ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread -- Wiz vs Jazz (2/26/17)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Who will prevail?

Representing the most powerful city in the world.
75%
I gotta join a "club" just to have a beer? Meh.
25%

Total votes: 4

nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Re: RE: Re: Official Thread -- Wiz vs Jazz (2/26/17) 

Post#221 » by nuposse04 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:09 am

Illmatic12 wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:If Otto can transition to playing most of his minutes at PF, he'll help us a lot for years to come.

I have no problem with paying otto the max if need be... I just hope they at least try to get him to come down a little. His inability to create for himself at times is fairly disheartening at times. Hopefully he improves considerably in that department.

I hope he works as hard after getting paid as Brad did. Otto needs to stop being allergic to handling the ball, moving forward he has to be able to handle more usage than what he's done.

And it seems like he gets lit up by basically any All-Star caliber wing. His 1v1 defense has to get a lot better

His defense doesn't seem to change pending the player he guards. I remember in a game against the Bulls, he ends up crowding Jimmy B a lot instead of letting him take semi contested long jumpers... he did that the entire game. He is such a cerebral player but sometimes I don't understand his interpretation of the scouting reports... at least with how he plays man defense. I understand a player simply being better then you but his efforts against all star wings is kinda weird at times. Its a good thing his team defense is stellar otherwise it'd really be a consistent problem.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Re: Official Thread -- Wiz vs Jazz (2/26/17) 

Post#222 » by Dat2U » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:14 am

80sballboy wrote:
Dat2U wrote:I was at the game. I just got into a back and forth with Ted Leonsis about Ernie Grunfeld. I told him fire Ernie, he walked towards me and responded "that's your opinion". I said Mahinmi & Nicholson were horrible free agent signings. He said "we just traded Nicholson". I said you spent a 1st round pick to dump him, but "we got a good player in return" he said. I told him I didn't think Bogdanovic was worth a 1st. He just shook his head in disagreement. I told well thanks for speaking with me and held out my hand to shake his. He dramatically pulled his hand away and rubbed his scalp and smiled as he walked way in the opposite direction. What a douche bag!

Ballsy of you to do that, but who was the douche bag? :D I mean, you just killed his boy and he probably gets 100 tweets a day about firing EG. What do you expect him to do, agree with you? That would be admitting he was wrong and you should know, that's a pretty tough thing. :wink: Notice he didn't disagree with your about Mahinmi.

Well I was on my 4th IPA and had a Fireball as well so I was in a talkative mood lol. I got lucky on some floor seats for cheap so I caught him near the Jazz bench right after the game. He could have ignored me but he walked directly towards me as I let him know how I felt. I did appreciated the interaction so I thought we could disagree but be agreeable. But the diss move seemed uneccesary. It confirmed to me his ego outsizes any and everything.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,223

Post#223 » by NatP4 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:15 am

keynote wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:I was at the game. I just got into a back and forth with Ted Leonsis about Ernie Grunfeld. I told him fire Ernie, he walked towards me and responded "that's your opinion". I said Mahinmi & Nicholson were horrible free agent signings. He said "we just traded Nicholson". I said you spent a 1st round pick to dump him, but "we got a good player in return" he said. I told him I didn't think Bogdanovic was worth a 1st. He just shook his head in disagreement. I told well thanks for speaking with me and held out my hand to shake his. He dramatically pulled his hand away and rubbed his scalp and smiled as he walked way in the opposite direction. What a douche bag!

Who is the real douche bag in this scenario?

Granted, we're hearing Dat's version of events, but it doesn't sound like he was being rude.

Subjective perspective of fan telling owner how to do his job.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#224 » by NatP4 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:16 am

80sballboy wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Also RIP to the lineup of mild discomfort, brooks seems to like Bojan more than Oubre. People predicted this. He gets one thing right, he messes up another.

They both play the same spot, but again, Beal played the 2nd half because he missed most of the first. He's going to get some minutes at the 2 and a little at the 3. I think you're overreacting a little because one of your fave sons is not playing well and he sat in the 2nd half due to Beal.

But Oubre did play well in this game. He was active all over the court, I understand Beal and Bojan over him in the 2nd half though. I forgot about Beal playing all of the 2nd half. Good move by Brooks
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Re: RE: Re: Official Thread -- Wiz vs Jazz (2/26/17) 

Post#225 » by Illmatic12 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:16 am

nuposse04 wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:
I have no problem with paying otto the max if need be... I just hope they at least try to get him to come down a little. His inability to create for himself at times is fairly disheartening at times. Hopefully he improves considerably in that department.

I hope he works as hard after getting paid as Brad did. Otto needs to stop being allergic to handling the ball, moving forward he has to be able to handle more usage than what he's done.

And it seems like he gets lit up by basically any All-Star caliber wing. His 1v1 defense has to get a lot better

His defense doesn't seem to change pending the player he guards. I remember in a game against the Bulls, he ends up crowding Jimmy B a lot instead of letting him take semi contested long jumpers... he did that the entire game. He is such a cerebral player but sometimes I don't understand his interpretation of the scouting reports... at least with how he plays man defense. I understand a player simply being better then you but his efforts against all star wings is kinda weird at times. Its a good thing his team defense is stellar otherwise it'd really be a consistent problem.

Yeah, I also remember a game against the Bucks where he kept sticking to Giannis on the perimeter (as if he's any kind of jumpshooting threat) and was getting blown by easily. But other games where he'll be guarding legit jumpshooters and giving them all kinds of space.

It's definitely weird and troublesome, because you would think someone on the coaching staff would be correcting this.
ozthegap
Senior
And1: 159

Post#226 » by ozthegap » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:17 am

Dat2U wrote:
80sballboy wrote:

Ballsy of you to do that, but who was the douche bag? :D I mean, you just killed his boy and he probably gets 100 tweets a day about firing EG. What do you expect him to do, agree with you? That would be admitting he was wrong and you should know, that's a pretty tough thing. :wink: Notice he didn't disagree with your about Mahinmi.

Well I was on my 4th IPA and had a Fireball as well so I was in a talkative mood lol. I got lucky on some floor seats for cheap so I caught him near the Jazz bench right after the game. He could have ignored me but he walked directly towards me as I let him know how I felt. I did appreciated the interaction so I thought we could disagree but be disagreeable. But the diss move seemed uneccesary. It confirmed to me his ego outsizes any and everything.

You were there so you would know. But to me it sounds like he was trying to be funny but doesn't know how.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#227 » by 80sballboy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:21 am

Read on Twitter
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#228 » by gambitx777 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:32 am

I mean Bogdanavic played really well tonight, can't be happier with him at the moment. They really need to move kelley to SG, I'm telling you that's the move. stop playing wall and beal 40 miutes cut them down to 30 and let tomas and kelley play and see what happens bogdanavic can be your scorer off the bench. Lets go.
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,107

Post#229 » by J-Ves » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:34 am

Dat2U wrote:I was at the game. I just got into a back and forth with Ted Leonsis about Ernie Grunfeld. I told him fire Ernie, he walked towards me and responded "that's your opinion". I said Mahinmi & Nicholson were horrible free agent signings. He said "we just traded Nicholson". I said you spent a 1st round pick to dump him, but "we got a good player in return" he said. I told him I didn't think Bogdanovic was worth a 1st. He just shook his head in disagreement. I told him well thanks for speaking with me and held out my hand to shake his. He dramatically pulled his hand away and rubbed his scalp and smiled as he walked way in the opposite direction. What a douche bag!

This isn't a joke? You actually did that? That's pretty funny and awesome. Next time tell him the realgm Wiz board sends their regards :lol: .
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#230 » by 80sballboy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:35 am

gambitx777 wrote:I mean Bogdanavic played really well tonight, can't be happier with him at the moment. They really need to move kelley to SG, I'm telling you that's the move. stop playing wall and beal 40 miutes cut them down to 30 and let tomas and kelley play and see what happens bogdanavic can be your scorer off the bench. Lets go.

Brooks already moved Kelly to shooting guard. He did it in the first game against Philly and in the first half of this game. If Morris goes back to being the old Morris of Nov-Dec., none of that will matter. We're going to struggle against good teams.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#231 » by Dat2U » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:37 am

keynote wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

Granted, we're hearing Dat's version of events, but it doesn't sound like he was being rude.

I wasn't for sure. I was buzzed but not drunk. I was also very polite. I wasn't trying to make a scene. Ted could have easily ignored me but did not.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#232 » by TGW » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:45 am

Dat2U wrote:I was at the game. I just got into a back and forth with Ted Leonsis about Ernie Grunfeld. I told him fire Ernie, he walked towards me and responded "that's your opinion". I said Mahinmi & Nicholson were horrible free agent signings. He said "we just traded Nicholson". I said you spent a 1st round pick to dump him, but "we got a good player in return" he said. I told him I didn't think Bogdanovic was worth a 1st. He just shook his head in disagreement. I told him well thanks for speaking with me and held out my hand to shake his. He dramatically pulled his hand away and rubbed his scalp and smiled as he walked way in the opposite direction. What a douche bag!

:lol: I would have told him to buy another indoor football team, cause that's the only way he'll be the owner of a championship team.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#233 » by AFM » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 am

I saw Ted Leonsis at a grocery store in Dupont yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Way bars in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#234 » by gambitx777 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:47 am

Dat2U wrote:
keynote wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

I wasn't for sure. I was buzzed but not drunk. I was also very polite. I wasn't trying to make a scene. Ted could have easily ignored me but did not.

I feel like you should have asked him why mahinmi was not traded too. and asked him why burke is still on this team when he is pretty much the worst PG in the league getting playing time.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#235 » by NatP4 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:48 am

Dat2U wrote:
keynote wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

Alright, sorry Dat, I believe you. Your story just sounded like it was possible you kinda trolled him at first.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#236 » by AFM » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:50 am

Dat2U drinks fireball...
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#237 » by montestewart » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:55 am

AFM wrote:

I saw Ted Leonsis at a grocery store in Dupont yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Way bars in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

This kind of feels like a HOF combination. Anyone second?
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#238 » by closg00 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:02 am

NatP4 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
keynote wrote:

Alright, sorry Dat, I believe you. Your story just sounded like it was possible you kinda trolled him at first.

...and we know that you're always going to side with Ernie Hands over a long-time board member
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,107

Post#239 » by J-Ves » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:08 am

montestewart wrote:
AFM wrote:

Needs more Elle Leonsis
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#240 » by keynote » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:21 am

montestewart wrote:
AFM wrote:

Seconded. But what would be better would be an entire "Tall Tales of Ted" thread. Let posters script increasingly ridiculous, over-the-top "anecdotes" about their encounter with the good Mr. Leonsis.

E.g., "I was feeding the meter on U St when a careening Bentley sideswiped my parked car! To my surprise, *Ted Leonsis* hopped out of the driver's seat, placed a urinal cake on the hood of the damaged car, yelled, 'I'm *never* firing Ernie, b@#$h!' and drove off without leaving a note."
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.

Return to Washington Wizards