ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread -- Wiz vs Jazz (2/26/17)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who will prevail?

Representing the most powerful city in the world.
75%
I gotta join a "club" just to have a beer? Meh.
25%

Total votes: 4

europeanfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 250

Re: Official Thread -- Wiz vs Jazz (2/26/17) 

Post#201 » by europeanfan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:41 am

Also I don't know what to think about Brooks, he has the balls to go micro ball with no center at times, but then he won't call a time out if they throw it in the post or shoot horrendous contested 2s 10 possessions in a row.

I think he can stumble into good lineups more easily than most as he'll try pretty much everything, but I'm still not trusting the guy.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#202 » by Jimmy Recard » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:41 am

The b2b games against the Raps are basically must win games now if we wanna stay top 3.

Disappointing game tonight. Only good thing to come out of it is hopefully this is the last we see of Burke as back up pg.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Re: RE: Re: Official Thread -- Wiz vs Jazz (2/26/17) 

Post#203 » by 80sballboy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:43 am

Tricky_Kid wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:I love Porter, but 2nd game in a row where he played like quasi trash. His man defense is infuriating at times. Any similar sized SF who is good lights him up. Albeit, Hayward absolutely is the better player between the two but he got OWNED today. Gordon ran him around silly.

I like Otto but if they give him a max we are screwed

He's getting a max from us or somebody else. We're not screwed if we give him a max. Did the same thing with Beal and everybody said that was a bad move. How'd that work out? I'm not a huge Porter fan because I'd like to see him create more but he doesn't. In this era's NBA, he's a lengthy 6-8 small forward who can shoot the 3. That 3 and D type of player is worth a lot. But if you put another similar-sized guy in his face like Hood or Hayward, you can slow him down. That Jazz team locked his down.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#204 » by TGW » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:46 am

80sballboy wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
J-Ves wrote:You are probably right. The trio of Morris, Porter, and Gortat need to stop sucking. At least the bench was a little better today than normal, and I hope Brooks doesn't play Burke anymore.

Wall needs to stop sucking. He was terrible again today. Wall Morris Gortat Porter all need to play better.

The bench looked legit with Satoransky running it. We'll be fine.

Not worried about John though nine turnovers is inexcusable and remember, Beal was in the entire second half to help the bench. I have no problem with Sato over Burke but I don't think that means the bench is of a sudden great. Not when Oubre is sucking right now and we don't know if Smith is in or out of the rotation. Mahinmi is paid to defend and rebound. He had two rebounds in 16 minute. His offense is gravy. Morris going 3 for 11 and a -23 and Gortat predictably bad against Gobert, though he played soft all night.

Whether it's Burke or Satoransky, whoever is running that second unit flat out stinks to high hell.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#205 » by NatP4 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:47 am

We'll be fine guys, wall has a couple off games here and there and the players who play off of him also struggle. He always bounces back, just has to play harder defensively. There were positives from this game.. our 2nd unit ran a succesful pick and roll, I seent it! Utah is really good actually

I thought Oubre played well, he just got benched because we needed scoring. As long as Burke never plays again, I think we have another level we can reach. This team is really talented.

Staggering Beal and Otto is the next thing we need to do IMO
NatP4
RealGM

Post#206 » by NatP4 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:49 am

TGW wrote:
80sballboy wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
Wall needs to stop sucking. He was terrible again today. Wall Morris Gortat Porter all need to play better.

The bench looked legit with Satoransky running it. We'll be fine.

Not worried about John though nine turnovers is inexcusable and remember, Beal was in the entire second half to help the bench. I have no problem with Sato over Burke but I don't think that means the bench is of a sudden great. Not when Oubre is sucking right now and we don't know if Smith is in or out of the rotation. Mahinmi is paid to defend and rebound. He had two rebounds in 16 minute. His offense is gravy. Morris going 3 for 11 and a -23 and Gortat predictably bad against Gobert, though he played soft all night.

Whether it's Burke or Satoransky, whoever is running that second unit flat out stinks to high hell.

Except we've only seen Burke and Thornton run that 2nd unit. Satoransky finally got his chance to play PG tonight and we came roaring back from a blowout. The 2nd unit suffers from poor cozching, not lack of talent.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#207 » by Dat2U » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:53 am

I was at the game. I just got into a back and forth with Ted Leonsis about Ernie Grunfeld. I told him fire Ernie, he walked towards me and responded "that's your opinion". I said Mahinmi & Nicholson were horrible free agent signings. He said "we just traded Nicholson". I said you spent a 1st round pick to dump him, but "we got a good player in return" he said. I told him I didn't think Bogdanovic was worth a 1st. He just shook his head in disagreement. I told him well thanks for speaking with me and held out my hand to shake his. He dramatically pulled his hand away and rubbed his scalp and smiled as he walked way in the opposite direction. What a douche bag!
NatP4
RealGM

Post#208 » by NatP4 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:54 am

Also RIP to the lineup of mild discomfort, brooks seems to like Bojan more than Oubre. People predicted this. He gets one thing right, he messes up another.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#209 » by Illmatic12 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:55 am

Tricky_Kid wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:I love Porter, but 2nd game in a row where he played like quasi trash. His man defense is infuriating at times. Any similar sized SF who is good lights him up. Albeit, Hayward absolutely is the better player between the two but he got OWNED today. Gordon ran him around silly.

If Otto can transition to playing most of his minutes at PF, he'll help us a lot for years to come.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#210 » by 80sballboy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:57 am

Dat2U wrote:I was at the game. I just got into a back and forth with Ted Leonsis about Ernie Grunfeld. I told him fire Ernie, he walked towards me and responded "that's your opinion". I said Mahinmi & Nicholson were horrible free agent signings. He said "we just traded Nicholson". I said you spent a 1st round pick to dump him, but "we got a good player in return" he said. I told him I didn't think Bogdanovic was worth a 1st. He just shook his head in disagreement. I told well thanks for speaking with me and held out my hand to shake his. He dramatically pulled his hand away and rubbed his scalp and smiled as he walked way in the opposite direction. What a douche bag!

Ballsy of you to do that, but who was the douche bag? :D I mean, you just killed his boy and he probably gets 100 tweets a day about firing EG. What do you expect him to do, agree with you? That would be admitting he was wrong and you should know, that's a pretty tough thing. :wink: Notice he didn't disagree with your about Mahinmi.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#211 » by nuposse04 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:58 am

Dat2U wrote:I was at the game. I just got into a back and forth with Ted Leonsis about Ernie Grunfeld. I told him fire Ernie, he walked towards me and responded "that's your opinion". I said Mahinmi & Nicholson were horrible free agent signings. He said "we just traded Nicholson". I said you spent a 1st round pick to dump him, but "we got a good player in return" he said. I told him I didn't think Bogdanovic was worth a 1st. He just shook his head in disagreement. I told well thanks for speaking with me and held out my hand to shake his. He dramatically pulled his hand away and rubbed his scalp and smiled as he walked way in the opposite direction. What a douche bag!

Ted needs a large dose of humility. Him and Grunfeld are 2nd to SAC in terms of sheer systemic stupidity. :nonono:
NatP4
RealGM

Post#212 » by NatP4 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:58 am

Who is the real douche bag in this scenario?
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#213 » by nuposse04 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:00 am

Illmatic12 wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:

If Otto can transition to playing most of his minutes at PF, he'll help us a lot for years to come.

I have no problem with paying otto the max if need be... I just hope they at least try to get him to come down a little. His inability to create for himself at times is fairly disheartening at times. Hopefully he improves considerably in that department.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#214 » by nuposse04 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:01 am

NatP4 wrote:

The guy who thinks he is too good to shake a fans hand? Pointing out facts doesn't make one a douche bag. Your butthurtness be damned.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#215 » by keynote » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:01 am

Dat2U wrote:I told him well thanks for speaking with me and held out my hand to shake his. He dramatically pulled his hand away and rubbed his scalp and smiled as he walked way in the opposite direction. What a douche bag!

He pulled the "too slow" move!? :lol:
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#216 » by 80sballboy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:01 am

NatP4 wrote:Also RIP to the lineup of mild discomfort, brooks seems to like Bojan more than Oubre. People predicted this. He gets one thing right, he messes up another.

They both play the same spot, but again, Beal played the 2nd half because he missed most of the first. He's going to get some minutes at the 2 and a little at the 3. I think you're overreacting a little because one of your fave sons is not playing well and he sat in the 2nd half due to Beal.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#217 » by keynote » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:02 am

NatP4 wrote:

Granted, we're hearing Dat's version of events, but it doesn't sound like he was being rude.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
ozthegap
Senior
And1: 159

Post#218 » by ozthegap » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:04 am

It's only 2 games people. calm down. The sixers was terrible but if we had won this one it would have been a pleasant surprise. Otto is generally consistently good. This was one bad game for him. Kief is just sleeping he'll wake up again at some point. Gortat is lactose intolerant whenever he plays yogurt but still good otherwise. The bench... ask Millie idk.

Also my autocorrect wants to change sixers to suckers :lol: :lol:
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#219 » by 80sballboy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:04 am

BTW, is it possible for KD to miss his trip back to D.C. with a hand injury?
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#220 » by Illmatic12 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:05 am

nuposse04 wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:I like Otto but if they give him a max we are screwed

I have no problem with paying otto the max if need be... I just hope they at least try to get him to come down a little. His inability to create for himself at times is fairly disheartening at times. Hopefully he improves considerably in that department.

I hope he works as hard after getting paid as Brad did. Otto needs to stop being allergic to handling the ball, moving forward he has to be able to handle more usage than what he's done.

And it seems like he gets lit up by basically any All-Star caliber wing. His 1v1 defense has to get a lot better

Return to Washington Wizards