Kaepernick and Cutler

Moderator: bwgood77

Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Kaepernick and Cutler 

Post#1 » by Celtsfan1980 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 1:27 pm

Both should be free agents. Can a team win the Super Bowl with either at quarterback?
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Re: Kaepernick and Cutler 

Post#2 » by El Turco » Thu Mar 2, 2017 1:50 pm

kaep was 5 yards away from winning it, both can win it with strong defense. although cutler needs to be less of a gun slinger more of a game manager.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 2, 2017 3:23 pm

Cutler - No. I don't believe in him as a leader and he's shown nothing in his past that would indicate he could ever "lead" a team to a championship level.

Kaep - I don't think so but he would have a better shot than Cutler. As Arda said - he got the Niners awfully close. He's still a "One Trick Pony" when it comes to his passing but I give him an edge because he can and will take off with the ball and make plays that can rally a team. You can't overstate that. But - as Arda correctly points out - you had better have a dominant defense with him.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#4 » by RavenMad31 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 8:07 pm

Theoretically, I think you can win with either, but you'd have to put them in the most perfect situation imaginable, much like Creaky Peyton and the 2015 Broncos. I won't be betting on either of them though. I'd like to see them end up in Houston or Arizona. The Arizona situation would require them to wait until Palmer gets hurt or struggles, but I think that's quite likely. Houston is made to order and ready to go. Jacksonville gives good surrounding talent and an incumbent QB that could be easily be beaten out, plus new management. The Vikings might be worth a look. Even if they went to one of these teams, started and stayed healthy, I think the chances of either of them winning a Super Bowl is almost zero.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:28 pm

I don't believe in Cutler at all. He has the guts and leadership of a hyena in heat. Kap is a total ...... (can't use that word in here anymore). I wouldn't give either one a mop job for any club, but we do have many stupid, desperate organizations out there.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,437

Post#6 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 3, 2017 5:26 pm

Maybe only the '85 Bears & 2000 Ravens defenses could cover for those two.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 5:49 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Maybe only the '85 Bears & 2000 Ravens defenses could cover for those two.

You still at spring training in Arizona? how is it going down there. I'm sure the weather is great on top of it.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#8 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 3, 2017 6:13 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Maybe only the '85 Bears & 2000 Ravens defenses could cover for those two.

You still at spring training in Arizona? how is it going down there. I'm sure the weather is great on top of it.

Phoenix. Staying with fam. Weather is good. :D

Thinking about moving down here! :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 6:27 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Well good. Have a great time and get some rest. Your gonna need it by draft time. Me and America's team are coming after ya. You must be getting tired of all the rain in Seattle. Does the sun ever shine there?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#10 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 3, 2017 6:35 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You still at spring training in Arizona? how is it going down there. I'm sure the weather is great on top of it.

Well good. Have a great time and get some rest. Your gonna need it by draft time. Me and America's team are coming after ya. You must be getting tired of all the rain in Seattle. Does the sun ever shine there?

What Sun???

Seattle...360 days/year

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 6:44 pm

Looks depressing.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#12 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 3, 2017 7:05 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks depressing.

:nod:

It can be. Winter certainly is. Why do you think Grunge is so popular? :lol: :(
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 7:12 pm

And now that whack job from Korea can strike the west coast now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 7:13 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks depressing.

:nod:

It can be. Winter certainly is. Why do you think Grunge is so popular? :lol: :(

Take a trip and never leave the farm, :rofl:
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sat Mar 4, 2017 1:40 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I don't believe in Cutler at all. He has the guts and leadership of a hyena in heat. Kap is a total ...... (can't use that word in here anymore). I wouldn't give either one a mop job for any club, but we do have many stupid, desperate organizations out there.

We'll use Cleveland as an example. Cutler statistically would be their best quarterback. Weak draft class for quarterbacks. Management going into their second year with their job possibly on the line, so a veteran makes sense. At $10 million next season with a team option after that, as a Browns fan I want Cutler if Taylor isn't available and Glennon chooses elsewhere. San Fransisco doesn't even have a quarterback at this point, so they're definitely another realistic option. It's not being desperate or being stupid.
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#16 » by RavenMad31 » Sat Mar 4, 2017 11:46 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I don't believe in Cutler at all. He has the guts and leadership of a hyena in heat. Kap is a total ...... (can't use that word in here anymore). I wouldn't give either one a mop job for any club, but we do have many stupid, desperate organizations out there.

We'll use Cleveland as an example. Cutler statistically would be their best quarterback. Weak draft class for quarterbacks. Management going into their second year with their job possibly on the line, so a veteran makes sense. At $10 million next season with a team option after that, as a Browns fan I want Cutler if Taylor isn't available and Glennon chooses elsewhere. San Fransisco doesn't even have a quarterback at this point, so they're definitely another realistic option. It's not being desperate or being stupid.

Unless Cleveland wants to continue being Cleveland, they better give this regime no less than three years, but really ought to be four. That means, they have no business screwing around with a veteran QB or expecting more than 4-5 wins this year. I'd be using all these draft picks this year on O-line after snagging Garrett number one overall. That way, you have some young guys with a year of experience playing together to protect the guy you grab in the much better QB class of 2018,
Of course, they could always go this way. Trade a bunch of picks for Garropollo and get him killed on what is presently a garbage team, then fire your new coach at the end of the season because he wasn't able to squeeze wins out of that dumpster fire.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#17 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Mar 5, 2017 3:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Check back with us in July. It's a dry heat.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 5, 2017 4:02 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Does that mean you will jump ship and join on the Cardinal bandwagon if you decide to move? :naaa:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#19 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Mar 5, 2017 4:14 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You still at spring training in Arizona? how is it going down there. I'm sure the weather is great on top of it.

Does that mean you will jump ship and join on the Cardinal bandwagon if you decide to move? :naaa:

Hell NO! There are likely more Hawks fans down here, anyway! :lol:
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun Mar 5, 2017 4:45 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:Unless Cleveland wants to continue being Cleveland, they better give this regime no less than three years, but really ought to be four. That means, they have no business screwing around with a veteran QB or expecting more than 4-5 wins this year. I'd be using all these draft picks this year on O-line after snagging Garrett number one overall. That way, you have some young guys with a year of experience playing together to protect the guy you grab in the much better QB class of 2018,
Of course, they could always go this way. Trade a bunch of picks for Garropollo and get him killed on what is presently a garbage team, then fire your new coach at the end of the season because he wasn't able to squeeze wins out of that dumpster fire.

Over $100 million in cap space by the way.
A respected defensive coordinator:apparently Williams must think the team has talent.
Quarterback:Tyrod Taylor may be available, Glennon isn't a bad option, and Cutler would be my third option. Inconsistent, but has had many good seasons.
Offensive line:Greco and Bitonio both got injured last year. Cam Irving showed potential at right tackle. Need Joe Thomas' eventual replacement at left tackle in the draft(preferrably one who can play left and right tackle), and possibly a guard or Center. With health the offensive line isn't in horrible shape.
Wide receiver:need one if Pryor leaves. I've given up on Gordon at this point.
Running backs are okay.
Defense:need two defensive linemen, one or two safeties, a cornerback, and one linebacker.

Free agency(assuming Pryor leaves):one offensive linemen, quarterback, defensive linemen, safety, and cornerback.
Draft:Garrett, best wide receiver at 12, linebacker, and one or two offensive linemen.
Cap space coming into the year will be $40-50 million.
They can easily win 8 games or more with a decent draft. 2018 season:Super Bowl isn't impossible. It's all about the draft and free agency.

Return to The General NFL Board