Senior
And1: 252

Re: The perfect quarterback 

Post#21 » by RavenMad31 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 2:50 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
#Potshot

I had a grin of devious pride when I sent that. I also looked at his numbers afterward and was a little bit impressed.

I never totally blamed him for those NFC Championship letdowns. Only game they weren't really in was the Eagles game. The Niners game... what can you say? Joe effin' Montana overcame 6 damn turnovers!

And after rewatching the 1982 game between the Cowboys and Redskins, I remember why I hated Rod Hill. I hate him again. He was the epitome of what Jimmy Johnson said years later... "Kick me in the head if I ever draft another dumb football player".

Amen to that. People still don't realize that once you reach the NFL level, being smart makes you faster than running fast. Reading, recognition and reaction from the ability to prepare better and utilize information quickly is something I would love to be able to quantify as it relates to a guy's 40 time. Belichick hasn't buttered his bread with ovepaid, physically gifted idiots, that's for sure.
So yeah, is there really any shame in not being quite as good as Roger Staubach? No. The window on the Cowboys was starting to close just as the Niners and Redskins and a little later the Giants was opening. Dynasties end. Danny White was a big reason it at least lasted a few years longer.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 2, 2017 5:42 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:And I thought I was passionate about America's Team, Wow Otis.

Rod Hill Sucked!

44:00:00 - Muff
49:00:00 - should have been a Redskin TD

Idiot.

That was horrible. Don't blame you at all. Of course Drew Pearson and especially Tony Hill dropped a couple balls that could have been huge plays for us. More of the California Quake is what I was saying back then. Wish we could go back and wipe out the 2nd period. What I hated about that game was how Joe Jacoby dominated Harvey Martin all day and I always hated Jethro Pugh's replacement, John Dutton. Always thought he was a pussy. Plus I always hated the numbers we had on our pants back then. Thank God that only lasted 6 years.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#23 » by RavenMad31 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 9:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:And I thought I was passionate about America's Team, Wow Otis.

Rod Hill Sucked!

Idiot.

That was horrible. Don't blame you at all. Of course Drew Pearson and especially Tony Hill dropped a couple balls that could have been huge plays for us. More of the California Quake is what I was saying back then. Wish we could go back and wipe out the 2nd period. What I hated about that game was how Joe Jacoby dominated Harvey Martin all day and I always hated Jethro Pugh's replacement, John Dutton. Always thought he was a pussy. Plus I always hated the numbers we had on our pants back then. Thank God that only lasted 6 years.

It's funny how little details like that mean something to fans. My hatred for the Steelers doubled when they went to those thin, rounded numbers on their jerseys. Joe Jacoby was a once in a generation beast of an O-lineman. I think he was ~300 pounds in a time when the average tackle was about 270-280. Harvey Martin was nearing the end by then and was probably giving up at least thirty pounds to Joe.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:09 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Rod Hill Sucked!

Idiot.

It's funny how little details like that mean something to fans. My hatred for the Steelers doubled when they went to those thin, rounded numbers on their jerseys. Joe Jacoby was a once in a generation beast of an O-lineman. I think he was ~300 pounds in a time when the average tackle was about 270-280. Harvey Martin was nearing the end by then and was probably giving up at least thirty pounds to Joe.

Actually, the foreskins had one of the best O-lines in NFL history with the Hogs. It just wasn't Jacoby. There was also Mark May and others. I usually don't say anything good about the Foreskins and Egals, but I have to admit looking back that was the strength of that team back then during the 80's and very early 90's. This post will self destruct before any Redskin fans reads this.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#25 » by RavenMad31 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:30 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:That was horrible. Don't blame you at all. Of course Drew Pearson and especially Tony Hill dropped a couple balls that could have been huge plays for us. More of the California Quake is what I was saying back then. Wish we could go back and wipe out the 2nd period. What I hated about that game was how Joe Jacoby dominated Harvey Martin all day and I always hated Jethro Pugh's replacement, John Dutton. Always thought he was a pussy. Plus I always hated the numbers we had on our pants back then. Thank God that only lasted 6 years.

Actually, the foreskins had one of the best O-lines in NFL history with the Hogs. It just wasn't Jacoby. There was also Mark May and others. I usually don't say anything good about the Foreskins and Egals, but I have to admit looking back that was the strength od that team back then during the 80's and very early 90's. This post will self destruct before any Redskin fans reads this.

Too late. Screen shot has been taken and I'm contacting Skins fans as we speak to get a highest bidder.
Russ Grimm was another of the hogs. Those guys allowed Mark Rypien, Jay Schroeder and Doug Williams to play like pro bowlers. They made a somewhat forgettable FB a household name well into his thirties. (can't believe Riggins was 34 during that '83 season)
The center was Jeff Bostik. Damn, that was almost unfair.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:35 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:That was horrible. Don't blame you at all. Of course Drew Pearson and especially Tony Hill dropped a couple balls that could have been huge plays for us. More of the California Quake is what I was saying back then. Wish we could go back and wipe out the 2nd period. What I hated about that game was how Joe Jacoby dominated Harvey Martin all day and I always hated Jethro Pugh's replacement, John Dutton. Always thought he was a pussy. Plus I always hated the numbers we had on our pants back then. Thank God that only lasted 6 years.

Actually, the foreskins had one of the best O-lines in NFL history with the Hogs. It just wasn't Jacoby. There was also Mark May and others. I usually don't say anything good about the Foreskins and Egals, but I have to admit looking back that was the strength of that team back then during the 80's and very early 90's. This post will self destruct before any Redskin fans reads this.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:37 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:It's funny how little details like that mean something to fans. My hatred for the Steelers doubled when they went to those thin, rounded numbers on their jerseys. Joe Jacoby was a once in a generation beast of an O-lineman. I think he was ~300 pounds in a time when the average tackle was about 270-280. Harvey Martin was nearing the end by then and was probably giving up at least thirty pounds to Joe.

Actually, the foreskins had one of the best O-lines in NFL history with the Hogs. It just wasn't Jacoby. There was also Mark May and others. I usually don't say anything good about the Foreskins and Egals, but I have to admit looking back that was the strength od that team back then during the 80's and very early 90's. This post will self destruct before any Redskin fans reads this.

Too late. Screen shot has been taken and I'm contacting Skins fans as we speak to get a highest bidder.
Russ Grimm was another of the hogs. Those guys allowed Mark Rypien, Jay Schroeder and Doug Williams to play like pro bowlers. They made a somewhat forgettable FB a household name well into his thirties. (can't believe Riggins was 34 during that '83 season)

Can we change the subject now. We have given the Redskins enough praise for one lifetime, :lol:
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#28 » by RavenMad31 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 5:35 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Actually, the foreskins had one of the best O-lines in NFL history with the Hogs. It just wasn't Jacoby. There was also Mark May and others. I usually don't say anything good about the Foreskins and Egals, but I have to admit looking back that was the strength od that team back then during the 80's and very early 90's. This post will self destruct before any Redskin fans reads this.

Can we change the subject now. We have given the Redskins enough praise for one lifetime, :lol:

Nah. I know the last 20 years have been lean for your Cowboys, but you've consistently been able to say, "at least we're not the Redskins."
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#29 » by bleu » Fri Mar 3, 2017 5:46 pm

I truly feel bad for Washington sports fans. I don't particularly care for the Redskins or any of their teams for that matter, but after living there for a few years I have to feel sympathy for them. It's been a rough couple of decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 5:52 pm

bleu wrote:I truly feel bad for Washington sports fans. I don't particularly care for the Redskins or any of their teams for that matter, but after living there for a few years I have to feel sympathy for them. It's been a rough couple of decades.

I don't like you anymore, :lol: :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 7:16 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

Rod Hill Sucked!

Idiot.

Thanks for posting this. I actually went back and watch a bunch of vintage Cowboy games on my day off. And as much as I love, we still disagree on Danny White, sorry. Even Meredith was better.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#32 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Mar 3, 2017 11:05 pm

bleu wrote:I truly feel bad for Washington sports fans. I don't particularly care for the Redskins or any of their teams for that matter, but after living there for a few years I have to feel sympathy for them. It's been a rough couple of decades.

I don't.

At all.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 7, 2017 11:25 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

I don't.

At all.

:lol: :clap: :rofl: :falloff:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 7, 2017 11:27 pm

I won't feel any better about the Redskins unless decades becomes centuries. :nod:

Return to The General NFL Board