafs by any chance make the stanley cup finals more than 30 million will watch in canada alone and the whole world will be watching im afraid hockey might even take over soccer LOL
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#87 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:28 am

gsptheman wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
gsptheman wrote:
Hey when ppl in toronto dont even care about raptors or basketball what makes you think they would make any impact worldwide? LOL they cant even get the country they play in behind them let alone the world...whereas leafs are on another level they are the yankess of the NHL or the cowboys of the NHL ...NBA regular season national broadcasts across the US = 2-3 million viewers...leafs get more than that every saturday again in 35 million ppl country LOL...NBA should first try to be popular in the US and canada before thinking they are global LOL...
Name me one country where basketball is the number #1 sport and considered a religion? just name me one? haha u cant cuz there is none for hockey i could name a dozen countries...
Oh and go look at the ratings for winter olympics hockey tournment vs the summer olympics basketball tournment....hockey owns basketball in the US ahaha ...you have been misinformed my friend like seriously its common sense there like 1 million viwers for raptors in canada and another 2-3 million in the states watching the cavs what makes you think ppl around the world give a fu*k? when the countries participating in the event dont even care?

NBA finals averaged 21 million viewers just America.

Stanley cup averaged 4 million lol. Last year that too with 2 American teams

There is a reason why nba salary cap is huge. And reason

Wht kyle lowry will make 35 million a year and

Ashton matthews will make at his best 15-17 million a year

Salary cap and player salary is best on the market share and popularity of a sport. ESPN TNT huge TV deal that dwarfs the NHL deal with NBC and Rogers

NBA is huge in China. Your worrying about 2-3 million lol. NBA has 100s of million of people following their sport

Honest to God I wasn't trying to make this into a NBA to NHL popularity contest. I strongly believe NBA is much bigger worldwide. Numbers back that

My point was outside of Toronto. The Leafs winning the cup wouldn't be that big of a deal as some think. Not every Raptor fan is from Toronto.

If your from Toronto awesome enjoy it when it happens. Throw a huge ass Pardee

Dude the leafs are like the cowboys of hockey....not all leafs fans are from toronto either...cant believe your comparing raptors to the leafs LOL like seiously thats like comparing a high school team to a pro team....raptors fanbase is not even 1% of leafs fanbase ....leafs are a team that a lot of ppl want to see them lose and an even more want to see them win....leafs have one of the biggest fan bases in sports and one of the most recogniezed logos....raptors hardly have a decent fanbase in toronto and your saying there more popular worldwide?
dont get me wrong basketball is probably more popular than hockey in terms of sports being played by regular ppl on a daily basis but in terms of ppl watching sports hockey destroyes basketball.... russia has 150 million ppl and thats one hockey crazy country....only 20 million ppl watch basketball in the US loll thats not even 5% of the population and another 200-300k watch in canada ...and if leafs by any chance make the stanley cup finals more than 30 million will watch in canada alone and the whole world will be watching im afraid hockey might even take over soccer LOL

It's not about raptors having a bigger fan base than leafs. It's that More people worldwide know the Raptors exists than the Leafs. Because Basketball is way bigger sport than hockey.

Russia has KHL. That's there league it's very popular. Maybe they follow the NHL who knows

Reading the last 4 sentences I realized this convo isnt gonna go anywhere so I'm just gonna leave as his.
Raptors til death
gsptheman
Sophomore

Post#88 » by gsptheman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:37 am

half of the NHL players come from around the world
99% of NBA players are from the US
I guess that sums up which sports is more followed, u raptor fans are really insecure damn what are you looking to get by being more popular than the leafs? like seriously enjoy all sports....u know how stupid you sound? its like saying the LA kings are more popular than the lakers worldwide and will make more impact worldwide...thats how dumb u sound and leave this country if u dont like hockey this will always be hockey country and the media will forever shove hockey down your throuts...if u dont like it u can just leave but anywhere in the world u go basketball will never be shoved down your throuts because its not a major sport in any country LOL
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#89 » by Scott Hall » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:52 am

gsptheman wrote:half of the NHL players come from around the world
I guess that sums up which sports is more followed, u raptor fans are really insecure damn what are you looking to get by being more popular than the leafs? like seriously enjoy all sports....u know how stupid you sound? its like saying the LA kings are more popular than the lakers worldwide and will make more impact worldwide...thats how dumb u sound and leave this country if u dont like hockey this will always be hockey country and the media will forever shove hockey down your throuts...if u dont like it u can just leave but anywhere in the world u go basketball will never be shoved down your throuts because its not a major sport in any country LOL

I like both sports but nobody cares about Hockey outside of Canada...

There's like 8-12 countries that even play it.... Even in countries like Russia, Sweden and the Czech Rep. Hockey
is not their number 1 sport.

And our fellow Canadians that watch Curling and darts and poker and all that crap are embarrassing and need
more culture.
gsptheman
Sophomore

Post#90 » by gsptheman » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:39 am

Scott Hall wrote:

There's like 8-12 countries that even play it.... Even in countries like Russia, Sweden and the Czech Rep. Hockey

And our fellow Canadians that watch Curling and darts and poker and all that crap are embarrassing and need
more culture.

are you kidding me dude? u like both sports and yet no one watches hockey outside of canada? seriously ? hockey is like a religion in russia and sweden and many more easter european countries whereas who really watches basketball outside USA? i mean if in canada no one watches basketball and we have a team in the NBA i doubt anyone half a world away would care....even in the US basketball is the 3rd most popular not far ahead of hockey...if basketball is not even the number one sport in the country of its orgin i doubt anyone else cares....
like i said name one country where basketball is the most popular if u cant name it than this arguement is pointless
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,275

Post#91 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:38 am

Scott Hall wrote:

more culture.

Basketball is barely more popular than hockey (if at all).

Countries that care about Basketball:

Canada, USA, former Yugoslavia, Lithuania, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Israel, Argentina, Brazil

Hockey:

Canada, USA, Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Sweden, Finland

Baseball:

Canada, USA, Japan, Cuba, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Netherlands

Basketball is also the most lop-sided international sport, with the USA completely dominating all competition.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#92 » by Scott Hall » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:54 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:

more culture.

Canada, USA, former Yugoslavia, Lithuania, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Israel

Hockey:

Baseball:

Canada, USA, Japan, Cuba, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Netherlands

Basketball is also the most lop-sided international sport, with the USA completely dominating all competition.

This isn't debatable
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,275

Post#93 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:25 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:

more culture.

Canada, USA, former Yugoslavia, Lithuania, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Israel

Hockey:

Baseball:

This isn't debatable

Sure it is. Basketball might be slightly more popular than hockey, but few countries truly give a **** about one or the other.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,743

Post#94 » by metafisical » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Scott Hall wrote:I like both sports but nobody cares about Hockey outside of Canada...

more culture.

Why is it embarrassing that Canadians watch curling, darts and poker? Why do those Canadians need "more culture"?
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Post#95 » by DonMega » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Hit em with the 40 like Auston Matthews
Brap Brap Brap Brap
DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Post#96 » by DonMega » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:17 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:

more culture.

Canada, USA, former Yugoslavia, Lithuania, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Israel, Argentina, Brazil

Hockey:

Baseball:

You're completely wrong:
http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/championships/world-ranking/mens-world-ranking/2016-ranking/

Even mongolia, greece, estonia, bosnia, israel cares about hockey lol. Beside hockey is better than basketball and with how bad the reffing was this year in the NHL it's not even close to the ref rigging in the NBA. The only thing NBA/Basketball is better than almost all NA sports is the athleticism. Absolute monsters in the NBA, physically gifted and so on.

Also LOL, mentioning baseball. No one outside of north america cares about baseball (lived there for 5 years). In europe no one plays it, talks about it or ever mentions anything baseball. You could have used football (not handegg) as a better example. Volleyball, handball, hockey and ski jumps are bigger sports than baseball in Europe.

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs